*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytime miasma brings lessons
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Distress makes brainwaves linger
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Doors may be locked?

Comment

• Desultory muse banishes lines

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Desultory muse banishes lines
            Good description of Muse's last 3 albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Damn my bedtime length
              Duration makes being lethargic
              Dozing my best life
              Dreading my boring lists
              Detailing many banal labors
              Dreaming making bank liquid
              Putting all of these in one post instead of puffing up the post total of this thread? Disgraceful.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Good description of Muse's last 3 albums.
                What was that one guy --- the racist who used to post here about Michelle Obama calling people whitey or something? He loved Muse and often referred to how they adhered to his psychotic anti-globalist, Trumpian, Steve Bannon-esque belief system. Edit: I remembered - it was SharpTalons. I thought Feral Slasher was him for a quick while there.

That ruined that band for me. Well, plus their music.
                Last edited by Bene Futuis; 02-05-2019, 05:57 PM.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Diablo? Meh. Bene? Lovely!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    What was that one guy --- the racist who used to post here about Michelle Obama calling people whitey or something? He loved Muse and often referred to how they adhered to his psychotic anti-globalist, Trumpian, Steve Bannon-esque belief system. Edit: I remembered - it was SharpTalons. I thought Feral Slasher was him for a quick while there.

That ruined that band for me. Well, plus their music.
                    Anti-Globalist maybe, the rest no. There are many shades of anti-globalism.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Anti-Globalist maybe, the rest no. There are many shades of anti-globalism.
                      Ha, a quick Google search turns up the concept of right wing extremists trying to use Muse's songs. Apparently Glen Beck loved the band and tried to use their songs to promote whatever crazy ass stupid-as-fuck right wing conspiracy du jour. The band told him (and other right wing conspiracists) to fuck off.

Comment

• "In the US the conspiracy theory subculture has been hijacked by the right to try to take down people like Obama and put forward rightwing libertarianism," Bellamy said. Defining himself as "a left-leaning libertarian – more in the realm of Noam Chomsky," he added: "Uprising was requested by so many politicians in America for use in their rallies and we turned them down on a regular basis."

Comment

• Speaking of music, I have an awful, awful confession to make. It's so shameful that I fear reprisal if I even let it out into the world.

There is a Creed song that I like.

Comment

• We are getting a new puppy. Apparently he already has a name - Gus - but that hasn't stopped me from trying to figure out an awesome, new name for him. Any thoughts from the VD crowd?

Comment

• I suggested Thundarr but the wife appears lukewarm at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                We are getting a new puppy. Apparently he already has a name - Gus - but that hasn't stopped me from trying to figure out an awesome, new name for him. Any thoughts from the VD crowd?
                                DuMBLe
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X