No announcement yet.

Best album cover draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.03- Santana-Synergistic (Perfect Visual Representation of the Music Inside)

Comment

2.04 - My Aim is True - Elvis Costello - Best cover w/artist pictured

Who is this nerdy punk? And how does he get off calling himself after the greatest rock and roller?

Last edited by swampdragon; 12-08-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

2.05 Neutral Milk hotel, In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Comment

2.06 - Jane's Addiction - Nothing is Shocking - NSFW

Comment

Maybe I'm just secretly a 13-year-old but this one makes me laugh and is a true classic:

2.07 - The Who - Who's Next - artist pictured

Attached Files

Comment

Can’t post a pic reference from my phone, but I’ll get my pick in and update later. For my best album/worst cover, I’ll go with:

2.08 Thriller, Michael Jackson
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

2.09 Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin Synergistic

Comment

2.10 Aladdin Sane, David Bowie (Iconic, Artist Cover, Synergistic)

Last edited by DMT; 12-10-2018, 10:26 AM.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Warning! Toxic masculinity alert!

Hey, nothing wrong with a little juvenile crotch humor, so long as it is artistically presented, right?

2.11 - Sticky Fingers, Rolling Stones [original zipper cover] (LOL)

The original Andy Warhol design with the working zipper had to be discontinued. When the LP's were stacked and packed for shipping, the zippers damaged the vinyl within. Ah, well, it was a fine dick joke while it lasted.

This is a bookend pick. Next up: Juvenile crotch humor gone wrong.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

2.12 Van Halen Van Halen (synergistic)

“There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

3.01 Die Trying Die Trying NSFW

“There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

My last pick was juvenile crotch humor done right. Here's some juvenile crotch humor gone wrong.

3.02 - Amorica, Black Crowes (Cringeworthy)

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Bonus pick here since they have multiple covers after their initial version was deemed too offensive. Even the cleaned up version is pretty cool, but the original is a great collector's item.

3.03 Appetite for Destruction, Guns N Roses (Iconic, NSFW, Synergistic, WTF)

Attached Files
                            Last edited by DMT; 12-10-2018, 02:01 PM.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

3.04 Electric Ladyland, The Jimi Hendrix Experience NSFW

This was the original cover released in the UK. Jimi hated it, and pleaded for it to be changed before its release in the US, which his record label obliged.

Comment

3.05 Disraeli Gears, Cream

Dunno if it’ll be iconic or best picture of group.

Good short article with both cover sides: https://first-draft.com/2015/08/05/a...israeli-gears/
                                Last edited by chancellor; 12-11-2018, 08:55 AM.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X