*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvador Perez just went for $37
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Maybe it’s a NY homer league. Also only five catchers out of ~180 players kept creates a big catcher need. I’m guessing I’m going to have two pretty scrubby catchers.
      I think I'm going to like several of the $1 catchers that end up going in this auction more than Gary Sanchez, and that's without the extra $15

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I think I'm going to like several of the $1 catchers that end up going in this auction more than Gary Sanchez, and that's without the extra $15
        I'm budgeting $6-10 for catchers, I guess. Targeting Sean Murphy and Alejandro Kirk. Not sure I'll be able to land those two, though, with the way prices have been going. I was thinking I might throw out Yasmani Grandal or Varsho to try to get some money off the table but now I'm thinking I'm just going to ride out catchers as long as I can and see who I can sneak in there for a buck or two or three or four.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I'm so used to inflationary prices being so out of control that it's making me want to purchase every stud under $40, which is most of them. I can't see how I don't come out of this with stars and scrubs. So long as I budget $2-3 instead of dollar days for the last few guys I should be good.

Comment

• Landed Bryce Harper for $40, which I'm stoked about. League seems to ignore inflation and not overpay for anyone.

Comment

Landed Bryce Harper for $40, which I'm stoked about. League seems to ignore inflation and not overpay for anyone.
              inflation? Isn't this a new league?

Comment

inflation? Isn't this a new league?
                No. 15 major league keepers and tons of $5 minor leaguers.

Comment

No. 15 major league keepers and tons of $5 minor leaguers.
                  ah, gotcha. Yeah I agree there should be significant inflation.

Comment

• My only purchases so far are Harper $40, Tim Anderson $29, and Alex Bregman $17. Also looks, shockingly, like I might get the first crickets call on a $1 Miles Straw. I mean, I'll take it, even though I don't really need the SBs particularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      But maybe that's just me.
                      It is just you
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

As it turns out, I have people very dear to me who love ranch dressing, as unbelievable as that sounds. I have had to revise my harsh stance.
                        I hope this is not too great a burden for you. Johñny Dickshot approves compassion for ranch dressing lovers. They know not what they do.
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          It is just you
                          I feel so alone now .
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I hope this is not too great a burden for you. Johñny Dickshot approves compassion for ranch dressing lovers. They know not what they do.
                            Congratulations on the eñe
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

My only purchases so far are Harper $40, Tim Anderson $29, and Alex Bregman $17. Also looks, shockingly, like I might get the first crickets call on a $1 Miles Straw. I mean, I'll take it, even though I don't really need the SBs particularly.
                              I still remember our field coordinator Paul Runge advocating strongly for Miles Straw in the draft room. He loved that guy, especially his speed and defense. He's turned out pretty good for a twelfth-round pick.

Comment

ah, gotcha. Yeah I agree there should be significant inflation.
                                That's why the Fed is raising interest rates.

Comment

Working...
                                X