*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I did miss it! There is an overabundance of amazing archaeology in this area. I'd recommend the old Cochiti ruins and Cochiti pueblo (about 1/2 hour north of Albuquerque on the way to Santa Fe). I assume they've been to Chaco Canyon and Bandelier National Monument, but if not those are some of the greatest archaeological sites in the whole country. The Maxwell Museum located on the University of New Mexico campus is top notch. Petroglyph National Monument is pretty neat and right next to town. For amazing non-archaeological sightseeing, I'd recommend Tent Rocks, also located on the way up to Santa Fe.

Tent Rocks:

The Rio Grande Gorge Bridge is also super cool
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Don't use that word while Feral is riding the rails.
      I found this place just a few miles from my parents house. Clearly I need to give it a try

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Excellent timing as we're visiting NM next month.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          The Rio Grande Gorge Bridge is also super cool
          Everything up by Taos is really awesome --- the Gorge Bridge, the Taos Pueblo, Angelfire, tons of hot springs, etc. It's kind of far from Albuquerque, though --- like 2 hours away-ish.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Everything up by Taos is really awesome --- the Gorge Bridge, the Taos Pueblo, Angelfire, tons of hot springs, etc. It's kind of far from Albuquerque, though --- like 2 hours away-ish.
            Not a problem, Heye and his family will drive 12 hours to watch the sunset.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Excellent timing as we're visiting NM next month.
              Nick Markakis

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Nick Markakis
                maybe a different vintage drafter ?
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• In Soviet Union Nick Markakis visit you!
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I found this place just a few miles from my parents house. Clearly I need to give it a try

https://heathenbrewing.com/feral-public-house/
                    Your own pub...very nice!

Drafts, malts, brews, lagers
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Riding amtrak right now - derailment might be lethal
                      Looks like you just missed this one:

PORTLAND, Ore. — Workers are trying to free an Amtrak train with 183 passengers aboard that has been stuck since Sunday after hitting a tree that fell on the tracks near Eugene, Oregon. Amtrak’s Coast Starlight train left Seattle for Los Angeles early Sunday but hit a tree in Oakridge, Oregon, about 6:20 p.m. Oakridge is about 45 miles southeast of Eugene.

Union Pacific spokesman Tim McMahan says crews are clearing the track and were expected to reach the train by 6 a.m. PST Tuesday. He says the train will move back to Eugene and Portland. Amtrak made the decision to keep passengers on the train because electricity is out in Oakridge. Amtrak says there is ample food on board.

Passenger Carly Bigby tells KOIN-TV parents have run out of diapers and there is limited cellphone service.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Looks like you just missed this one:

PORTLAND, Ore. — Workers are trying to free an Amtrak train with 183 passengers aboard that has been stuck since Sunday after hitting a tree that fell on the tracks near Eugene, Oregon. Amtrak’s Coast Starlight train left Seattle for Los Angeles early Sunday but hit a tree in Oakridge, Oregon, about 6:20 p.m. Oakridge is about 45 miles southeast of Eugene.

Union Pacific spokesman Tim McMahan says crews are clearing the track and were expected to reach the train by 6 a.m. PST Tuesday. He says the train will move back to Eugene and Portland. Amtrak made the decision to keep passengers on the train because electricity is out in Oakridge. Amtrak says there is ample food on board.

Passenger Carly Bigby tells KOIN-TV parents have run out of diapers and there is limited cellphone service.
                        I saw that on the news last night. The storm that delayed this train was originally going to hit Seattle, but shifted south into Oregon. Looks like it dumped a lot of snow, hope they all get unstuck soon
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Your own pub...very nice!

Drafts, malts, brews, lagers
                          Drinking, mingling - bottles of liquid. I wonder if they allow slashing
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Yeah ... I'll hook up the SS tonight. what better way to spend a Saturday night. That's such a Captain Holt thing to say!
                            Captain Holt would never put up with overpromising/underperforming, or would he ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Drinking, mingling - bottles of liquid. I wonder if they allow slashing
                              Drunken men begin lightly slashing, and then it goes from there, I suppose.

Comment

Drunken men begin lightly slashing, and then it goes from there, I suppose.
                                Hopefully.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X