No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glancing at the forums, the football topic about Belichick is cut off to "Bill Belichick's place in..." The only appropriate word that should follow is "hell".
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• It's like when Revo posted a thread called something like "___ing while black." My brain reads it as "fucking while black" every single time.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        It's like when Revo posted a thread called something like "___ing while black." My brain reads it as "fucking while black" every single time.
        Likewise.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Yeah I see ____ing as #^$%ing, only a couple ways to go with that
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Likewise.
            Have you ever seen the edited video of the Count from Sesame Street?

Comment

• More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                I think I've gotten up before heye has gone to bed the majority of the last month (3 hour time diff + ~4:30 am average wake time)
                No doubt!
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Taking an 1870's hitter and a 1920's pitcher back-to-back: not fun.

Comment

• I see four legitimate contenders for the crown in this draft. Sadly my team is not one of them.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      I see four legitimate contenders for the crown in this draft. Sadly my team is not one of them.
                      I see three --- I wonder who you got that I ain't be gottin'.

Comment

• The worst thing about it is I'm not really sure where I went wrong. Yes, I can point to some individual mistakes I made. But from a strategy standpoint this draft seems to have gotten away from me, and I'm not really sure how it happened.

I know I wasn't prepared for Johnny's punting strategy to actually work, but that doesn't explain how I'm getting beaten handily by three other teams that aren't punting anything (as far as I can tell).

Comment

• This has been the toughest vintage draft I can remember. Just seems like the picks have been really good across the board but also hard to predict at times, which makes for a tough combo. Ken did a good job in his first draft but has really taken a step forward in this one.

Comment

• I'm going to end up fourth or fifth-ish in hitting, which is what I thought I could do. But the crime is that I took all that pitching early and I'm going to end up around 9th-best in pitching. Not sure how that happened.

Edit: Never mind. I have that backwards. Fourth or fifth in pitching, and ninth in hitting. Just got killed by not taking more and better hitters early. And didn't dominate enough in pitching to make it worthwhile. I think I've drafted pretty well the last ten rounds or so, but I was in too deep of a hole at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              This has been the toughest vintage draft I can remember. Just seems like the picks have been really good across the board but also hard to predict at times, which makes for a tough combo. Ken did a good job in his first draft but has really taken a step forward in this one.
                              Definitely. Picks that I thought would last a few rounds always seemed to go right after I picked, and I always felt like I was playing catch up with the leftovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                                Ken did a good job in his first draft but has really taken a step forward in this one.
                                Thanks!! It took me a little while to figure out the plan, but it's starting to come into focus now.

Comment

Working...
                                X