No announcement yet.

Chiefs Release Kareem Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This move by the Browns seems incredibly tone deaf to me. There's little doubt in my mind that someone was going to sign him, and I believe in second chances, but I just wonder how Cleveland, in their wisdom (or lack thereof), can look at their community and justify this signing. The assault he is accused of happened in their city. I can't imagine how domestic abuse and women's groups in the city are reacting to this.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      This move by the Browns seems incredibly tone deaf to me. There's little doubt in my mind that someone was going to sign him, and I believe in second chances, but I just wonder how Cleveland, in their wisdom (or lack thereof), can look at their community and justify this signing. The assault he is accused of happened in their city. I can't imagine how domestic abuse and women's groups in the city are reacting to this.
      I don't disagree overall, but was Hunt guilty of "domestic abuse"? It seems like using that term for every instance of violence against women undersells the horror of being trapped in an actual domestic abuse situation.

Comment

Plus he is a hometown boy - so ever since he was released there has been a whispering of bring him home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I don't disagree overall, but was Hunt guilty of "domestic abuse"? It seems like using that term for every instance of violence against women undersells the horror of being trapped in an actual domestic abuse situation.
          Yes, I missed stated what he's been accused. I think my profession in social service work makes me extrapolate which social issues would have concerns about what this looks like. I think any organizations that works with violence against women will have issues with this signing.

As for bringing the hometown boy home, I get the angle, but IMO, it almost makes it worse.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And now police are investigating Tyreek Hill for battery involving his son, who broke his arm in the incident. There goes that hundy mil contract!

Comment

Patrick Mahomes is going to have his work cut out for him next season without Hunt & Hill.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games.
                  I was hoping for more as a Chubb owner. I really don't get why they signed him given how well Chubb played last year. I figured he'd get his second chance on a team that was desperate for a back, not a team that had a very good one and another good 3rd down guy already.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    And now police are investigating Tyreek Hill for battery involving his son, who broke his arm in the incident. There goes that hundy mil contract!
                    He may be done.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                      Holy shit, if this is all true, this is a major league bad guy. And the NFL knew he was before he ever played a down
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

So, Hill has been punching the kid since he was in the womb and hasn't stopped since. What a piece of garbage. Let him rot in prison.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X