NL only keeper list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only keeper list?

NL only 5x5 12 teams $260 budget OBP instead of ave. and SB-CS. We do have a wrinkle to our rules. Can keep 10-14 depending on where you finish. First and last can keep 10, 2 and 11th can keep 11. 3rd and 10th keep 12, 4th and 9th keep 13, 5th thru 8th keep 14. Rookie status guys count against the keepers but not their salaries. Kieboom gets a slot but he is free.

Y salaries are done after this year and cannot be extended. B salaries can be extended at $5 per year or played out.

I finished last as I was rebuilding. I have also made some trades . I can keep 10. I am stepping out this year and keeping Scherzer at $54. I do not fear going into an auction with little money if the keepers get me enough stats. Acuna is a no brainer at $15.

Given Scherzer and Acuna who would be your other 8 keepers? Thank you.

C Matt Wieters C | WAS 6A
    1B Freddie Freeman 1B | AT 35Y
    2B Ian Happ 2B,3B,OF | CHC 15B
    3B Derek Dietrich 3B,1B,OF | MIA 4B
    SS JT Riddle SS | MIA 1A

CI Jose Martinez 1B,OF | STL 4B
    OF Ronald Acuna OF | ATL 15F
    OF Franchy Cordero OF | SD 1A
    OF Bryce Harper OF | WAS 46A
    OF Manuel Margot OF | SD 15B
    OF Brandon Nimmo OF | NYM 4A
    U Jung Ho Kang 3B | PIT 8A
    RESERVES

C Nick Hundley C | SF 1A
    MI Ryan Flaherty 3B | ATL 8FA
    MI Carter Kieboom SS | WAS 15F
    CI Garrett Cooper OF | MIA 10F
    OF Heliot Ramos OF | SF 15F

P Aaron Nola P | PHI 29A
    P Dereck Rodriguez P | SF 9FA
    P Max Scherzer P | WAS 54A
    P Anthony Swarzak P | NYM 5FA
    P Kirby Yates P | SD 3A
    RESERVES
    P Jerry Blevins P | NYM 5FA
    P Yu Darvish P | CHC 33A
    P Dakota Hudson P | STL 5FA
    P Tommy Hunter P | PHI 1A
    P Jake McGee P | COL 10A
    P Hector Neris P | PHI 25A
    P Cody Reed P | CIN 5FA
    P Luke Weaver P | STL 15B

KEEP 1B Freddie Freeman 1B | AT 35Y
    SS JT Riddle SS | MIA 1A

KEEP CI Jose Martinez 1B,OF | STL 4B
    KEEP OF Ronald Acuna OF | ATL 15F
    KEEP OF Franchy Cordero OF | SD 1A
    KEEP OF Bryce Harper OF | WAS 46A
    RESERVES

C Nick Hundley C | SF 1A
    KEEP MI Carter Kieboom SS | WAS 15F

KEEP P Aaron Nola P | PHI 29A
    KEEP P Dereck Rodriguez P | SF 9FA
    KEEP P Max Scherzer P | WAS 54A

KEEP P Kirby Yates P | SD 3A
    RESERVES
    P Yu Darvish P | CHC 33A
    P Dakota Hudson P | STL 5FA
    P Jake McGee P | COL 10A
    P Cody Reed P | CIN 5FA

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Comment

Might lose J. Martinez to AL, then switch to Happ

Comment

1B Freddie Freeman 1B | AT 35Y
        SS JT Riddle SS | MIA 1A

CI Jose Martinez 1B,OF | STL 4B
        OF Ronald Acuna OF | ATL 15F
        OF Franchy Cordero OF | SD 1A

OF Bryce Harper OF | WAS 46A
        RESERVES

C Nick Hundley C | SF 1A
        MI Carter Kieboom SS | WAS 15F

P Aaron Nola P | PHI 29A
        P Dereck Rodriguez P | SF 9FA
        P Max Scherzer P | WAS 54A

P Kirby Yates P | SD 3A
        RESERVES
        P Yu Darvish P | CHC 33A
        P Dakota Hudson P | STL 5FA ? He'd be the first one I'd take off if I can't count....
        P Jake McGee P | COL 10A
        P Cody Reed P | CIN 5FA
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I see you both like Dereck Rodriguez (as I do).

I have an offer to pick up an $18 Taillon for my first round reserve pick (8th overall). He would take the place of Rodriguez. So it would cost me 9 more bucks and the 8th pick to upgrade.

I offered my 3rd round pick and he declined.

Thoughts?

Comment

I like Taillon better than Pudge Jr. but it looks like you are getting pretty high in salary already and need to be a little careful there. Rodriguez was really outstanding last year, I saw him a lot and he's very composed to go along with his talent. A by product of his upbringing no doubt.

I wouldn't do that deal given your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              it looks like you are getting pretty high in salary already and need to be a little careful there
              I would disagree. As long as the league is relatively liquid with trading, it's way too early to be worried about total salary. Absolutely account for salary on an individual player by player basis, and in reality value relative to salary is the main factor here (we're really playing an economics game as much as a baseball one).

But there's always a deal to be made of a high priced keeper for a cheap one later. If you get close to the auction and need to shed salary, it's not hard to do so if you have stars, even if they are on larger contracts, as long as the contracts are at least reasonable relative to value returned.

Comment

I like Taillon better than Pudge Jr. but it looks like you are getting pretty high in salary already and need to be a little careful there. Rodriguez was really outstanding last year, I saw him a lot and he's very composed to go along with his talent. A by product of his upbringing no doubt.

I wouldn't do that deal given your situation.
                Thank you for the input. I have not seen Rodrguez pitch this is good info.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I would disagree. As long as the league is relatively liquid with trading, it's way too early to be worried about total salary. Absolutely account for salary on an individual player by player basis, and in reality value relative to salary is the main factor here (we're really playing an economics game as much as a baseball one).

But there's always a deal to be made of a high priced keeper for a cheap one later. If you get close to the auction and need to shed salary, it's not hard to do so if you have stars, even if they are on larger contracts, as long as the contracts are at least reasonable relative to value returned.
                  Thank you for the reminder. It is way to early to set the keepers in stone. We only have to get it down to 19 players by mid January.

Given a few of my players/keepers may sign in the AL or get traded, too many keepers this early is a good thing.

Thanks to all who have replied and to those who may still. All opinions are welcome.

Comment

In concept, I like the deal. In reality, unless you're reasonably sure you'd keep Taillon, I'd not be inclined to give up my first reserve pick. On the face, it's a good deal.

But, yeah, I'm wishy-washy on this one. On one hand, Rodriguez pitched pretty impressively on the surface. OTOH, that sub 7.0K/9 rate and a walk rate at 2.7/9 gives me some heartburn about a Chase Anderson-like reversion. But then again, I'd hate giving up a solid upside young SP in a favorable park at 9 bucks.

Hmmm...maybe I'd dump Franchy and keep both Taillon and Rodriguez in that scenario.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Hmmm...maybe I'd dump Franchy and keep both Taillon and Rodriguez in that scenario.
                      From your list I'd dump Dakota Hudson and keep both.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        From your list I'd dump Dakota Hudson and keep both.
                        Dakota made it 11.

I am hoping he gets some hype in the spring. Maybe I can get a draft pick upgrade for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Dakota made it 11.

I am hoping he gets some hype in the spring. Maybe I can get a draft pick upgrade for him.
                          Referring to his list specifically. Can't really tell you on your list without seeing your personal ranking.

Comment

Gregg, what kind of player would you expect to get with that first round pick? Can you give an example of a guy who might be available then? What would his contract be? Can you pick a minor leaguer?

Comment

Gregg, what kind of player would you expect to get with that first round pick? Can you give an example of a guy who might be available then? What would his contract be? Can you pick a minor leaguer?
                              All the first round reserve picks get assigned a value of 15F. They can be kept free until they are activated and loose rookie status. So my 15F Ramos can be kept at no cost against salary cap until he is activated. He would count against my keeper list. Some examples of 15F first rounders that will be kept:

Luis Urias, Victor Robles, Austin Riley. But most of the top rookies have been grabbed in later $10 and $5 rounds and sat on for years. I think DuPlantier #82 is the only player in rhd's top 100 that is available. That might change with trades. That first round is usually used to grab some depth or an MR with closer potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X