No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to Controller Scott Jacobs Jingleheimer Schmidt. Well done!
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Can anyone recall the exact eligibility for franchises? Off the top of my head it was a minimum 5 years with a franchise to be eligible, or the franchise with the highest number of years.

So a player with 5 years with one team and 7 with another would be eligible for both franchises.

A player without 5 years at a single franchise would be assigned the franchise he played for the most.

And if a player only played 2 seasons, and played for a different team each tear,, he'd be eligible for both franchises.

Comment

• Did we have a minimum number of appearance per season to be an eligible year, I don't think so right? We kept that simple I believe.

Comment

• Does any of that seem familiar?

Comment

• Congratulations, CJ, Johnny and El Bene. This was a very difficult but fun draft. Wish I could have taken back a couple of picks - I started strong and may have competed but made a couple of crucial errors in the middle. Looking forward to the next one!

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              Congratulations, CJ, Johnny and El Bene. This was a very difficult but fun draft. Wish I could have taken back a couple of picks - I started strong and may have competed but made a couple of crucial errors in the middle. Looking forward to the next one!
              You were in the ballpark when I first made basic projections, and never that far off.

Comment

• Dang, they talk an awful lot about Paul Sporer over at NFBC. Those of us in the Idle Hands league can harken back to a time when we were in a league with a legend. If I recall, he gave Feral Slasher some shit for trading for the #1 pick that would become Corey Seager. I can't remember who you traded, though.....Starling Marte maybe?
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Dang, they talk an awful lot about Paul Sporer over at NFBC. Those of us in the Idle Hands league can harken back to a time when we were in a league with a legend. If I recall, he gave Feral Slasher some shit for trading for the #1 pick that would become Corey Seager. I can't remember who you traded, though.....Starling Marte maybe?
                  Lol. Great memory. I traded Marte for the number one pick, which became Seager. Also traded for a few other rookie picks. And he then posted some whiny post implying I was really stupid. Ha. I think we have the rookie draft posted here on RJ, I'll dig it up and I think history will show I did ok.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Lol. Great memory. I traded Marte for the number one pick, which became Seager. Also traded for a few other rookie picks. And he then posted some whiny post implying I was really stupid. Ha. I think we have the rookie draft posted here on RJ, I'll dig it up and I think history will show I did ok.
                    I disagree

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Found the list. I struck out on a few, but Seager, Nola, Severino, Mazara would not have been a bad group for the last several years.

1 1 Scissors: Corey Seager, Dodgers

1 2 Gaunt: JP Crawford, Phillies
                      1 3 Chalupa: Lucas Giolito, Nationals
                      1 4 Lost: Julio Urias, Dodgers
                      1 5 Friar: Tyler Glasnow - P - PIT
                      1 6 Friends: Yoan Moncada, 2B, Bos
                      1 7 Mono: Hector Olivera, 2B LAD
                      1 8 HH: Alex Reyes, P, StL
                      1 9 Gaunt: Trea Turner, SS Was
                      1 10 Gaunt: Michael Conforto, OF NYM
                      1 11 Beagz: Jose Berrios, P, Min
                      1 12 Poovey: Alex Bregman, SS Hou
                      1 13 Scissors: Luis Severino, P, Yankees
                      1 14 Scissors: Aaron Nola, P, Phillies
                      1 15 Scissors: Bradley Zimmer, OF, Cleveland
                      1 16 Scissors: Jose De Leon, P, Dodgers
                      2 17 Scissors: Nomar Mazara, OF, Rangers
                      2 18 Scissors: Brett Phillips, OF, Hou
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Damn there are some nice rookies in that list. What idiot drafted Oliveras, though, I wonder?
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Damn there are some nice rookies in that list. What idiot drafted Oliveras, though, I wonder?
                          We drafted mid-year with the entire milb undrafted to that point. So there was a lot of talent available.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Damn there are some nice rookies in that list. What idiot drafted Oliveras, though, I wonder?
                            that one kind of sticks out now, doesn't it. At least the league was short lived so you didn't have to regret it for long.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 2nd to last woo hoo, like I said I have no clue what I am doing.

Congrats on the first win CJ I and a few others continue to chase winning one of these darn things.

And Ken if you check here first we need your thoughts on the first pick and a cell phone number over PM for a group text on the NFBC draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Code:
                                x	Team      	CH	CP	BYH	BYP	Multi	Place
                                .01	Controller_	45.4	45.9	47.0	46.6	184.877	1
                                .02	DMT_____	31.3	48.8	37.9	45.2	163.204	9
                                .03	JohnnyA__	48.3	40.1	55.0	40.1	183.415	2
                                .04	Frae______	26.4	38.1	41.0	40.8	146.275	13
                                .05	El Bene___	46.9	38.8	45.1	50.3	181.083	3
                                .06	Ken______	37.3	43.0	42.1	45.2	167.509	6
                                .07	TS Garp__	49.2	42.9	46.1	39.2	177.486	5
                                .08	Heyelander	44.9	36.1	41.5	40.7	163.211	8
                                .09	Revo_____	47.8	43.0	37.2	38.0	166.067	7
                                .10	Feral Slash	40.4	51.0	39.0	47.5	177.998	4
                                .11	KS_______	36.8	39.6	41.7	44.0	162.026	10
                                .12	Hacko____	44.6	42.1	38.0	31.8	156.580	12
                                .13	mjl_______	47.7	37.7	35.5	37.6	158.456	11
                                Found an input error on my side with Bill Freehan's BY
                                Can you or someone stick this on the first post of the draft thread or history thread or somewhere accessible for posterity's sake?

Comment

Working...
                                X