US-backed Genocide in Yemen has killed 85,000 children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US-backed Genocide in Yemen has killed 85,000 children

An estimated 85,000 children under the age of five have starved to death over the last three years as a result of Yemen’s civil war, a report from Save the Children has found, as the charity urged an immediate ceasefire to prevent more loss of life.

The figure is a conservative estimate based on UN data on severe acute malnutrition, which the international body says has afflicted more than 1.3 million children since the conflict between Houthi rebels and the Saudi-led coalition that seeks to restore Yemen’s exiled government began in 2015.
    Who's ready to support a candidate that kneecaps the military industrial complex? Which candidate would that be? I feel like only a far left progressive would have the guts to do it (and the only one that could hammer that message home, in economic terms). Sounds like the flip side of the "green new deal" coin... this is "how you pay for it". By the way, Canada supports this shit-show as well, through arms deals with Saudi Arabia.

We are the storm troopers. We are aimless conquerors, whose ceaseless greed will rightly doom us. Holy hell... picturing 85,000 children dead from starvation isn't a fun thought exercise.

Just to keep it focused, let me ask a simple question: "in the current political climate, would you support a candidate that makes a case for ending the wars, adopting anti-interventionist policies, and shaving 20-40% of the defense budget to pay for a green new deal?" There MUST be a ton of waste in that $907 Bn budget. If you connect "green new deal" with "military austerity", I think it's a work-around for "not supporting the military"... if you further talk about the financial hardships undergone by the majority of military service members making less than a living wage, and raising their pay... I think it hits even harder, as you're fighting on behalf of the service members, against the military industrial complex.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-the-children
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

We live in a shitty world TW. Sad to see those kids starving.

Is it worse that 16,000,000 kids in the USA struggle with hunger each year. Maybe I'm a jerk, but I think we need to fix the problem in our own backyard first before the 85,000 kids in Yemen.

Let's not ignore that the Middle East is, and has been for thousands of years, a shit show when it comes to governing people.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Funny how Saudi Arabia, Iran, and even Yemen's government has nothing to do with this.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
        We live in a shitty world TW. Sad to see those kids starving.

Is it worse that 16,000,000 kids in the USA struggle with hunger each year. Maybe I'm a jerk, but I think we need to fix the problem in our own backyard first before the 85,000 kids in Yemen.

Let's not ignore that the Middle East is, and has been for thousands of years, a shit show when it comes to governing people.
        "struggle with hunger" is a far cry from acute malnutrition leading to death.

Your comparison isn't helpful to any discussion.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          "struggle with hunger" is a far cry from acute malnutrition leading to death.

Your comparison isn't helpful to any discussion.
          And what would you have me do in Yemen? Seriously! And what are you doing to help this situation?

I understand you hate the Great Satan, America. We're a shitty people who approve of a lot of shitty actions.

There is one thing I can do to help those kids in Yemen, and that is vote. The reality, I have very little I can do to change anything in Yemen. There is very little anyone of us can, the right wingers, the loony-lefties, et. al.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
            And what would you have me do in Yemen? Seriously! And what are you doing to help this situation?

I understand you hate the Great Satan, America. We're a shitty people who approve of a lot of shitty actions.

There is one thing I can do to help those kids in Yemen, and that is vote. The reality, I have very little I can do to change anything in Yemen. There is very little anyone of us can, the right wingers, the loony-lefties, et. al.
            I asked a pretty clear question in the intro that used your premise. If the only power we have is political, then would you support a candidate who opposed the way things are? My way forward is highlighted in some detail, you're welcome to agree or disagree with my conclusions.

This is a crazy coincidence, but as I type this, Bernie Sanders just posted a video on YouTube titled "US Must Stop Supporting Saudi War in Yemen"... interesting.

Comment

Here are the Top Eight Countries in Childhood Malnutrition

Central African Republic. The Central African Republic (CAR) remains at the top of this list as the “hungriest country in the world.”
              Chad
              Sierra Leone
              Madagascar
              Zambia
              Yemen
              Sudan
              Liberia

You, and most all of us, don't give a fly fuck about these other countries because they don't fit the narrative. No one cares about Chad, or Zambia. Heck, most people know they are in Africa, but couldn't place it on the map. And I'm sure the only reason some people know about Madagascar is for one of two reason, the stupid cartoon movies or it's the island off the coast of Africa with lemurs.

So, TW, go back to trying to show us that you're wringing your hands with anguish about those kids in Yemen tonight. Remember them as you open your Christmas presents, or buy the special gift for your child, or as you enjoy the endless food at your holiday gatherings, both Christmas and New Year's. Also, save a bag of Doritos for the Yemen kids next time you get the munchies after smokin' a bowl. If you really fuckin' care. Sell your possessions and go over there and do some relief work!

Comment

I asked a pretty clear question in the intro that used your premise. If the only power we have is political, then would you support a candidate who opposed the way things are? My way forward is highlighted in some detail, you're welcome to agree or disagree with my conclusions.

This is a crazy coincidence, but as I type this, Bernie Sanders just posted a video on YouTube titled "US Must Stop Supporting Saudi War in Yemen"... interesting.
                There is no perfect candidate that meets all my ideals. The radical right and radical left never listen to the majority of the people in the middle. It's useless debating this.

Comment

I would suggest that we get our noses out of many various countries and focus our attention on the shit show we have in our own yard. Seriously, we have starving (oops excuse me Food Insecure) children, huge homeless populations, veterans dying due to lack of care, drug addicts, other societal plagues - add those numbers up and you probably have millions of people that we should be dealing with and helping make a better life.

We need to step back from proselytizing (or forcing) the good news of Freedom across the world and deal with making sure we have our own bed made. If people want it they will fight for it. Also, stop insisting that we have to bring in X number of people from all over the world. Why keep adding to the issues we currently have?

Yep - there are starving kids in Yemen. There are starving kids all over the whole fucking world.

Your outrage related to this group of Yemen children is not because they are starving - its because someone wrote a story that turned your "Trump is evil" and "Righties need to be gut punched" crank.

Seriously dude - its getting so old. Everytime I see a post from you I wonder what you are going to be raving about and who you are going to be directing your inane amount of pent up vitriol towards. You appear to be so tightly wound up that you would likely shit diamonds if you ate a lump of coal.

Turn it down from 11.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Wow. I havent accused anybody of anything. Nor have I attempted to put myself in any sort of moral high ground. I even mention Canada within the intro...

Have a better day, ITC.

Comment

2 vicious posts about me out of nowhere, in reference to nothing.

The grandstanders in this thread are clear as day.

Comment

Wow. I havent accused anybody of anything. Nor have I attempted to put myself in any sort of moral high ground. I even mention Canada within the intro...

Have a better day, ITC.
                        TW, my response being so animated is my sincere frustration that you continually throw up another post about everything that is wrong in the world today, and that America is the issue.

Don't take me a wrap myself in the flag guy. I'm well versed in the issues America has. What would you have us do? Should we become a total isolationist nation? Do we cut off anything with other nations? Would we be better and viewed better if we moved into isolation? How would that help us and other nations? The issue, IMHO, is America is too big too fail. The world needs us, and sometimes chaos comes from that? I could go on, but it won't advance the conversation.

Again about my vitriol on this subject, you hit a nerve. As someone who daily talks with people in my community that are hungry, I take a lot of issue when someone wants to use hunger as a political tool. Tell me what I should do for the gentleman on my program that suffers from mental health issues and won't turn in his paperwork to continues the services provided by the county. This man calls every weekend and leaves voicemails about how hungry he is, and can't wait for his Monday meal to show up. His services end on Friday, and I know he will be calling on Saturday and Sunday and Monday. Last Wednesday, when we sent him his meals for Thanksgiving, we had to have our driver remind him that the meals he was getting on Wednesday had to last until Sunday. So yeah, hungers the real deal for lots of people living right among us.

Comment

Comment

Have a better day, ITC.
                            Quit playing this trolling game you ass hat! You know exactly what the fuck you are doing! As it pertains to your most current response:

Its not the individual post - its your entire fucking compilation of posting everything that you find that speaks to the narrative of the world you live in. You post all this shit - and then ask some really loaded ass questions like "in the current political climate, would you support a candidate that makes a case for ending the wars, adopting anti-interventionist policies, and shaving 20-40% of the defense budget to pay for a green new deal?"

If anyone states or provides an opinion that doesnt accept your premise - you jump down their fucking throat and tell them what a horrible, vile and evil person they are - this coming from experience more than one time. Thats just how your threads and posts go - then after everyone is bitching and pissing - you just state "I didnt say anything bad" or "I never took the moral high ground" and then you back that up by saying that you have apologized countless times to people via PM (and that your box is full of them)....

You take the topic of 80,000 starving kids in a country and turn it not into a thread about how do we help these kids, but rather - how can you support the current administration and because you support them - well your an asshole.

It just gets so old!
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Yep - Im an asshole and Im tired of your bullshit!

Here's what I find genuinely funny. That whole blow up you had with a couple people that called you Trumpish. Dude - I erased a post in that same thread stating that you come across the way some others described it. I didnt post it, because well at the time I just didnt want to deal with your crying about it. I laughed out loud when I saw someone else put it out there and a couple others appeared to take it up also.

Ohhh whoa is you.....

Comment

Working...
                              X