MLB in PDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB in PDX

In case anyone is interested, there are some developments around the MLB-to-Portland movement including a stadium site and some new renderings. What do you all think?

Not that I follow baseball anymore to know more, but it seems appropriate given how much the city has grown in the past decade. It seems the most likely franchise to relocate would be Oakland. At least Portland wouldn't be too far away, but I'm sure Mariners ownership will have fits.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
      Not that I follow baseball anymore to know more, but it seems appropriate given how much the city has grown in the past decade. It seems the most likely franchise to relocate would be Oakland. At least Portland wouldn't be too far away, but I'm sure Mariners ownership will have fits.
      Oakland has plans for a new park on the waterfront. Still far from being a done deal, but there's significant action.

Expansion seems unlikely, but I can't offhand see a team moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
        FG has an article today on this very topic- https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/port...-stadium-site/. They mention 3 teams possibly relocating there and Oakland is not one of them. Actually, they seem to suggest that Arizona might be the most likely team to move there, if any does.

Comment

Working...
        X