the story of cats and dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    she's titling her head for the picture. that show's she is right there.

also, did you know all calico cats are female. the colors are on the X chromosome. i think it also involves active X switching too. like you need to have 2 X chromosomes to have it. so when someone says i have a calico cat and it's a female, they don't know all calico's are female. what is a calico anyways, is it 3 colors? very rarely a male can do it. and i guess they are worth a lot of money due to it's rareness.

active X switching is where something on the X chromosome that a female usually uses gets defective, and she digs into her reserve or extra X chromosome and uses that part for it instead. this is why women aren't as prone to color blindness as much as men. among other things. they even say they can see different shades of colors more than men. for example, we'll put on a pair of socks that we think match, but to a women active X switching, she'll see the slightest difference in color and think we put on socks that don't match.
    This applies to tourtoiseshell as well.

The CFA now recognizes tourtoiseshell as a distinct breed for purposes of their shows.

BTW Her name is Maribel. It's a word play on her marble-like coat. The calico is Betty White(tail). If you saw 102 Dalmations, Betty is the opposite of Dipstick.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

haven't seen Teenwolf in a little while after this thread. i worry that i caused some sense of nihilism when i talked about how we all eat each other.

he's right when it comes to eating meat. and i salute him. i was a vegetarian for many years, but this shit is complicated. from eating meat, to using products with oil, AND DON'T FUCKING KID YOURSELVES ABOUT PALM OIL. don't make me post a video of an orangutan that just had his whole forest destroyed and climbed the last lonely tree standing, only to be talked down by wildlife rescuers like at the fucking end of the movie Rambo.

i have my own problems, you know. but it is true, yes. everything has a life that is important to them.

Comment

Working...
      X