RIP Lawr Michaels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Lawr Michaels

Got word he passed away earlier today after taking a turn for the worse shortly after returning home from the hospital earlier this month. Year began with Steve Moyer's sudden passing and ends this way. Very sad to lose two unique individuals that brought so much to the fantasy community over the years.

Very sad indeed.

Comment

How sad. Lawr gave me the first opportunity to put an article into their Fantasy Football magazine with CreativeSports.

While RJ is my TRUE start for Fantasy Football Consistency, Lawr gave me my first big break into the FF Journalism world!

#RIPLawr

Comment

always an interesting character, RIP
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Such a weird day. Incredibly appropriate in Lawr's case.

Of course, this is what happens when you withdraw yourself from fantasy baseball and most social media. Twitter promotes a random tweet (MJ announcing Lawr's passing). I recoil in horror, do some more research and find out that, yes, it's actually true and that Steve Moyer passed earlier this year. I'm going to be pretty useless for the rest of the day.

Yes, I've been hiding under a rock. ...And I just opened beer #2. RIP Lawr and Steve.

The fantasy baseball world won't be the same.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Sad news. I always enjoyed Lawr’s different take on baseball (and life). Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea, but I certainly appreciated the fact that Lawr wasn’t a carbon copy of every other writer. Even enjoyed some of his forays into politics and music.

RIP Lawr Michaels.

Comment

I always enjoyed reading his player comments in the annual Fantasy Baseball Guide magazine. Assuming that they have already been written, I really hope that they are not pulled from the 2019 edition. It would make a nice tribute.

RIP Lawr Michaels.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

For those so inclined, here's a link to support CreativeSports2.com

Help keep Lawr Michaels’ legacy alive Late last year, Lawr Michaels passed away, leaving behind a li… Todd Zola needs your support for CreativeSports Support
                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Thanks Todd. Love that Steve Gardner donated $260. That was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Thanks Todd. Love that Steve Gardner donated $260. That was cool.
                    Yes, very appropriate. Though, if you knew Lawr, $247 would also be apropos.
                    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
                    X