Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    So what do you think?
    Personally I'd keep Nola/Freeman. Scherzer/Nola allows you to have the best pitching staff in your league just by adding in a few low cost starters to go with them. And you already have plenty of OF talent. I'd address speed in the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Ahhh, I was reading that paragraph about Freeman for Aguilar on it's own and wondering how Aguilar was going to give you speed.
      Didn't you hear? Aguilar is in the best shape of his life

Comment

Here is where I stand today. I have to cut it down to 10 total keepers.
        I am in negotiations to trade Harper for a free this year Luis Urias. Next year he is 15. It is the free second baseman that is appealing. The same owner owns Albies at 10b. He needs to be played out or given a raise at $5 per year. I would give him a year. He said he would think about it and get back to me tomorrow.

I can't seem to get any bites on Stras, this is a bit surprising to me. Top pitching will be scarce at auction. I won't keep him, maybe they know that.

It looks like i might have to choose between Franchy Cordero $1a and Ryu 9a. The extra 8 bucks helps if I choose Franchy. But I really like Ryu for 9 bucks this year.

1B Freddie Freeman 1B | AT 35Y

CI Jose Martinez 1B,OF | STL 4B
        OF Ronald Acuna OF | ATL 15F
        OF Franchy Cordero OF | SD 1A
        OF Bryce Harper OF | WAS 46A
        OF Marcell Ozuna 26B
        OF Brandon Nimmo OF | NYM 4A

RESERVES
        3B Derek Dietrich 3B,1B,OF | MIA 4B
        SS JT Riddle SS | MIA 1A
        1B Brandon Belt 19A

MI Carter Kieboom SS | WAS 15F

P Aaron Nola P | PHI 29A

P Max Scherzer P | WAS 54A
        P Hyun-Jin Ryu 9A
        P Kirby Yates P | SD 3A

RESERVES
        P Dereck Rodriguez P | SF 9FA
        P Stephen Strasburg Wsh 34a

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Here is where I stand today. I have to cut it down to 10 total keepers.
          I am in negotiations to trade Harper for a free this year Luis Urias. Next year he is 15. It is the free second baseman that is appealing. The same owner owns Albies at 10b. He needs to be played out or given a raise at $5 per year. I would give him a year. He said he would think about it and get back to me tomorrow.

I can't seem to get any bites on Stras, this is a bit surprising to me. Top pitching will be scarce at auction. I won't keep him, maybe they know that.

It looks like i might have to choose between Franchy Cordero $1a and Ryu 9a. The extra 8 bucks helps if I choose Franchy. But I really like Ryu for 9 bucks this year.

1B Freddie Freeman 1B | AT 35Y************certainty aplenty

OF Ronald Acuna OF | ATL 15F **********************duh?
          OF Bryce Harper OF | WAS 46A *************he lands in the perfect team and park
          OF Marcell Ozuna 26B ****************************How much uncertainty are you comfortable with?
          OF Brandon Nimmo OF | NYM 4A *******************

RESERVES
          SS JT Riddle SS | MIA 1A
          1B Brandon Belt 19A

MI Carter Kieboom SS | WAS 15F

P Aaron Nola P | PHI 29A ****************************you say SP is scarce

P Max Scherzer P | WAS 54A ***********How scarce must it be to keep him at this awful cost?
          P Hyun-Jin Ryu 9A ************************Good price
          P Kirby Yates P | SD 3A***********************on a flyer that he closes as expected

RESERVES
          P Stephen Strasburg Wsh 34a****************see Scherzer

Thanks.
          There are 10 keepers, but argument can certainly be made for something different.
          Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
            There are 10 keepers, but argument can certainly be made for something different.
            Thanks Scott.

I posted this in the front and should have mentioned it again. $260 budget 12 team NL only.

Your list comes in at $245. This would leave me $15 dollars for 14 players. That would be new record even for me.

Stras is the odd the man out unless you and the guys talk me out of it. That at least gets me $49 to play auciton with.

Comment

Do you have to keep 10 minimum or is it 10 Max?
              Doesn't everyone enjoy dollar land? lol Last year was the first time in a long time I didn't get there first.
              Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                Do you have to keep 10 minimum or is it 10 Max?
                Doesn't everyone enjoy dollar land? lol Last year was the first time in a long time I didn't get there first.
                10 max for me. Up to 14 max depending on where you finish. That includes rookies.

Comment

Swap Cordero for Stras and/or Osuna. Padres are populous in the OF, but something has to give and Franchy looks like a player.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    Swap Cordero for Stras and/or Osuna. Padres are populous in the OF, but something has to give and Franchy looks like a player.
                    If he is the starter, I will absolutely keep him. If he is not I will drop him and bid him back. It may cost me a few more bucks depending on pre-auction hype.

Harper $45A vs Ozuna 26B (no raise so he is done after this year). Harper's ball park and surrounding cast puts him back on the keeper list. But Ozuna (assuming good results when he takes the field in mid March) plus $20 bucks is pretty enticing too.

What saith the Pen?

Comment

Bumping. Hoping to have several replies by 3:00 Central if you can spare the time.

Thank you.

Comment

Whats your quick inflation estimate? I suspect the break even point is around 30%. If >30% keep Harper, if less keep Ozuna. If close, keep Harper.

Comment

Damn, just got home and missed your 3PM deadline by 5 minutes! Harper should have a crazy good year in CBP. Ozuna has a lot to make up after his down year in '18. You should be ok in either scenario [plus or minus $20., though].
                          Bearin' up!

Comment

Ok, keeper list for the NL are due on Sunday at noon.

I traded $25b Ozuna for Pollock 26 done after this year. Then I traded Pollack and my 12th round res. pick for his 2nd round res. pick (#4 in the round). This allows me to keep $1A Franchy Cordero and have $69 to spend at auction. Kieboom is actually 5F (not 15F as I had posted). He is a valuable in season trading chip that I need to keep.

1B Freddie Freemon 35Y
                            OF Ronald Acuna OF | ATL 15F
                            OF Bryce Harper OF | WAS 46A
                            OF
                            OF Brandon Nimmo OF | NYM 4A

RESERVES
                            SS JT Riddle SS | MIA 1A
                            1B Brandon Belt 19A

MI Carter Kieboom SS | WAS 5F

P Aaron Nola P | PHI 29A

P Max Scherzer P | WAS 54A
                            P
                            P Kirby Yates P | SD 3A

RESERVES
                            P Hyun-Jin Ryu 9A
                            P Stephen Strasburg Wsh 34a

So these are my 10 allowed keepers (including free Kieboom). Would you do anything different? Reserves will be dropped and back in the auction (except Kieboom)

Comment

I think that looks right. Crazy to go into an NL auction already having Max/Nola/Harper/Freeman/Acuna.

Comment

AS JC said, a really nice list! I might question Martinez, but at $4. he can only give value [I think?]. I wound up dropping him at $10. due to the uncertainty of PT.
                                Good luck!
                                Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                                X