NL only keeper list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Referring to his list specifically. Can't really tell you on your list without seeing your personal ranking.
    These 12 are about as far down as I can take it at this time. If I had to cut two more today it would probably be Rodriguez and Happ (thinking I would buy him back at auction).

1B Freddie Freeman 1B | AT 35Y
    2B Ian Happ 2B,3B,OF | CHC 15B

CI Jose Martinez 1B,OF | STL 4B
    OF Ronald Acuna OF | ATL 15F
    OF Franchy Cordero OF | SD 1A
    OF Bryce Harper OF | WAS 46A
    OF Brandon Nimmo OF | NYM 4A

MI Carter Kieboom SS | WAS 15F

P Aaron Nola P | PHI 29A
    P Dereck Rodriguez P | SF 9FA
    P Max Scherzer P | WAS 54A

P Kirby Yates P | SD 3A

Comment

My feeling is that both Rodriguez and Taillon are keepers. If you can fit both on your squad that would be a nice way to go.

Is Taillon worth $9 more than Rodriguez? Maybe. Is he worth extra $9 plus first reserve pick? Less of a maybe. Sounds like your reserve isnt expected to bring significant value; if that's true it's a bit of a coin flip at this point in time. FWIW, Pirates will likely be very mediocre at best in 2019 while the Giants at least have a possibility of improving their team if they spend some of their money.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        My feeling is that both Rodriguez and Taillon are keepers. If you can fit both on your squad that would be a nice way to go.
        Yes. I agree with this too.

Also, based on the players that will be available in the reserve rounds, it doesn't seem like those picks have very much value. I'd easily trade away the 8th overall pick for a keeper of any significance.

Comment

I'd cut Harper in a minute from that list. He's hardly ever come close to earning near $46, and he's gonna be fat, dumb and happy after the new contract he signs.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'd cut Harper in a minute from that list. He's hardly ever come close to earning near $46, and he's gonna be fat, dumb and happy after the new contract he signs.
            I feel the same way, but rather than cut I'd try to find another owner who is in love.

Comment

I feel the same way, but rather than cut I'd try to find another owner who is in love.
              I probably will be able to trade him if/once he signs in the NL. I would not get much for him as it stands. But that is part of why I got him cheap. I gamble like that.

If somehow he would sign with the Cubs I will make out very well.

Comment

Is Taillon worth $9 more than Rodriguez? Maybe. Is he worth extra $9 plus first reserve pick? Less of a maybe. Sounds like your reserve isnt expected to bring significant value; if that's true it's a bit of a coin flip at this point in time. FWIW, Pirates will likely be very mediocre at best in 2019 while the Giants at least have a possibility of improving their team if they spend some of their money.
                I sent the offer got this response yesterday:

I tradeded him last night for a 1st and a third round pick.
                I could have sent you an offer as well, but I started in the other owners direction because his team is pretty sparse of good keepers. I don’t love giving up all those K’s and he’s young and getting better. I preferred giving him away to the team that had less to work with.
                If he’s of said no, I wasn’t opposed to sending him your way.

Love that when this happens...not.

Comment

Losing Taillon, I went after a $9A Ryu.

I traded my 1st round pick (8th overall) and my 8th round pick for Ryu, his 3rd round pick, and his 13th round pick (last pick in the draft).

I then made a two for one with another owner trading my 2 from the list of non-keepers you all suggested. I sent a $15b Margot and a free ($15 when activated) Heliot Ramos for his $26b Marcell Ozuna.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Losing Taillon, I went after a $9A Ryu.

I traded my 1st round pick (8th overall) and my 8th round pick for Ryu, his 3rd round pick, and his 13th round pick (last pick in the draft).

I then made a two for one with another owner trading my 2 from the list of non-keepers you all suggested. I sent a $15b Margot and a free ($15 when activated) Heliot Ramos for his $26b Marcell Ozuna.
                    Like your Osuna trade, especially if the Cards bolster their lineup with a Goldy or Harper.

Comment

Like your Osuna trade, especially if the Cards bolster their lineup with a Goldy or Harper.
                      Thank you. I hope you are right.

Comment

NL only 5x5 12 teams $260 budget OBP instead of ave. and SB-CS. We do have a wrinkle to our rules. Can keep 10-14 depending on where you finish. First and last can keep 10, 2 and 11th can keep 11. 3rd and 10th keep 12, 4th and 9th keep 13, 5th thru 8th keep 14. Rookie status guys count against the keepers but not their salaries. Kieboom gets a slot but he is free.

Y salaries are done after this year and cannot be extended. B salaries can be extended at $5 per year or played out.

I finished last as I was rebuilding. I have also made some trades . I can keep 10. I am stepping out this year and keeping Scherzer at $54. I do not fear going into an auction with little money if the keepers get me enough stats. Acuna is a no brainer at $15.

Given Scherzer and Acuna who would be your other 8 keepers? Thank you.

C Matt Wieters C | WAS 6A
                        1B Freddie Freeman 1B | AT 35Y
                        2B Ian Happ 2B,3B,OF | CHC 15B
                        3B Derek Dietrich 3B,1B,OF | MIA 4B
                        SS JT Riddle SS | MIA 1A

CI Jose Martinez 1B,OF | STL 4B
                        OF Ronald Acuna OF | ATL 15F
                        OF Franchy Cordero OF | SD 1A
                        OF Bryce Harper OF | WAS 46A
                        OF Marcell Ozuna 26B
                        OF Brandon Nimmo OF | NYM 4A
                        U Jung Ho Kang 3B | PIT 8A
                        RESERVES

C Nick Hundley C | SF 1A
                        MI Ryan Flaherty 3B | ATL 8FA
                        MI Carter Kieboom SS | WAS 15F
                        CI Garrett Cooper OF | MIA 10F

P Aaron Nola P | PHI 29A
                        P Dereck Rodriguez P | SF 9FA
                        P Max Scherzer P | WAS 54A
                        P Hyun-Jin Ryu 9A
                        P Kirby Yates P | SD 3A

RESERVES
                        P Jerry Blevins P | NYM 5FA
                        P Yu Darvish P | CHC 33A
                        P Dakota Hudson P | STL 5FA
                        P Tommy Hunter P | PHI 1A
                        P Jake McGee P | COL 10A
                        P Hector Neris P | PHI 25A
                        P Cody Reed P | CIN 5FA
                        P Luke Weaver P | STL 15B
                        I have updated my list to include Ryu and Ozuna.

I have been offered a 37A Starling Marte for My 29 Nola. In a vacuum I would normally do that. With my current roster, shortage of pitching back in the auction. and the extra $8 I am not so sure.

I am considering countering by adding my 35 and done Freeman for his 10A Jesus Aguilar. Saves me 17 bucks and gets me some speed.

Thoughts on all of this?

Comment

I am considering countering by adding my 35 and done Freeman for his 10A Jesus Aguilar. Saves me 17 bucks and gets me some speed.
                          Wait, what?

Comment

Wait, what?
                            First question- Sterling Marte for Nola? I hesitate for reasons above.

I am thinking of a counter by adding Freeman and his Aguilar to the deal. This makes it Sterling Marte (speed) and Jesus Aguilar for Nola and Freeman.

Comment

First question- Sterling Marte for Nola? I hesitate for reasons above.

I am thinking of a counter by adding Freeman and his Aguilar to the deal. This makes it Sterling Marte (speed) and Jesus Aguilar for Nola and Freeman.
                              Ahhh, I was reading that paragraph about Freeman for Aguilar on it's own and wondering how Aguilar was going to give you speed.

Comment

Ahhh, I was reading that paragraph about Freeman for Aguilar on it's own and wondering how Aguilar was going to give you speed.
                                So what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X