*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Do like Miguel Vargas and see how often you can reach base without swinging.
    Those things don't have bases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

as far as you know
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

as far as you know
        so 17 miles?

Comment

This thread represents all that's good and holy about Rotojunkie.
          well, that's just,like...one man's opinion
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

mermaids are underrated builders. Not like those slacker Mermen.
            ethel?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

ethel?
              Ethel Merman's Mormon Mermen
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

so 17 miles?
                Lose yourself in the baseball, the moment, you own it

Comment

• Cripes, how do we add photos from the interwebs now?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Cripes, how do we add photos from the interwebs now?
                    You can still do it by manually putting the hyperlink between img tags

[ img ] http://yourimage.com/image.png [ /img ]

without the spaces in the tags

Comment

Comment

mermaids are underrated builders. Not like those slacker Mermen.
                        You know who are really good builders? The fuckin' Amish!

Comment

• And the best of both worlds....Amish mermaids

Comment

And the best of all worlds....Amish mermaids

fixed
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You should do it.

And congratulations on making it 1/80 of the way to a million poasts.
                              So I took Step 1 and drove to the batting cage today. I was really curious and a bit concerned how it might go. I started wearing glasses occasionally a few years ago, my vision used to be 20/13, but not so sharp now. So I'm wondering...should I be wearing glasses ? Nope, I went in naked, ha ha. I went straight to "slow baseball" stall where it was apparently 45mph. I was all over that shit. It's like riding a bike, lol. 20 swings was more tiring than expected though, i was not quite gasping for breath after the last pitch.

So I moved on to the "baseball medium" speed. their (I assume that is the right pronouns, lol) 60 mph heater was still no match for the Slasher. Didn't swing and miss at all, but did foul off about a third of the pitches. Made good contact on about a third (liners, low fly balls) and grounded about a third of them. So it was pretty encouraging and a lot of fun for the 3 dollars I spent !

Injury report- went in with a stiff neck, didn't aggravate it too much, no IL stint required.

Next step - clean the garage and try to find my glove for tryouts tomorrow (or a week from tomorrow if I can't find a glove)
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So I took Step 1 and drove to the batting cage today. I was really curious and a bit concerned how it might go. I started wearing glasses occasionally a few years ago, my vision used to be 20/13, but not so sharp now. So I'm wondering...should I be wearing glasses ? Nope, I went in naked, ha ha. I went straight to "slow baseball" stall where it was apparently 45mph. I was all over that shit. It's like riding a bike, lol. 20 swings was more tiring than expected though, i was not quite gasping for breath after the last pitch.

So I moved on to the "baseball medium" speed. their (I assume that is the right pronouns, lol) 60 mph heater was still no match for the Slasher. Didn't swing and miss at all, but did foul off about a third of the pitches. Made good contact on about a third (liners, low fly balls) and grounded about a third of them. So it was pretty encouraging and a lot of fun for the 3 dollars I spent !

Injury report- went in with a stiff neck, didn't aggravate it too much, no IL stint required.

Next step - clean the garage and try to find my glove for tryouts tomorrow (or a week from tomorrow if I can't find a glove)
                                found a baseball glove, it's a pretty nice Rawlings...but kinda small, might have been for one of my kids. also found all the baseball bats from my childhood, taking them to goodwill tomorrow. Lots of good memories from playing BB as a kid. The Jeff Burroughs H&B was great back in the day, but not sure a 30 inch bat will do the job.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X