Early Look at the 2019 Fantasy Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    In a non-PPR league, I take Zeke ahead of Kamara, too. Even in PPR leagues, it's getting pretty dicey - Zeke only has a handful fewer catches and about 90 yards less than Kamara to date, and Kamara's PPG dropped a lot once Ingram was back.
    Ingram presumably will be gone next year as an UFA.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Ingram presumably will be gone next year as an UFA.
      I should have been clearer - it's pretty apparent NO like having the big body RB to pair with Kamara, so even with Ingram gone, I suspect they'll have someone else in a similar role next year. Kamara's still a great RB, but Zeke is really improving in the passing game, and I don't think the TD differential between Kamara and Zeke that happened this year will repeat.

I sure wouldn't be heartbroken if I had to go into next year with Kamara as my RB1, but I do like Zeke one or two picks more.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I should have been clearer - it's pretty apparent NO like having the big body RB to pair with Kamara, so even with Ingram gone, I suspect they'll have someone else in a similar role next year. Kamara's still a great RB, but Zeke is really improving in the passing game, and I don't think the TD differential between Kamara and Zeke that happened this year will repeat.

I sure wouldn't be heartbroken if I had to go into next year with Kamara as my RB1, but I do like Zeke one or two picks more.
        You're probably right. After this recent stretch by Zeke, he's as safe as they come.

Comment

Derrick Henry is making a bullet for the first round. He’s at least a 3rd rounder now.

Comment

Derrick Henry is making a bullet for the first round. He’s at least a 3rd rounder now.
            We'll see....he has to keep this up for this week and next.

If he bombs this week and next....he'll be a 5th rounder, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              We'll see....he has to keep this up for this week and next.

If he bombs this week and next....he'll be a 5th rounder, maybe.
              They're running the entire offense through him, and have finally realized that Dion Lewis is nothing more than a scatback. Henry actually has a career 4.6 YPC average. His issue was always touches, but I think that's no longer the case. This is a pedigreed Heisman winner, so I'm much more confident in him then say, Alex Collins last year.

Also making a beeline for the Top 3 rounds is Dalvin Cook, who finally appears over his injuries.

Comment

week 15 made drafting Dalvin Cook all worth it. it's probably not often that happens.

Henry still doesn't catch passes and the NFL has changed. when you hear things like PIT hasn't lost when they have led by 18 points in 20 or 30 years, or NE and MIA have never each scored 3 touchdowns in the first half playing each other...things or records that are decades old. it's the rule changes, and the referee's enforcing them. it's a different game now. for example, you'll never be able to draft a top defense and say ok i can pretty much play them every week. i'd be surprised to find any defense that didn't get negative points at some point this year.

RB's like Gurley or Zeke weren't catching many passes when they first started. and you'd never confuse them with LaDainian Tomlinson. i wasn't sure at first if Gurley ever would. he's gotten a lot better but they worked at it. i think it started with Jeff Fisher just out of need because the offense sucked so much. but it looked pretty awkward at first. but the Rams became dedicated throwing him the ball, and it seemed to have blossomed.

i don't see that happening to Henry. something changed in TEN this year. did they get some OL back that were injured? how can you explain why Henry is getting the ball so much now? i like Henry, i drafted him every year, and every year he never gets the ball enough. and that's mostly up to the coaches not a knock on Henry. if i was a DE i'd be having nightmares about any sweeps coming to my side because Henry looks like he's ready to go 80 yards if he gets any blocking every time.

the guy is cursed. because he's never gotten the ball consistently you have to go with history. fantasywise i don't like Mike Vrabel, but the guy has to be some kind of genius to be ale to play small ball and win in this new NFL. and that's the exact situation you can't trust in the future to be able to say he'll be predictable, because he won't.

this has all the makings of a massive tease. a good RB that has never gotten the ball enough because of the system, and then when you finally expect it to happen, it doesn't again. and then you get a couple games at the end of the season and suddenly everything is forgotten. and the player moves up a lot in the draft on false hopes of more playing time.

he'll never be a third down RB. in today's NFL all your RB's have to be 3 down backs. and in some cases you may even need just a 3rd down back as a RB1 like James White. even Alvin Kamara is really a 3rd down back. on any other team besides NO he wouldn't be getting the ball enough. but this is the new NFL, i doubt you'll be seeing 2 down RB's like him or Adrian Peterson or LaGarrett Blount at all on the future.

and even though i just explained why, i really don't know why. or why it puts teams at a disadvantage when you have a 2 down RB and you want to throw the ball. safeties come up expecting the run and you still can't throw the ball. maybe it has something to do with being able to changing or adjusting plays at the line of scrimmage. or maybe 2 down RB's are bad at pass blocking.

Comment

They're running the entire offense through him, and have finally realized that Dion Lewis is nothing more than a scatback. Henry actually has a career 4.6 YPC average. His issue was always touches, but I think that's no longer the case. This is a pedigreed Heisman winner, so I'm much more confident in him then say, Alex Collins last year.

Also making a beeline for the Top 3 rounds is Dalvin Cook, who finally appears over his injuries.
                  I agree with Cook....I'm still leary about Henry, but time will tell.

Some of the coaching decisions like Gore over Drake, Cohen over Howard and inconsistent use of Alex Collins, have been a kick in the nuts to those players and Fantasy owners.

Comment

consistent
                    There it is.
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Just updated the Top 36.

Dropping off: Hunt, Gronkowski, K. Johnson, Cooks, AJ Green. If I were a betting man, I think there's a good shot that Gronk retires.
                      Added: Henry, Cook, Kittle, Woods, Cooper

Rising: Zeke into Tier 2, Hopkins into Tier 4
                      Falling: David Johnson from Tier 3 to Tier 5

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                        i'd be surprised to find any defense that didn't get negative points at some point this year.
                        not only has Chicago never been negative, but they've only had five weeks out of 14 that weren't in double digits.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          not only has Chicago never been negative, but they've only had five weeks out of 14 that weren't in double digits.
                          shit my opponent in the championship game has CHI. no wonder he came in first without making a lot of moves. ..yeah that's impressive for a defense. it must've been nice to have that defense.

so get Chicago's defense next year or bust! ..i wonder if it will be too hard to play match ups if the NFL keeps going like this.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            so get Chicago's defense next year or bust!
                            That strategy doesn't work. Trust me.

(coming from the guy who drafted Jacksonville)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              That strategy doesn't work. Trust me.

(coming from the guy who drafted Jacksonville)

i wonder how teams are even going to be effective playing defense in real life with so many penalties being called. i am thinking teams that can rush the QB are more important than ever now.

here's another stat of firsts i heard, before 2 weekends ago DAL had never had a QB throw 400 a RB run 100 a WR catch 200 in a game before.

Comment

I agree with Cook....I'm still leary about Henry, but time will tell.

Some of the coaching decisions like Gore over Drake, Cohen over Howard and inconsistent use of Alex Collins, have been a kick in the nuts to those players and Fantasy owners.
                                This was a perfect summary of 2018 for many people's season.

Comment

Working...
                                X