*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Juan Soto hitting .226. Where the hell is Mith to call him out?
    Down to .222. We need you Mith.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If it helps Juan Soto, yes !
      It's not my job to help Juan Soto .
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        It's not my job to help Juan Soto .
        Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread apparently
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Just visited Yosemite and Tahoe....Placer County was all I expected and more !
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Yosemite might be my favorite place on earth.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I haven't been there since 1997.

Comment

• Hiked almost to the top of Half Dome. Have I shared that story here already? Seems like maybe I have.

Comment

Yosemite might be my favorite place on earth.
                  it was super cool ! I've been to almost all the big National Parks, never been to Yosemite before. Due to family schedule changes we only were able to spend about an hour and a half in the valley. It was amazing, reminded me of Zion in some ways. We drove thru from Tioga Pass which is 9950 feet and it was cloudy, drizzly and nasty. But a beautiful 2 hour drive to get to Yosemite Valley. It was perfect weather there, but late in the day so no time for hiking or relaxing. Just happy to see it after all these years.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Hiked almost to the top of Half Dome. Have I shared that story here already? Seems like maybe I have.
                    Half way to the top ? That is the standard here. I don't recall your story
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just visited Yosemite and Tahoe....Placer County was all I expected and more !
                      Trukee is actually in Nevada county. But you were close.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

it was super cool ! I've been to almost all the big National Parks, never been to Yosemite before. Due to family schedule changes we only were able to spend about an hour and a half in the valley. It was amazing, reminded me of Zion in some ways. We drove thru from Tioga Pass which is 9950 feet and it was cloudy, drizzly and nasty. But a beautiful 2 hour drive to get to Yosemite Valley. It was perfect weather there, but late in the day so no time for hiking or relaxing. Just happy to see it after all these years.
                        I imagine the waterfalls were flowing. This is the best time of year to go. Things dry up to a trickle by later in the summer.

Comment

Half way to the top ? That is the standard here. I don't recall your story
                          I made it to where the red X is on the photo:

At that time, they did not have the cables and wood steps set up the way they do now. They did have one steel cable lying on the rock. I was dead tired from hiking through snow to the peak, and I was scared that if I slipped I was going to end up on the valley floor a few thousand feet below, so I stopped there.

I was hiking with two friends. One of them went to the top and two of us chickened out and stopped at the red X on the photo. Pretty soon after we chickened out, a 20-something blonde northern European girl came up hiking up and went right up the cables, shaming us both.

It was an amazing hike. You start out by hiking up past Vernal Falls and Nevada Falls, and then you leave the river and go around the back side of Half Dome to climb to the top. Would definitely do again. Would probably chicken out at the same place.

Comment

• Apparently they now require permits to hike Half Dome? This pic is crazy to me. When we hiked it I think my two friends and I and the European girl were the only hikers up there. I think we maybe met one other small group coming down the mountain as we were on the way up. But it was nothing like this.

Comment

• I went up to about where the guy with the blue backpack is, about half way up the line. At that point the granite gets steeper and I decided I would rather continue to live and descended back to where the guy with the red backpack is standing.

Comment

I went up to about where the guy with the blue backpack is, about half way up the line. At that point the granite gets steeper and I decided I would rather continue to live and descended back to where the guy with the red backpack is standing.
                                my brother did that hike a number of years ago. He and my cousin made it to the top.

Obviously not RJ material, the two of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X