Does Santa come to your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Santa come to your house?

Santa has been coming to our house for many years. This may be our last year for awhile.

We are all going as a Family to take our 7 year old Grandson to see Santa tonight. No other grand kids on the horizon. It may be awhile until he comes again. It has been a great run.

How about you?

Santa- the fat guy in a red suit. Has a big white beard. Leaves gifts. You know Santa.

Not a hard question. Or is this some sort of sore subject that needs to be move to the Hot Topics section?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Santa- the fat guy in a red suit. Has a big white beard. Leaves gifts. You know Santa.

Not a hard question. Or is this some sort of sore subject that needs to be move to the Hot Topics section?
      We're talking our girls (six and almost eight) on the Polar Express tonight... they mailed their letters a few days ago.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        We're talking our girls (six and almost eight) on the Polar Express tonight... they mailed their letters a few days ago.
        We did that last week (ages 7 and 9) and they loved it. It's really pricey, so hope they don't expect it again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
          We did that last week (ages 7 and 9) and they loved it. It's really pricey, so hope they don't expect it again next year.
          This is our 2nd time (went two years ago), but I'm guessing a bit more reasonably priced in AZ.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

No, because we're Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas.

Comment

The kids are scattered across the country so Santa is now hit and miss. Have a great grand kid at my house this year so Santa will be here for the first time in 3 years.

My son and his wife have two kids, age 3 & 1, and aren't introducing them to Santa. Not sure it is wrong but I just feel the kids are missing some of the Christmas magic.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                No, because we're Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas.
                A couple friends in the office are Hindu and Muslim and they celebrate the "Santa" Christmas more than most. Christmas lights and trees and Santa/etc. It's more cultural than religious these days.

Comment

Santa is your parents
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    Santa is your parents
                    No he is not. And you are getting coal.

Comment

Do you mean does he literally show up at the house?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        As far as I know, he does. Every year I find presents under the tree on Christmas morning and goodies in my stocking.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          A couple friends in the office are Hindu and Muslim and they celebrate the "Santa" Christmas more than most. Christmas lights and trees and Santa/etc. It's more cultural than religious these days.
                          Agreed. My wife was raised Hindu and didn't celebrate, but she goes along and participates in other Christmas-y things like gift exchanges so whenever I get the slightest pushback from her I tell her to zip it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Santa always came to our house but we never saw him. He just ate the cookies, drank the milk and left the gifts. But one year he came to my Grandma's house when we were over there celebrating Christmas Eve. It was awesome. I think I was 4 or 5 years old.

My daughters have had the pleasure of seeing him face to face twice. The very unusual back to back years. He was more careful after that.

About 10 years ago we were at my Sister's house and He showed up for my nephew.

I am pretty sure we won't be catching him this year, but we will drive around looking at lights and see if we get a glimpse of him before we go to my sisters house after church. I have it on good authority that my Grandson will not have to wait until morning to get his gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Agreed. My wife was raised Hindu and didn't celebrate, but she goes along and participates in other Christmas-y things like gift exchanges so whenever I get the slightest pushback from her I tell her to zip it.
                              I'm not Christian although my wife and kids are, and I've made my house the most decorated house on the street every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X