*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Trains are a little different here. Not as nice as northern europe for sure. Havent been on a train in southern europe for 20 years, i assume they are better now. Particularly the high speed ones.

That said, for a three hour trip it is far preferable to flying or driving
    Seattle to portland actually is a nice route. Lots of country scenes and small towms u would never see driving. Plus a 20 mile section on the water with mountain views
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Trains are a little different here. Not as nice as northern europe for sure. Havent been on a train in southern europe for 20 years, i assume they are better now. Particularly the high speed ones.

Pretty good all over these days from what I gather ... the train from Turin to Genoa was one of the nicest rain rides I ever went on.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Pretty good all over these days from what I gather ... the train from Turin to Genoa was one of the nicest rain rides I ever went on.
        What did u do in Genoa ? Drove thru this summer but didnt have time to stop.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

What did u do in Genoa ? Drove thru this summer but didnt have time to stop.
          Was just a day trip. Spent more time in Turin than anyone ever should have to, and we traveled around a bit during that time.

The train to Milan was a bit more bland.

Comment

Seattle to portland actually is a nice route.
            Speaking of derailment might be lethal...one of my in-laws was dispatching that route for BNSF when that train derailed up there.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I love traveling by train. I know time is money and what not, but the USA would seem like a great country to travel around by train. Shame it died off.
              Just like an airplane it is super awkward when the ladies forget to latch the lavatory. Some things cant be unseen
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Speaking of derailment might be lethal...one of my in-laws was dispatching that route for BNSF when that train derailed up there.
                That was so tragic. My dad was worried for the next year i visited him on the train. Coming up on that spot in about 5 minutes
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

That was so tragic. My dad was worried for the next year i visited him on the train. Coming up on that spot in about 5 minutes
                  No news is good news?
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    No news is good news?
                    All good, thanks
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Word of advice: NEVER do an auction on NFBC. What a total clusterfuck.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Just like an airplane it is super awkward when the ladies forget to latch the lavatory. Some things cant be unseen
                        My mother-in-law walked in on me while we were in India, ugh. (There was no latch of course).
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I love traveling by train. I know time is money and what not, but the USA would seem like a great country to travel around by train. Shame it died off.
                          I’ve done some train travelin’ in my time. Trains are just really nice when they’re the interstate kind. City trains are often just crappy. Trains in most other places are just better, except India.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Word of advice: NEVER do an auction on NFBC. What a total clusterfuck.
                            what was wrong with it? I was considering doing one while my family is out of town in a few weeks.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

3 hours? Man, living here in Cali ice gotten so use to driving. We'll drive 3 hours to go see some flowers I've read about our something.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                what was wrong with it? I was considering doing one while my family is out of town in a few weeks.
                                Ours was a total trainwreck. About every 8-10 players, bids would get backed up (I think) and result in the thing just timing out and giving the player to whoever had the bid in before the app froze. This happened repeatedly. There was some jackdick "moderator" there, supposedly, who paused the auction the first couple times this happened and rolled the player back. However, he just kind of disappeared for a while. People were punching "contact admin" over and over and by the time the dude actually bothered to show back up, he told everyone that the auction had progressed too far since the problem and he wouldn't roll things back. I guess if it was free it would have been tolerable, but it's $125. Oh and the clock is set for like 15 seconds so be really fucking quick on all your nominations and bids, assuming you can get them in at all. It was bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X