Baby Naming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Naming

I blame the parents. Why would you do this to a child?

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Traci Redford said she was boarding a Southwest Airlines flight home to El Paso, Texas, with her 5-year-old daughter when she overheard an airline employee mocking the little girl’s name, Abcde (pronounced ab-city). Now the airline has apologized to the mom and daughter in a public statement.
    Makes you yearn for the good old days of God Shammgod.
    Last edited by Pauly; 11-29-2018, 02:35 PM.

The Dovers would.

They named their daughter Ilene and their son Ben.

Comment

Worse I saw was while working at a hospital in patient accounts. Set of twins named Mickey and Minnie. Not nicknames. Parent given. That was a long time ago. I guess folks have gotten worse. Abcde is pretty darn bad. Worse than a boy named Sue.

Comment

I try and get all my relatives to name their kid Kant. Our last name is Hackett. So far no takers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Worse I saw was while working at a hospital in patient accounts. Set of twins named Mickey and Minnie. Not nicknames. Parent given. That was a long time ago. I guess folks have gotten worse. Abcde is pretty darn bad. Worse than a boy named Sue.
          I always said if Twins:
          Beans and Frank
          Or
          Hither and yon. - so you can yell for them “ come hither...

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
            I always said if Twins:
            Beans and Frank
            Or
            Hither and yon. - so you can yell for them “ come hither...
            And Hither will get misspelled Hitler on paperwork, so you have a double bonus.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              And Hither will get misspelled Hitler on paperwork, so you have a double bonus.
              My mother misspelled my name on my birth certificate, which causes me all sort of annoyances, as it is different than my SS name and the name I use. My name is supposed to be Sean, but it got spelled Seon, and never fixed.

Comment

My mother misspelled my name on my birth certificate, which causes me all sort of annoyances, as it is different than my SS name and the name I use. My name is supposed to be Sean, but it got spelled Seon, and never fixed.
                Ugh. That’s got the potential to be a nightmare. How’d you handle getting a passport?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Ugh. That’s got the potential to be a nightmare. How’d you handle getting a passport?
                  Actually, mine is expired, and I am loathe to renew, because I fear it will be a pain in the ass again. I almost didn't get on a cruise ship once, because my passport didn't match my DL or SS card. My DL has generally been Sean, because all but once, they didn't look closely enough at my documents, and they went with what I filled out.

For my initial passport, if I remember correctly, I had to get my DL reissued as Seon in order to get the passport, because they needed two forms of ID, and my BC was the only one spelled Seon. At this point, in hindsight, I'm a complete idiot for not biting the bullet and spending a few hundred bucks to get it fixed, but it doesn't come up often, and when it did in the past, I was poor enough to just deal with it.

Comment

Really?
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                      Really?
                      At least it wasn't Seon 2.0, can you imagine having a number in your name?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        At least it wasn't Seon 2.0, can you imagine having a number in your name?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              I blame the parents. Why would you do this to a child?
                              My guess would be that the parents named their child while under the influence. Probably conceived that way too.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X