Holiday bonuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday bonuses

Do you give a holiday bonus/tip to anyone? Mail carrier, garbage collector, babysitter/nanny, landscaper, etc? If so, how much?

Mail Carrier, Newspaper, Cleaning woman...

Cleaning woman... cleaning woman... CLEANING WOMAN!!!!

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

what's this "newspaper" that you speak of???

yes, CLEANING LADY!!!

(or woman)

we typically do $50 each (there are 2 that work our house) ... if I recall correctly ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        Do you give a holiday bonus/tip to anyone? Mail carrier, garbage collector, babysitter/nanny, landscaper, etc? If so, how much?
        Anyone who does a personal service like child care , landscaping, etc, yes I would. Mail, Garbage, etc, no...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

We used to give our Nanny an extra week's pay and the week off as a bonus.

I used to tip our longtime mailman $50, but he retired and now it's a host of different ones. I tip my barber $20 (who's also a tenant). I don't tip the garbage guys. That's about it, since I'm our landscaper!

Comment

As a man with zero service personnel on staff I am oblivious to this question. Since I hope to hire a housekeeper in the near future I am thankful for the guidance

Comment

If you still get a newspaper delivered, always tip your carrier. Having done that for almost six years, I may be slightly biased.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I tip our regular morning babysitter, our bi-weekly house cleaner, and our 3x/week dinner cook around $100 each. And we contribute to holiday gift funds for the kids' public school, aftercare and religious school teachers. I honestly have no clue if our mail carrier is regular or variable - never see him or her, and I haven't given a holiday tip, although this thread has me thinking about whether I should.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  I tip our regular morning babysitter, our bi-weekly house cleaner, and our 3x/week dinner cook around $100 each. And we contribute to holiday gift funds for the kids' public school, aftercare and religious school teachers. I honestly have no clue if our mail carrier is regular or variable - never see him or her, and I haven't given a holiday tip, although this thread has me thinking about whether I should.
                  I just want to know how you know the babysitter is regular.
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

The same mail carrier who delivers my mail to the neighbors and the neighbors mail to me? The same mail carrier who leaves the flap open on the top of my mailbox when it's raining so that i have to hang my mail over a chair to dry before i can read it? That's the guy i'm supposed to tip? I don't think so.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      The same mail carrier who delivers my mail to the neighbors and the neighbors mail to me? The same mail carrier who leaves the flap open on the top of my mailbox when it's raining so that i have to hang my mail over a chair to dry before i can read it? That's the guy i'm supposed to tip? I don't think so.
                      I re-read this post with LL Cool J's I'm going back to Cali in my head.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        I just want to know how you know the babysitter is regular.
                        No, no, you misapplied the adjective there. His regular morning babysitter is for the good days; when he has an irregular morning he has to call in the "special" babysitter. She gets paid more to put up with... well you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          No, no, you misapplied the adjective there. His regular morning babysitter is for the good days; when he has an irregular morning he has to call in the "special" babysitter. She gets paid more to put up with... well you know.
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                          X