Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

I recently purchased a bunch of frames for album covers and am trying to decide which ones to use. Would anyone be up for a draft? Or we can just post our favorites if not enough interest.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I'm up, even if you're drafting album frames.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Cool concept. I’m in.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Categories? 60s and earlier? 70s? 80s? Etc

I'm in
        And is there a website with good pics?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          Categories? 60s and earlier? 70s? 80s? Etc

I'm in
          And is there a website with good pics?
          Yea we can do categories if everyone wants but not a requirement. Discogs should have most if not all of the covers.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Oh, I’m definitely in for this one.

Proposed category: Worst album cover ever

Comment

If anyone has senorsheep's email, pop him a note. I'm not sure how often he checks in any more.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

NSFW as a category.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  If anyone has senorsheep's email, pop him a note. I'm not sure how often he checks in any more.
                  Yea I was waiting to confirm this would be viable.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Sure ... this is a weird one though. There are a lot of average album covers on iconic albums that are considered great because the album is great.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Sure ... this is a weird one though. There are a lot of average album covers on iconic albums that are considered great because the album is great.
                      Very true...I'll relate a perfect example during the draft but want to wait to see if someone picks it first. If we decide to have categories that could be a couple.

Great album - meh cover
                      Meh album - great cover

But not really sure we need catgeories tbh.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

senorsheep is in, sent out some flyers to gregg and fresno.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

any other potential drafters? mith? i sent him a pm but not sure if anyone has other means to contact him.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            any other potential drafters? mith? i sent him a pm but not sure if anyone has other means to contact him.
                            erik?
                            foot?

Who else did the music related drafts?

Comment

not interested unless there are categories, otherwise it is "everyone post your favorite album art"
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X