Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.09 Born in the USA, Bruce Springsteen Defining Artist Shot

Comment

4.10The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground & Nico (iconic)

Gotta say, I'm pretty shocked this is still available.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

4.11 - Live Through This, Hole (Synergistic)

In addition to flipping a disillusioned middle finger to disintegrating 80's popular culture, the garish prom queen was also the perfect representation of the more personal themes within. Live Through This was all about being a conflicted girl in a man's world. She hated the "it" girl, while secretly wanting to be her. She mocked shallow celebrity, while aggressively pursuing it. She loved being sexual, but hated being objectified. She was vulnerable and tough at the same time, and resented being judged for being either.

It's too bad Courtney devolved into the junkie mess that she became. She made it too easy to dismiss this very good record, and that's a shame, because it rocks.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

4.12 WTF Queen, Sheer Heart Attack

5.01 Wildcard REO Speedwagon, You Can Tune a Piano But You Can’t Tuna Fish

Last edited by Steve 2.0; 12-13-2018, 03:45 PM.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

5.02 - War, U2 (Wildcard)

Those eyes...
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

5.03 Houses of the Holy, Led Zeppelin (wc)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

5.04 Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd WC

Comment

Skip me. I’ll catch up tomorrow.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Overkill up!

Comment

5.06 - Country Church - Country Church - LOL

Not even sure if this fits the category but it sure made me LOL when it kept showing up on the worst album covers of all time lists.

Comment

Griswold Skipped

5.08 Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin

Comment

5.07 - Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles - Great album/Bad cover

The costumes alone qualify this for a bad cover! What kind of drugs were they doing at the time???
                          Attached Files

Comment

5.09 - Heaven 17 - Heaven 17

I was trying to think of an album that I bought just because of the cover - not knowing the group - not hearing - just because the cover was so cool

and this was it - the font/colors were so new wave that it must be cool

I actually like many of the songs on it and then found out they had overlap with The Human League

Comment

5.10- The Band Jericho

Comment

5.11 Time Out - The Dave Brubeck Quartet

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                                X