Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was waiting for Swamp ...

This is like a 5 year old was let loose on Photoshop for the first time

8.04 REM - Out of Time (Great Album / Horrific Cover)

Just take a moment and notice just how bad this cover truly is.

Comment

8.06 - News of the World - Queen

Not going to lie, this album cover is pretty creepy.....and could never figure out how "News from the World" title tied into the alien robot.....but it's still a pretty cool album cover!

Comment

Dang, this quicker skipping threw me off.

8.07 - Metal Church - Hanging in the Balance - WTF

It’s actually my favorite album from these speed metalers but it’s hard to figure what they were thinking with the cover. It kinda makes me laugh but is undoubtedly pretty stupid.
        Last edited by overkill94; 12-27-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Chance skipped again, so I’m up:

8.09 Band on the Run, Paul McCartney & Wings

Christopher Lee, James Coburn, Paul, Linda & Denny Laine.....+ many other British celebs....what’s not to love?

Comment

8.10 Axis: Bold As Love, The Jimi Hendrix Experience (wc)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

8.11 - Heavy Petting Zoo/ Eating Lamb, NOFX (NSFW)

Decisions, decisions. Buy the CD version, and get the cover of a man finger-banging a sheep...

... or get the LP version, and get the cover of a man full on 69-ing a sheep.

The CD cover gets bonus points for fingering a farm animal right in front of young children.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

8.12 Wildcard: KISS: Dressed to Kill

9.1 Wildcard: AC/DC: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

“There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

7.11 Grand Funk - Grand Funk (Red Album)

Synergistic in a way, as it carried the vibe of the music at the time. I remember it coming out around Christmas in 1969.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

8.02 We're Only In It For The Money - The Mothers Of Invention

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• 9.02 - Rumours, Fleetwood Mac (Wildcard)

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Since I’ll be busy tomorrow, I’ll skip DMT with an album he would never pick.

9.04 Child is Father to the Man, Blood Sweat & Tears

My friend found this album in his garage when we were 10 years old, and this cover gave us both the heebie jeebies.

Comment

• 9.03 Expensive Shit, Fela Ransome Kuti and Africa 70 (nsfw)

Great story behind this song/album. The Nigerian govt raided Fela's compound and were convinced he had eaten a bunch of weed to avoid being arrested. So they arrested him anyways until he took a shit so they could check it. Oh, and all those women on the cover were his wives.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• This has come to a grinding halt. Just gonna post out my last 3. I'll repick if anyone wants them. GG guys.

A favourite from the 90's.

9.08 PJ Harvey - Rid of Me

Since I'm paralyzed with indecision over which Bjork album cover ... all are amazing IMO apart from Volta and Utopia ... here's all of them

10.05 Bjork - Post (second along)

First album I ever bought. Always hated the cover.

11.08 Dire Strait - Brothers in Arms

Comment

• a couple of picks I was lining up, and one that I had to post for the cringeworthy factor ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Here are some I'm considering putting up:

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X