• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Getting beaten by experience, Slasher.
    Truer words never spoken.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Apparently the two libertarians arguing for corporate welfare gave me a real beating. Plus I lied and am responsible for quoting their bad numbers. What a couple of douche bags. Thats as nice as I can put it.
      RJ is a whole different experience when you make use of the ignore function.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        RJ is a whole different experience when you make use of the ignore function.
        Now you tell me
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Capitalism for Libertarians 101 now being taught in the sports bar
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Here's some morning music for y'all. You're very welcome.

I love that hole album
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I love that hole album
              That song jumped in my head this morning, couldn't think of the name ... went Hole hunting on Spotify ... then spent all afternoon listening to the record. One of the best of the entire 90's.

Comment

• Going to see Chvrches on Tuesday ... anyone into them?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Going to see Chvrches on Tuesday ... anyone into them?

i'd like to be, but I don't know how to pronounce there name
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    i'd like to be, but I don't know how to pronounce there name
                    Also I'm a quasi-libertarian who thinks that giving Amazon lots of money is pragmatic, but giving people health care is the same as killing people who wear glasses. It may seem weird, but it's just what I believe.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I love that hole album
                      One of the very best of the entire 1990s, imo.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• All right. I joined my own NFBC draft while I wait to see if the auction league fills up. It's a 12 team league for $50. I just got the 8th spot. So far we have:

1. Trout
                        2. Mookie
                        3. Jose Ramirez
                        4. Acuna
                        5. JD Martinez
                        6. Scherzer

If Arenado slides, I'm going to pick him. I guess I'll go with Trea Turner if not, but I don't really want to pick Turner very much.

Edit: I guess I could go with Yelich but I'm not that sold on him, honestly.

Edit 2: I'd be 100% fine with Arenado. I have reservations about every other 1st round potential, though.
                        Last edited by Bene Futuis; 02-17-2019, 09:00 PM.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• What are your Turner reservations?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            What are your Turner reservations?
                            Just minor quibbles, really. He's not really that great a hitter (compared to what you'd look for in a "normal" 1st rounder) is the biggest one and you're banking on SBs, which has always struck me as a very risky proposition from one year to the next. I just worry that guys who put up .700 OPS are more volatile than those who don't.

Dunno, really what it is, I think, is that I prefer players in fantasy in much the same way I prefer them in VDs --- I absolutely love the three true outcome guys with big OBPs and power and the like.

Comment

• I'd probably go Arenado or pitcher.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I badly misjudged how much work it would be to have my six-year-old have two friends sleep over. There is a lot of arguing that I have to settle. Also when those microwave popcorn bags say "open away from face and body" they mean it. Got a nice big jet of steam up my nose. That hurt more than I thought it would.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X