No announcement yet.

President GHW Bush: RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t believe people post anti-Trump rants in a thread about the death of President Bush. Be better.
    Edit: Actually, I can believe it.
    Last edited by nots; 12-02-2018, 08:56 AM. Reason: Acknowledgement of reality

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      An amazing career, and an incredibly classy and dignified individual. The current temporary occupant of the WH has a lot to learn from President Bush. RIP.
      On this we can agree. Except for the trump barb. I don’t disagree. It just isn’t necessary.
      Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 12-02-2018, 09:21 AM.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

It’s kind of a shame we can’t have a thread about the death of a good and decent man without invoking Trump’s name. You guys know there is a rather lengthy thread for you to rail on Trump right?

Edited to add: Sorry nots. Just saw your post above.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

In my and the other Trump bashers defense, we fell for 1jay's baiting. He was the first to mention Trump here, in post 3, saying Trump would be remembered as a better president than Bush. The thread got derailed, because people were pushing back on that notion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            In my and the other Trump bashers defense, we fell for 1jay's baiting. He was the first to mention Trump here, in post 3, saying Trump would be remembered as a better president than Bush. The thread got derailed, because people were pushing back on that notion.
            I get it and I wasn’t calling anyone out, specifically. It’s ironic that one of the characteristics GHWB was known for was civility and it is one of the things most lacking today!! We could learn lessons from his graciousness in defeat and humbleness in victory. Read the letter he left for Bill Clinton after his bruising defeat.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...er/2173692002/

The last of the Greatest Generation in the White House. RIP 41.

I, too, am all to often sucked in and guilty of taking the bait. But, for the record, it actually started in post 2, although not by name. 1J only responded, but neither was necessary, in my opinion.
            Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 12-02-2018, 10:43 AM.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              No, actually Revo took a shot at Trump in Post 2. OJ followed with a trolling response and the Trump bashing was off and running. To Revo’s credit, he didn’t used his tired DumbDonald or DopeyDonald name calling—probably out of respect for President Bush.

Comment

So let's get back on track then shall we? The letter that GHWB left in the Oval Office for Bill Clinton is a pretty amazing gesture of respect for the office, and for the new person taking the desk. Not surprising that they ended up being very good friends.

Dear Bill,
                When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know you will feel that, too.
                I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I'm not a very good one to give advice; but just don't let the critics discourage you or push you off course.
                You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.
                Your success now is our country's success. I am rooting hard for you.

Good luck—
                George
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                  No, actually Revo took a shot at Trump in Post 2. OJ followed with a trolling response and the Trump bashing was off and running. To Revo’s credit, he didn’t used his tired DumbDonald or DopeyDonald name calling—probably out of respect for President Bush.
                  I said he has a lot to learn from a great man and great president. Being that both are presidents and inevitably get compared. And in FULL support of a prior REPUBLICAN president who doesn't get enough credit. And then DEFENDING said president from an uncalled for bashing.

But really glad YOU brought up the "tired" names, Mr. Respectful, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    So let's get back on track then shall we? The letter that GHWB left in the Oval Office for Bill Clinton is a pretty amazing gesture of respect for the office, and for the new person taking the desk. Not surprising that they ended up being very good friends.
                    I may need to apologize to you Horns. I may have been doing one of my many edits to my last post while you posted this.

Regardless, the letter is pretty incredible and should serve as an example to all.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I said he has a lot to learn from a great man and great president. Being that both are presidents and inevitably get compared. And in FULL support of a prior REPUBLICAN president who doesn't get enough credit. And then DEFENDING said president from an uncalled for bashing.

But really glad YOU brought up the "tired" names, Mr. Respectful, LOL.
                      Nope, you wanted to take a shot at Trump. You can’t help yourself. The 500 pages on the other thread aren’t enough for you, so you quickly followed up a post about President Bush passing with your virtue signaling ‘advice’ to President Trump. Your obsession isn’t healthy.
                      Last edited by nots; 12-02-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                        Nope, you wanted to take a shot at Trump. You can’t help yourself. The 500 pages on the other thread aren’t enough for you, so you quickly followed up a post about President Trump passing with your virtue signaling ‘advice’ to President Trump. Your obsession isn’t healthy.
                        You got it, Mr. Respectful!

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                          I may need to apologize to you Horns. I may have been doing one of my many edits to my last post while you posted this.

Regardless, the letter is pretty incredible and should serve as an example to all.
                          You never need to apologize to me Bernie, you're a man with a good heart who I've learned to respect.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            You never need to apologize to me Bernie, you're a man with a good heart who I've learned to respect.
                            You’re an easy sell!! But thanks (sincerely).

Ronald Reagan

Comment

It's not trolling to say that Trump will be remembered as a better President than Bush. It's an opinion but a legitimate one.

You got it, Mr. Respectful!
                              I'm Mr. Respectful. He's nots.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                It's not trolling to say that Trump will be remembered as a better President than Bush. It's an opinion but a legitimate one.

I'm Mr. Respectful. He's nots.

J
                                Another. "Huh?" from one Jay.

But let's just try to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                                X