Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I need a ruling. Do covers count?

I was minding my own business at The Golden Coral having lunch when some female did a whiney cover of it. Since it wasn't Wham I am thinking it should not count.

What say the pen?

My wife and I are off tomorrow and going shopping. I doubt I come out of it alive.
    3rd rule says you are safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
      3rd rule says you are safe.
      Only if he enjoyed it, the way I read the rule.
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        Only if he enjoyed it, the way I read the rule.
        I think the rule commanded him to enjoy - he didn't have a choice.

Nonetheless, Gregg's still alive.

I've been in a lot of malls & heard a shitload of carols this year, I have no idea how I haven't heard it yet.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Thanks all.

Leaving in a few minutes. My wife says I have no chance of escaping today. We are going out for a late breakfast before shopping, might not get past that.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            shitload of Carols
            This is what I'm hoping is under my tree this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
              This is what I'm hoping is under my tree this year.
              if you're going to quote me don't edit me.

and be careful what you ask for ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

if you're going to quote me don't edit me.

and be careful what you ask for ...

You underestimate my need for female companionship. She looks good to me.

Comment

cover version doesn't bust your ride
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

My wife and mother-in-law start with the 24/7 Christmas music before Thanksgiving, so there was no way I would ever be master of my domain in this contest.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Rick rolled or Whammed... tough choice
                      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Thanks all.

Leaving in a few minutes. My wife says I have no chance of escaping today. We are going out for a late breakfast before shopping, might not get past that.
                        Mrs. Gregg was wrong. We made it through breakfast as well as a 5 hour shopping excursion.

I am absolutely stunned that I have not been Whammed yet. Heck I think last year I would have been out a few days after Halloween.

Comment

well it took until the 23rd but I'm finally out. eating lunch between stops yesterday at a local watering hole & the stupid thing came on. It really is a bad song.

Comment

well it took until the 23rd but I'm finally out. eating lunch between stops yesterday at a local watering hole & the stupid thing came on. It really is a bad song.
                            We have about 3.5 hours of driving today and 1.5 tomorrow. I will be living dangerously and playing the radio for the all of it.

I was sure I was getting nicked this morning when I had to go to Walmart. Came out unscathed. This is by far the longest I have ever went without getting Whammed since the song came out.

Comment

was just our and about, feeling like a riverboat gambler the more non-Wham songs I heard.

was nearly home, and "Happy XMas (War is Over)" by John Lennon is winding down, and I'm sure I'm doomed. then - commercial, sweet!

have a 3-hour roundtrip car ride tomorrow, so as they say in horse racing, "Hold All Tickets!"
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Out at 12:07 Christmas day.

RJEL girl had been gunning for me ever since I mentioned the contest
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X