You've automatically been entered into a Whamageddon contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    This brings back fond memories of my first crush, a girl who was obsessed with Wham. I had no idea who they were when she told me, but I pretended I loved them too.
    I once sat in the second row for a Thompson Twins concert that, well, was not my idea.

wait, I was over 30 when I agreed to go see Rick Springfield (!) at a suburban Chicago club.

worth it? hell yeah
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      I once sat in the second row for a Thompson Twins concert that, well, was not my idea.

wait, I was over 30 when I agreed to go see Rick Springfield (!) at a suburban Chicago club.

worth it? hell yeah
      The things we do... I've seen Rick Springfield twice in the last 4 years...
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Well, I was playing HQ trivia last night and a question about the song came up and they just had to play a clip of it. Bah humbug

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
          Well, I was playing HQ trivia last night and a question about the song came up and they just had to play a clip of it. Bah humbug
          Wow, hard way to go out.

I have to go to the mall today, I will be shocked if I escape.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
            my alarm is set to a local radio pgm, and yesterday as the alarm went on I woke up to a discussion about Last Christmas, and I went SHIT!!! But apparently they had just played it, so I guess I got lucky
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I don't go to malls, don't listen to the radio, and suspect any link you bastards post, plus I'm not even sure I know what the song is, so I might have the perfect shield of stupidity in my favor as well!
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                I don't go to malls, don't listen to the radio, and suspect any link you bastards post, plus I'm not even sure I know what the song is, so I might have the perfect shield of stupidity in my favor as well!
                Ha. Think a moment for sappiest most irritating song you have heard a month before Christmas for the last 20 years. That would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Ha. Think a moment for sappiest most irritating song you have heard a month before Christmas for the last 20 years. That would be it.
                  Is it the "Do They Know Its Chrismas" charity song, the one like "We are the World"?

This is still the best xmas song

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

fuck a duck, I got cracked by my company's holliday trivia competition, I should have run away for the music category

Comment

Nailed at daughters' holiday dance party.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I heard the song mentioned yesterday - but not the song itself!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          fuck a duck
                          All this time, I thought I came up with this phrase.
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

that duck action was a saying in my heyday as well

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              that duck action was a saying in my heyday as well
                              Must be why my trademark application was denied
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                              X