2K19: Shane "Not Justin" Bieber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19: Shane "Not Justin" Bieber

It increasingly looks like the Indians will trade Corey Kluber. If that is the case then he has a clear track to a slot in the rotation. Currently, Steamer projects him for 130 IP and 8.02 K/9. That's a low IP number and a lower K/9 than his rookie year. Does anyone have a better projection?

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-20-2018, 11:00 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Nope. But strangely enough I was just looking at him in our AL only 12 teamer.

He was picked up with a $14 faab bid this last year. He can be kept at that price for this year only.

I think he goes back in the auction. I hope to get him for about 6 bucks.

Comment

Obviously, his projections are dependent upon a move of Kluber or Bauer, but if he gets into the rotation, I like him a lot and would project 160 IP.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

He was picked up with a $14 faab bid this last year. He can be kept at that price for this year only.

I agree $14 is too high, but I doubt $6 is realistic. Using the Fangraphs auction calculator on default settings, 12 teams, and Steamer projections he comes out $8.9. If you recalculate for 20 teams he's $11.2. We are discussing if those projections are too low.

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Obviously, his projections are dependent upon a move of Kluber or Bauer, but if he gets into the rotation, I like him a lot and would project 160 IP.
        OK. Maybe a bit less because of innings restrictions, but like that. I also don't see the K/9 declining given how the indians have developed Bauer and Carrasco.

If his floor is $9, ie neither Kluber or Bauer moves, where would you put him with an expanded role?

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-20-2018, 02:26 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

FanGraphs has him projected as the 5th starter without moving Kluber or Bauer.ed
          Last edited by Gregg; 12-20-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

FanGraphs has him projected as the 5th starter without moving Kluber or Bauer.ed
            I don't trust that. Salazar is still there and should finally be healthy.

Comment

True and also RR, but

I don't trust that. Salazar is still there and should finally be healthy.
              Unless he's not or not back to 100%. Salazar has been listed as questionable for Opening Day, but the listing is dated. There is also Triston McKenzie to add to the mix. Regardless, the move to trade a frontline SP seems to indicate that the team wants Bieber starting regularly.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Unless he's not or not back to 100%. Salazar has been listed as questionable for Opening Day, but the listing is dated. There is also Triston McKenzie to add to the mix. Regardless, the move to trade a frontline SP seems to indicate that the team wants Bieber starting regularly.

J
                I agree that they do. But until the spot actually clears up, 130 IP seems accurate. If the spot does open up, I'd project 160.

Comment

I just made an offer for him.

The way it looks is he will be well hyped come Feb, March. I might get something good for him at that time.

Comment

I just made an offer for him.

The way it looks is he will be well hyped come Feb, March. I might get something good for him at that time.
                    Well he accepted my offer.

I traded Franklin Perez 10F (free until activated) straight up. Franklin would not have made my keeper roster. I tried to trade him for any help last year and found no takers.

With the right hype I should at least be able to get a decent draft pick upgrade.

Comment

That can't be a bad trade. I love the theory of his IP being lower because Salazar is healthy. For what, 10 innings? I would love Salazar if his arm could handle pitching as fast as he does, but it cannot. He needs to be moved to the bullpen, where he might stay healthy and have his stuff play up to a scary level.

Comment

I agree that they do. But until the spot actually clears up, 130 IP seems accurate. If the spot does open up, I'd project 160.
                        I can deal with a $9 base and upside.

Well he accepted my offer.

I traded Franklin Perez 10F (free until activated) straight up. Franklin would not have made my keeper roster. I tried to trade him for any help last year and found no takers.

With the right hype I should at least be able to get a decent draft pick upgrade.
                        Good for you. Win it and report back.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                        X