Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Baines is a joke. Guess it really has become the "Hall of pretty good"

If Baines is in, why isn't Dave Parker? Compare their careers. Parker was just plain better.
    My first thought was also Dave Parker when i saw that Baines got in. I was a huge Parker fan as a kid and even i didn't think he had good enough stats for the HOF. But, Baines just lowered the bar.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The only argument pro-Baines is that had he not played during two strike- shortened seasons, he'd have had over 3K hits. It's not an unreasonable argument although IMO he was not deserving.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        The only argument pro-Baines is that had he not played during two strike- shortened seasons, he'd have had over 3K hits. It's not an unreasonable argument although IMO he was not deserving.
        Actually had he not played during those two strike-shortened seasons he would have less hits

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Actually had he not played during those two strike-shortened seasons he would have less hits
          Touché.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            Arod should wear $ on hat, gold plated gunslinger, bank it with those monster contracts. But he is a legit all time great, and we are in period where the greats dont get in, we let in the meh to pretty goods instead. Maybe he wont get in.
            Will he get 100%? He's deserving.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

in 2022, they should put in A-Rod and Ortiz with Bonds, Clemens, Manny, McGwire, Sosa, and Sheffield.

that would be quite the freak show at Cooperstown that summer.
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 01-24-2019, 12:22 AM.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Sosa too? You forgot Big Papi.

I suspect it will be in 2021 which has a weak 1st-time eligible group. 2020 has Jeter and 2022 has ARod but 2021 only has Aramis Martinez, Tim Hudson, and Torii Hunter. That said, all three could go before Harold Baines.

J
                Last edited by onejayhawk; 01-23-2019, 11:03 PM.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Sosa too? You forgot Big Papi.

I suspect it will be in 2021 which has a weak 1st-time eligible group. 2020 has Jeter and 2022 has ARod but 2021 only has Aramis Martinez, Tim Hudson, and Torii Hunter. That said, all three could go before Harold Baines.

J
                  If Aramis Martinez gets into the Hall, all hell has broken loose!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    And he's the best of the first timers.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I think you mean Aramis Ramirez.

Comment

why would Arod get over 40%. Didnt he use something? Now if we could know for certain, we would have a case where hey, the 39th best player of 80s is only definitively clean player, clear of even a whisper. I guess that would get us to Ellis Burks and Tommy John as HOF. The government-sealed list of 104 major-league players (out of 1200 tested) was every fully revealed? Because, hey maybe Ellis Burks looked a little buff, and he shared a locker with someone who may also be on the list. When Lance Armstrong was stripped, doping was so prevalent you had to go to 18th finisher to find the winner.

Comment

Which is why we will eventually have to put all the dopers in. It's just the latest in a line of unsavory things.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                          X