Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Romanes eunt domas
    that would be domus...Romanes eunt domus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Who said you would? We're talking about me here.
      Ah...apparently I am the domass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Romanes eunt domus.
        What's that even supposed to mean?

Comment

Romans eat donuts. Donuts make breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Romans eat donuts. Donuts make breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
            Doh. My bad.

Later!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              that would be domus...Romanes eunt domus.
              *grabsgreggbytheear*

"Vocative plural of "Romanus" is?"

Comment

*grabsgreggbytheear*

Don't mar Brian's Life.

Comment

Romans go home.

Comment

*grabsgreggbytheear*

Quia non recordabor

Comment

i had no idea but the dresser belonged to the french Canadian guy who was helping me. i should've known because someone bought button handles for it but it was all stripped and everyone was in throw out mode. apparently his wife and him spent a lot of time stripping paint on it or something. when i came home from school today him and his partner were here working and acting weird. i gathered them and told him thanks for all the help but found out about who the dresser belonged too.

i actually broke everyone's hearts with that mistaken act. the best thing i could do was give him my most prized possession, a $500 solo german made backpack leaf blower.

i am going to meet the RV guy tomorrow and he's going to follow me and drive to my house. it's an incredibly long story right now. so much has happened that, i can even make friends with him i guess, having story's to exchange. i don't actually have any RL friends, so..i don't really like him yet though. it's been a long time since i made friends.

what can i say? if you guy's want to read walls of text of incredible life stuff. everything is almost more than i can put into words... i sat in my car in the driveway for a few hours drinking beers and the revelations wouldn't stop.

i've been here before tho. it's ok as long as everything makes sense.

i can tell you one thing, i try to never lose sight of the most important question i have, why is the universe here. and it's times and moments like these where life gets intense that you realize you're watching everything interact with each other. and it gives itself some kind of gentle meaning.

Comment

i blame the kids at school. they have so much swagger it somehow rubbed off on me. heh

Comment

the funny thing is that cat. he's seen everything. 6 years ago to now. he was even trying to warn me this was going to happen. that's what it's like to be a cat. and the beauty of it is, cats don't get heartbroken. that's why they are cats.

Comment

big day i got the vehicle. now that i look closer and see it drive and everything, it's in perfect shape. it's amazing. you can even see the original paint underneath it. the motor was rebuilt in 1999 for $2,700 and it had 72k at the time. it has 80k now. someone took car of this vehicle. it runs like it just was installed yesterday. i've had many muscle cars. i had a 78 grand prix with a 455 (blew the motor in that one shortly after putting in a rear end myself), a 1974 amc javelin with a 1971 360 engine, and a 1980 ford van with a 460. i feel like i went back in time. i know what these engines sound like. this vehicle is a cross between my javelin and van. the motor has an edelbrock carb so it's a little after market. my javelin engine was all after market, cams etc.. i didn't take care of that car. i also had a dodge dart with a 318 for a shot time. that car almost killed me. it had no weight. i could do donuts with 6 people in the car. they would be smooshed against the window with smoke pouring out.

rv's can look small sometimes depending on the situation. driving down the road it didn't look that big, but parked in my driveway in front of my little 700 ft house it looks big! the landlord called and asked if i was moving out. i called and left a message saying i might have done something impulsive. and it depends on how long i can keep it in the driveway.

when i came home i found almost everything i own outside under a small tarp against the front of the house and the french Canadian guy and his partner put plywood over all the floor except for the small room i am sleeping.
                            so i was surprised to see my stuff outside.

i made friends with the 40 year old guy that sold me the rv. we got stoned a few times. i tried tab or something for the first time. it was like smoking a joint but only one hit. i have 4 vehicles in my yard lol. he's going to take a 1992 volvo that i have which is in pretty good shape. that car was a money pit. i spent like 3k + on that car the last 6 years. the previous owner had it his whole life and garaged it. but still.. it's a 1992 volvo. he didn't want my 2001 honda insight that i have had rusting the last 6 years so i will give it to a junkyard or mechanic. actually rusting is the wrong word since it has an aluminum frame. the back window has been broken for years after a tree branch broke it. but i had it covered sort of. the interior has actually held up well. but there's mold probably and mice love to eat wires, especially on hybrids. i was actually panning on fixing it someday but that could've been ambitious.

and i have a fucking midterm tomorrow. i definitely made friends with this guy,. i don't really know his situation though. he has a GF and young baby but they can stay at his parents house but he can't apparently. so it's like Sam in game of thrones. i actually have an extra room at my house and if i stay a little while before leaving i may be able to offer him shelter. and learn more about the rv. he wants to go to the school i am going to and the next opportunity is in april. if he did that we'd actually go to school together. he is smarter than me. and i never make friends in RL. also, he doesn't want to see his awesome rv go, so he want's to stay in touch with me possibly for that too. also, it seemed more appealing to him to seel the rv to someone like him that was probably going to live in it as opposed to some family that would only camp once in a while.

it's the kind of car as you drive by people or vis versa on the road they turn and give you a thumbs up. my javelin would do that. little kids would stand up and cheer as i drove buy. motorcycles would suddenly pop a wheelie as they went by in the other direction and the malamute dog i was babysitting for a friend for a few months had his head out the back window with his bandana on.

i've gone from being a shut in the last 10 years, to getting rousted by everyone in RL, to going to school. to perhaps hitting the road. people are disappointed because they wanted me to stay and feel they weren't able to help me even though they did. . i think. construction guys can fix anything, but they can't fix a persons head or their heart or politics. i tried or wanted to warn them not to have skin in the game. ..i think the impetus for me moving out was a misunderstanding. that sort of thing has actually happened to me before.

i feel in my bones that this is going to end in tragedy. everything seems ok so far. but it's a big change. i guess you could say i feel like a hobbit in lord of the rings leaving the shire. i don't know how i will learn everything i will need to.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              big day i got the vehicle. now that i look closer and see it drive and everything, it's in perfect shape. it's amazing. you can even see the original paint underneath it. the motor was rebuilt in 1999 for $2,700 and it had 72k at the time. it has 80k now. someone took car of this vehicle. it runs like it just was installed yesterday. i've had many muscle cars. i had a 78 grand prix with a 455 (blew the motor in that one shortly after putting in a rear end myself), a 1974 amc javelin with a 1971 360 engine, and a 1980 ford van with a 460. i feel like i went back in time. i know what these engines sound like. this vehicle is a cross between my javelin and van. the motor has an edelbrock carb so it's a little after market. my javelin engine was all after market, cams etc.. i didn't take care of that car. i also had a dodge dart with a 318 for a shot time. that car almost killed me. it had no weight. i could do donuts with 6 people in the car. they would be smooshed against the window with smoke pouring out.

rv's can look small sometimes depending on the situation. driving down the road it didn't look that big, but parked in my driveway in front of my little 700 ft house it looks big! the landlord called and asked if i was moving out. i called and left a message saying i might have done something impulsive. and it depends on how long i can keep it in the driveway.

when i came home i found almost everything i own outside under a small tarp against the front of the house and the french Canadian guy and his partner put plywood over all the floor except for the small room i am sleeping.
                              so i was surprised to see my stuff outside.

i made friends with the 40 year old guy that sold me the rv. we got stoned a few times. i tried tab or something for the first time. it was like smoking a joint but only one hit. i have 4 vehicles in my yard lol. he's going to take a 1992 volvo that i have which is in pretty good shape. that car was a money pit. i spent like 3k + on that car the last 6 years. the previous owner had it his whole life and garaged it. but still.. it's a 1992 volvo. he didn't want my 2001 honda insight that i have had rusting the last 6 years so i will give it to a junkyard or mechanic. actually rusting is the wrong word since it has an aluminum frame. the back window has been broken for years after a tree branch broke it. but i had it covered sort of. the interior has actually held up well. but there's mold probably and mice love to eat wires, especially on hybrids. i was actually panning on fixing it someday but that could've been ambitious.

and i have a fucking midterm tomorrow. i definitely made friends with this guy,. i don't really know his situation though. he has a GF and young baby but they can stay at his parents house but he can't apparently. so it's like Sam in game of thrones. i actually have an extra room at my house and if i stay a little while before leaving i may be able to offer him shelter. and learn more about the rv. he wants to go to the school i am going to and the next opportunity is in april. if he did that we'd actually go to school together. he is smarter than me. and i never make friends in RL. also, he doesn't want to see his awesome rv go, so he want's to stay in touch with me possibly for that too. also, it seemed more appealing to him to seel the rv to someone like him that was probably going to live in it as opposed to some family that would only camp once in a while.

it's the kind of car as you drive by people or vis versa on the road they turn and give you a thumbs up. my javelin would do that. little kids would stand up and cheer as i drove buy. motorcycles would suddenly pop a wheelie as they went by in the other direction and the malamute dog i was babysitting for a friend for a few months had his head out the back window with his bandana on.

i've gone from being a shut in the last 10 years, to getting rousted by everyone in RL, to going to school. to perhaps hitting the road. people are disappointed because they wanted me to stay and feel they weren't able to help me even though they did. . i think. construction guys can fix anything, but they can't fix a persons head or their heart or politics. i tried or wanted to warn them not to have skin in the game. ..i think the impetus for me moving out was a misunderstanding. that sort of thing has actually happened to me before.

i feel in my bones that this is going to end in tragedy. everything seems ok so far. but it's a big change. i guess you could say i feel like a hobbit in lord of the rings leaving the shire. i don't know how i will learn everything i will need to.
                              Nully, I pray all works out well for you.

I feel like I should say be careful of rv guy. It seems like you are in the middle of writing the script of Fargo season 4. Except you are living it.

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X