2018 Fantasy Breakout & Bargain Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Fantasy Breakout & Bargain Team

With the fantasy regular season close to being in the books (how can that be, we just finished baseball season!!!), let's take a look at the fantasy breakouts and bargains for the 2018 season. Top picks like Saquon Barkley were already expected to breakout, so they won't be under consideration:

QB1 - Patrick Mahomes -- the likely NFL & fantasy MVP. Had for a song, and if you own him, you're likely locked into a playoff spot
    QB2 - Mitchell Trubisky -- an afterthought from last year, Trubisky became a solid starter (and at one point, he was a Top 5 QB ROS) and should be one next year
    QB3 - Baker Mayfield -- took over the job in Week 3 and hasn't looked back. On his way to becoming a fantasy QB1.
    Also considered: Jared Goff (a little too high a fantasy pick, but established as a QB1), Ryan Fitzpatrick (FitzMagik was back, at least for a couple of games)

RB1 - James Conner -- whoda thunk it? Was expected to be a 4-to-8 week plug n'play, became the new Le'Veon Bell
    RB2 - Phillip Lindsay -- from the waiver wire to RB1
    RB3 - Nick Chubb -- the Browns saw the signs and moved Hyde to give him the job. His early season backers were rewarded handsomely.
    Also considered: Aaron Jones, Marlon Mack, Tarik Cohen, James White, Adrian Peterson, Chris Carson

WR1 - Robert Woods -- the Rams picked him off the scrap heap and now he's a locked-in WR1
    WR2 - Tyler Boyd -- believe it or not, he's been better than AJ Green! All for a couple of bucks in FAAB
    WR3 - Kenny Golladay -- was a hype machine last year, but lived up to it this year
    Also considered: Mike Williams, Calvin Ridley, Cooper Kupp, DJ Moore, Tre'Quan Smith

Flex1 - Matt Breida -- got his shot when Jerick McKinnon went down, and he's been great ever since
    Flex2 - Tyler Lockett -- has emerged as Seattle's top WR

TE1 - George Kittle -- the new Gronk
    TE2 - Eric Ebron -- leads the NFL in TD receptions(?)
    Also considered: OJ Howard, Jared Cook, Austin Hooper

DST1 - Bears -- probably went undrafted, and another reason not to get snookered drafting a DST too early

Revo, great list as always. Some quick notes from my two leagues:

- Neither Chubb nor Golladay were values in either of my leagues. My auction league, which is a $200 league and a PPR league, had Chubb going for 24 and Golladay going for 21. They're certainly delivering above that value, but nor were they bargain bin guys in my leagues. I'll admit I thought the guys bidding up Chubb were strongly Coors Light influenced.
    - Bears D was tied for our second highest auction cost for a D/ST, and were also taken as the third D/ST in my draft league.
    - Andrew Luck was a $2 QB in my auction league, and I got him on the last reserve pick in my draft league. He's been a dream Griswold-consistency machine for me.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Revo, great list as always. Some quick notes from my two leagues:

- Neither Chubb nor Golladay were values in either of my leagues. My auction league, which is a $200 league and a PPR league, had Chubb going for 24 and Golladay going for 21. They're certainly delivering above that value, but nor were they bargain bin guys in my leagues. I'll admit I thought the guys bidding up Chubb were strongly Coors Light influenced.
      - Bears D was tied for our second highest auction cost for a D/ST, and were also taken as the third D/ST in my draft league.
      - Andrew Luck was a $2 QB in my auction league, and I got him on the last reserve pick in my draft league. He's been a dream Griswold-consistency machine for me.
      Interesting. I went by redraft round values. Chubb went 12th round, Golladay 10th, Bears 16th (2nd to last DST drafted) in my draft.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Interesting. I went by redraft round values. Chubb went 12th round, Golladay 10th, Bears 16th (2nd to last DST drafted) in my draft.
        In 2 of 3 of my 12 team leagues, Chubb was drafted and then cut after a few games when people got impatient and were hitting the bye week crunch.

When I saw the news of the Hyde trade, I ran to pick him up, but unfortunately only was able to log onto one team at a time so I only got him in 1 of the 2 leagues. Fortunately, it was the league that I needed him more as the other league has Conner and Hunt, with Lindsay at flex.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Bears 16th (2nd to last DST drafted) in my draft.
          Before or after they traded for Mack? I suspect that played a big role in where the Bears were drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Before or after they traded for Mack? I suspect that played a big role in where the Bears were drafted.
            I would suspect the vast majority of drafts were held before Mack's trade on Sept 2nd (NFL season started on Sept 6th).

Comment

Working...
            X