i am going to eat a can of beefaroni that expired in 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am going to eat a can of beefaroni that expired in 2014

i finally cleaned my house. i am at like 50 30 gallon trash bags so far and counting. i have them stacked behind my house. i think i caught a cold putting them out there at night. i found tons of cans of tuna fish too that expired 4-5 years ago. i threw out a can of sardines though. i once ate a can of military pea soup i found that was over 10 years old. it was really good.

the way i figure it, in those resident evil movies after the zombies took over, the survivors were eating cans of food they found. you know where the guy would shake it after the label fell off and guess what was inside before handing it out. at worse i am thinking it will give me bad gas. plus i like beefaroni.

uumm a couple of things:

First the resident evil is not real.

If you are hungry and have no money, go to a local church food pantry, they should have fresh beefaroni.

If you don't want to do that make sure it passes the smell test before cooking.

Comment

Umbrella Corp hates beefaroni
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        uumm a couple of things:

First the resident evil is not real.

If you are hungry and have no money, go to a local church food pantry, they should have fresh beefaroni.

If you don't want to do that make sure it passes the smell test before cooking.
        not out of need. i just think expiration dates on canned goods are bullshit, most of the time. i did surprising find one can of something one time that was gone. ..it's weird when i was a kid i got car sick all the time, and i puke if i go on amusement rides, but when it comes to food i can eat anything and not blink an eye. except for squash, that makes me gag.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          not out of need. i just think expiration dates on canned goods are bullshit, most of the time. i did surprising find one can of something one time that was gone. ..it's weird when i was a kid i got car sick all the time, and i puke if i go on amusement rides, but when it comes to food i can eat anything and not blink an eye. except for squash, that makes me gag.
          I was always told that if an unopened can of food had a bulge in it, throw it out. It will make you sick. I have only seen one can like that. I threw it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I was always told that if an unopened can of food had a bulge in it, throw it out. It will make you sick. I have only seen one can like that. I threw it out.
            it probably has botulism, so save it to throw at the home of your enemies
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Has nullnor posted at all today? Maybe the beefaroni did him in.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                Has nullnor posted at all today? Maybe the beefaroni did him in.
                I havent seen one - Doubt he's dead, but I bet he is really sweaty!
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Is there a link to the livestream?
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I tracked one down ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Without further comment.
                      The FoodKeeper can help consumers use food while at peak quality and reduce waste and understand food and beverages storage.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

i forgot all about botulism. well this has been educational for me. i inspected the can for any dents or defects and took 3 bites. tasted kind of metal. plus it's not the good kind of beefaroni. it's the small (pasty) not the big kind. i always just eat things out of the can without cooking. list of unheated can food i eat include those $2 beef stew, spaghettios and meatballs, big beefaroni, clam chowder (depends on kind) corn chowder, pork and beans, corned beef hash, most kinds of canned soup although i think progresso is out of their fucking minds pricewise. so i only made it to three bites. im definitely eating those 2017 corn and clam chowders. i don't know about the 2015 tunafish tho... who knew there was actually a good reason not to buy or eat cans that are dented.

another concern is if something does have botulism, you don't want to open it up and throw it out since animals may eat it. although you'd think they'd have a 6th sense about something like that. what's going on right now with progresso soup is a sign of nepotism. if you noticed they changed their labels. and the new pictures on the labels suck. the old one you could clearly see kernels of corn, chucks of meat and what ever else was supposed to be in the can. the new labels look generic and the same. you see a change that stupid you can only surmise that some family member that doesn't know what they are doing took over marketing.

anyways, small beefaroni sucks. i can't believe it tasted like metal.

Comment

RJ breathes a collective sigh of relief.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            i forgot all about botulism. well this has been educational for me. i inspected the can for any dents or defects and took 3 bites. tasted kind of metal. plus it's not the good kind of beefaroni. it's the small (pasty) not the big kind. i always just eat things out of the can without cooking. list of unheated can food i eat include those $2 beef stew, spaghettios and meatballs, big beefaroni, clam chowder (depends on kind) corn chowder, pork and beans, corned beef hash, most kinds of canned soup although i think progresso is out of their fucking minds pricewise. so i only made it to three bites. im definitely eating those 2017 corn and clam chowders. i don't know about the 2015 tunafish tho... who knew there was actually a good reason not to buy or eat cans that are dented.

another concern is if something does have botulism, you don't want to open it up and throw it out since animals may eat it. although you'd think they'd have a 6th sense about something like that. what's going on right now with progresso soup is a sign of nepotism. if you noticed they changed their labels. and the new pictures on the labels suck. the old one you could clearly see kernels of corn, chucks of meat and what ever else was supposed to be in the can. the new labels look generic and the same. you see a change that stupid you can only surmise that some family member that doesn't know what they are doing took over marketing.

anyways, small beefaroni sucks. i can't believe it tasted like metal.
                            put it on a plate son, you'll enjoy it more

Comment

And so the most metal rj moment if 2018, both literally and figuratively, comes to a satisfying conclusion
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                              X