Exceelent Video Games You've Played Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exceelent Video Games You've Played Lately

I was sure this thread existed ... couldn't find it. Maybe it was some other thread?

New Stellaris patch (and DLC) released today. Looks amazing. With the new economic measures and completely revamped planet dynamics, it's starting to look like a mature game.

Best 4X style / quasi grand strategy space sim ever IMO (nostalgia notwithstanding). Shame the character creation and art still sucks balls ... the game looks great in general, but character creation leaves a lot to be desired for the modern game. This typical of Paradox, so i don't expect this to change ... the character art sucks in all Paradox games.

im liking the game the long dark. i've lasted 25 days so far on the easiest level where the wolves and bears run away from you. but i can barely keep myself alive snaring rabbits. every day you hope to run across a wolf with a fresh deer kill and you can steal it. that's like a week worth of food. from the start of the game i've just been holed up in a power plant. but eventually my knife and axe are gonna wear out. i had some kind of cool lighter, and i lost it somewhere managing my inventory. i have a decent amount of matches, but it sort of pisses me off. it was like my favorite item. i could go back and look for it but the one time i really ventured out far was by mistake when i took a wrong turn and got lost. and of course it was like the game was waiting to trow it's first blizzard at me. so instead of losing fingers to frostbite or dying i cheated and restarted before the last save point was overwritten.

you know a game is decent when it has a disclaimer saying it's not a substitute for survival training lol. and attempts to copy things in the game my result in injury or death. i also like the fact they specifically made sure unlike in the game, wolves typically don't attack people. ..but the game is a lot of grinding.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      im liking the game the long dark..
      I remember this when it first came out. Had a really interesting aesthetic. I also know it has a really dedicated following.

Weirdly I prefer to watch other people play horror / survival games, than play them myself.

Comment

Games I'm playing

Hearthstone: Blizzards "Collectible Card Game", basically a 100% virtual Magic the Gathering
        World of Warships: The worlds slowest 1st person shooter! Individual Ship team combat
        Total War: Warhammer II: RTS in the Warhammer fantasy universe
        Frostpunk: Survival City Builder made by the guys that made the very grim "This War of Mine"
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I've played World of Tanks for a few years now, but I couldn't get into World of Warships (at least not the iPad app).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I've played World of Tanks for a few years now, but I couldn't get into World of Warships (at least not the iPad app).
            I was the opposite, started out on the Ipad with WOT, shifted to the PC for WOW
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Frost Punk is a terrific little game.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Frost Punk is a terrific little game.
                I'm still mad about all those wasted amputations when my people were STARVING!

Comment

Fallout 76... Not so exceelent
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    You mean walking around picking stuff up isn't fun? But you get to do it with friends.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      You mean walking around picking stuff up isn't fun? But you get to do it with friends.
                      It's even worse than that... your stash size is really limited so pretty quickly You can't even pick up shit because you've got no room to store it. I'm not even talking about carry weight, I'm talking about haw much materials and such you can store back at your camp
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        You warned me. The guy at Gamestop warned me. I warned my 8-year old. He did not heed anyone's advice, so I bought it for him. It went exactly as I predicted -- he played it for about an hour or two, and he swiftly went back to playing Fortnite. Game hasn't been seen since.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          You warned me. The guy at Gamestop warned me. I warned my 8-year old. He did not heed anyone's advice, so I bought it for him. It went exactly as I predicted -- he played it for about an hour or two, and he swiftly went back to playing Fortnite. Game hasn't been seen since.
                          Ugh. Same story here. My stepson was a Fallout fanatic. He couldn't wait to blow all his early Christmas dough on one of the Fallout 76 special edition pre-orders. He was so disappointed with the beta, I don't think he's ever even played the proper release. I've encouraged him to try again after a few updates, but he's so angry, he doesn't even want to talk about it. He's moved on Red Dead Redemption 2. Epic fail by Bethesda.
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                            Ugh. Same story here. My stepson was a Fallout fanatic. He couldn't wait to blow all his early Christmas dough on one of the Fallout 76 special edition pre-orders. He was so disappointed with the beta, I don't think he's ever even played the proper release. I've encouraged him to try again after a few updates, but he's so angry, he doesn't even want to talk about it. He's moved on Red Dead Redemption 2. Epic fail by Bethesda.
                            Kind of similar — he loved the other Fallouts and was counting down the days to the release. When we were in the store and the clerk even tried to convince us to go in another direction, I told him let’s get Red Dead Redemption instead. But he threw a tantrum, and that was that.

Comment

My guess with Fallout was that they had some big ideas, fell behind schedule, wanted the pre Xmas release and released it half cocked. See No Man's Sky.

Despite it's other many faults, I also thought it looked like ass for a 2018 AAA release. Looked more like PubG than Red Redemption.

Comment

Working...
                              X