X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Not really. I just like being annoying.
    I guess I need to try harder.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I'll play.

I think that the first 8 covers (or whatever) should have to be in your frames/on your wall, with a pic posted here.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        I'll play.

I think that the first 8 covers (or whatever) should have to be in your frames/on your wall, with a pic posted here.

Comment

Looking forward to Steve's Top 10 hair metal covers.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Waiting to hear back from Gregg and hoping someone can reach out to Erik and Foot because I'm sure they'd want to join. How do we want to do categories? By decade? Genre? Random categories? All three? I like the ones proposed this far. Another could be "a cover you only found due to joining this draft".

It will of course skew heavily towards rock genre so it could be cool to require other genres, but not if it's going to ruin the fun.
            I will be in.

I will play by whatever rules you all decide.

Comment

So we have 13 if my count is correct, 14 if 1J joins.

DMT
              Redbirds
              Chance
              Swampy
              Revo
              Johnny
              Señor
              Fresno
              Overkill
              Steve
              Gris
              Trana
              Gregg
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                I'll play.

I haven't even picked the frames up yet nor have the covers themselves.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Waiting to hear back from Gregg and hoping someone can reach out to Erik and Foot because I'm sure they'd want to join. How do we want to do categories? By decade? Genre? Random categories? All three? I like the ones proposed this far. Another could be "a cover you only found due to joining this draft".
                  I vote for a handful of fun categories...

Iconic
                  Great Album/Terrible Cover
                  Synergistic (Perfect Visual Representation of the Music Inside)
                  Cringeworthy (Cover That Has Aged Very Badly)
                  LOL
                  WTF?!

... plus an equal number of utility slots to fill with whatever we like.

It will of course skew heavily towards rock genre so it could be cool to require other genres, but not if it's going to ruin the fun.
                  There is a treasure trove of "WTF?!" covers in the Old Time Gospel genre...
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Proposed categories:

Best
                    Worst
                    NSFW
                    Album you've never heard but found only because of this draft.
                    Great album with meh/overrated cover.
                    Bad album, great cover.

ETA: removed genres because I think we have enough categories between this and sheep's suggestions. Other ideas?
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      I vote for a handful of fun categories...

Iconic
                      Great Album/Terrible Cover
                      Synergistic (Perfect Visual Representation of the Music Inside)
                      Cringeworthy (Cover That Has Aged Very Badly)
                      LOL
                      WTF?!

... plus an equal number of utility slots to fill with whatever we like.

There is a treasure trove of "WTF?!" covers in the Old Time Gospel genre...
                      Good suggestions.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

so - how about 8-10 categories and 4 bench slots
                        and I like the synergistic idea

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          so - how about 8-10 categories and 4 bench slots
                          and I like the synergistic idea
                          Sounds good to me.

Other categories we could do:

Best Artist Cover - Cover featuring a defining shot of the actual band or artist.
                          Rowwrrr! - The hair metal guys will probably demand hot chicks.
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Sounds good. I like all the category ideas suggested.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              Sounds good to me.

Other categories we could do:

Best Artist Cover - Cover featuring a defining shot of the actual band or artist.
                              Rowwrrr! - The hair metal guys will probably demand hot chicks.
                              You have a problem with hot chicks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                You have a problem with hot chicks?
                                I've never been a fan of hyper-sexualizing women in demeaning fashion to sell music to dopey, horny teenage boys. Not even when I was a dopey, horny teenage boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X