*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Back in college I could play for 3 hours on a dollar and leave 6 free games on the machine for whoever came along after me.
    I disagree

back in college we never left anything that was free.

Comment

• Here's some morning music for y'all. You're very welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Here's some morning music for y'all. You're very welcome.

this reminded me to go watch "Bitty"
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          this reminded me to go watch "Bitty"
          That might be a different category of movie.

... always liked the line, "like a liar at a witch trial, you look good for your age"

Comment

• The harsh thing is that our libertarians here are actually representative of the ideology as a whole.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              The harsh thing is that our libertarians here are actually representative of the ideology as a whole.
              Confession, growing up I bought into the whole libertarian thing. Somewhere along the way I figured it out. But how can someone be a libertarian and support a government giving huge corporations billions of dollars ? Isn't that the exact opposite of libertarianism ?
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Confession, growing up I bought into the whole libertarian thing. Somewhere along the way I figured it out. But how can someone be a libertarian and support a government giving huge corporations billions of dollars ? Isn't that the exact opposite of libertarianism ?
                I just love the pivot from libertarianism to practicality. Classic.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I have very little respect for far-right ideologies in general but libertarianism strikes me as particularly and uniquely naive. Fortunately, it generates about as much serious consideration as it deserves --- that is, not much.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I have very little respect for far-right ideologies in general but libertarianism strikes me as particularly and uniquely naive. Fortunately, it generates about as much serious consideration as it deserves --- that is, not much.
                    that's a good reminder to bail on the thread I was posting in.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• As for Bezos' shameless cash grab, here's something stolen from elsewhere that sums up my take on the situation:

"So, you made $11 BILLION last year, right?"
                      Bezos: "Yep"
                      "And you paid no taxes on that $11 BILLION, right?"
                      Bezos: "That's right."
                      "So now you're going to use that money to create a $3 billion new headquarters, eh?"
                      "So go ahead and do it!"
                      Bezos: "We need taxpayer money to do that."

Comment

As for Bezos' shameless cash grab, here's something stolen from elsewhere that sums up my take on the situation:

"So, you made $11 BILLION last year, right?"
                        "And you paid no taxes on that $11 BILLION, right?"
                        Bezos: "That's right."
                        "So now you're going to use that money to create a $3 billion new headquarters, eh?"
                        "So go ahead and do it!"
                        Bezos: "We need taxpayer money to do that."
                        Libertarians defending huge corporations extorting money from the government is the stupidest thing my small brain can even imagine. Yet here we are.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Libertarians defending huge corporations extorting money from the government is the stupidest thing my small brain can even imagine. Yet here we are.
                          Think it is time for me to pull the plug on that conversation. Ultimately they just don't like providing money to people who need it and want to give it to corporations. And then try to wrap it in a libertarian package.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The harsh thing is that our libertarians here are actually representative of the ideology as a whole.
                            The major difference being that some other libertarians can actually make the argument for their foolish ideology without immediately exposing themselves as fools.

Comment

The major difference being that some other libertarians can actually make the argument for their foolish ideology without immediately exposing themselves as fools.
                              Apparently the two libertarians arguing for corporate welfare gave me a real beating. Plus I lied and am responsible for quoting their bad numbers. What a couple of douche bags. Thats as nice as I can put it.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Apparently the two libertarians arguing for corporate welfare gave me a real beating. Plus I lied and am responsible for quoting their bad numbers. What a couple of douche bags. Thats as nice as I can put it.
                                Getting beaten by experience, Slasher.

Comment

Working...
                                X