*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    arrive 4/23 I think, come back Sunday 4/28 if I recall. Can you bring the lemonade ?
    let me know if you're actually in the city, especially if you go play pinball or if you want a free lunch during the week.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Did we have a minimum number of appearance per season to be an eligible year, I don't think so right? We kept that simple I believe.
      I don't remember. I should have documentation on my old computer. Will dig it up when I get a chance. Maybe Monday.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
        let me know if you're actually in the city, especially if you go play pinball or if you want a free lunch during the week.
        I'm an engineer, of course I'm down for a free lunch. Don't have details yet, but really would like to meet up.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Maybe over a game of pinball ? It's popular with the VD crowd
          I sucked at pinball as a teenager. Haven't played since. May be deeply scarred by my inadequacy.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            I sucked at pinball as a teenager. Haven't played since. May be deeply scarred by my inadequacy.
            I've heard that deaf, dumb blind kids can even do it ??? Very strange
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Ken, you said something about working at Bb-Ref being a dream job. If that's a serious interest, I know Sean Forman and would be happy to recommend you.

Comment

I've heard that deaf, dumb blind kids can even do it ??? Very strange
                Deaf, maybe blind, lacking fingers? Probably.

Comment

arrive 4/23 I think, come back Sunday 4/28 if I recall. Can you bring the lemonade ?
                  looks like the Yankees are in town that weekend. Are giants tickets reasonable or do they sell out and cost a bajillion dollars ?
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

looks like the Yankees are in town that weekend. Are giants tickets reasonable or do they sell out and cost a bajillion dollars ?
                    this reminded me of my trip to Candlestick....Juan Samuel hit two homers. Sat right behind the Phillies bullpen and listened to Darren Daulton all night. Really cold though
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm going to guess those games sell out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I'm going to guess those games sell out.
                        yeah, that's what I was thinking. Damn Yankees. Plus it's April while optimism still lives. Actually have no idea what the Giants look like this year.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

this reminded me of my trip to Candlestick....Juan Samuel hit two homers. Sat right behind the Phillies bullpen and listened to Darren Daulton all night. Really cold though
                          I went to two games at Candlestick when I lived in Fremont. One was incredibly cold, and I don't remember much else about it other than that we sat in the LF stands behind Barry Bonds. But the second game it was sunny and we sat in the bleachers in RF and watched Greg Maddux pitch five no-hit innings to start the game.

Comment

yeah, that's what I was thinking. Damn Yankees. Plus it's April while optimism still lives. Actually have no idea what the Giants look like this year.
                            The good thing about having a crappy team is you can get cheap tickets. I paid 10 bucks and sat 10 rows behind home plate a few years ago to watch Johann Santana in his prime. It would be nice if the Mariners were competitive again though.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by the feral slasher View Post
                              the good thing about having a crappy team is you can get cheap tickets. I paid 10 bucks and sat 10 rows behind home plate a few years ago to watch johann santana in his prime. It would be nice if the mariners were competitive again though.
                              elo test ha ha
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Heye, if we get there when it opens we can play for 10 hours for 20 bucks. Actually I have only played like 5 games of pinball in the last 30 years or so. But it would be fun
                                Back in college I could play for 3 hours on a dollar and leave 6 free games on the machine for whoever came along after me.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X