Page 740 of 740 FirstFirst ... 240640690730738739740
Results 7,391 to 7,398 of 7398

Thread: Election 2020

  1. #7391
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Interesting article on how Real Clear Politics is shifting right:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/u...-politics.html
    I love how the Times quote Cook. I’ll just note RCP, while not doing really well, kicked Cook on accuracy by a notable margin. Any news source that would trust anyone or anything from Cook right now has essentially zero credibility.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

  2. #7392
    All Star madducks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Posts
    6,385
    "It is not in the power of this Court to violate the Constitution," Judge Matthew Brann of the US District Court in the Middle District of Pennsylvania wrote on Saturday in a withering decision, hours after the final round of filings in the case came in. The judge wholeheartedly rejected the Trump campaign's attempt to throw out the Pennsylvania vote, noting that Biden has won the state and results will be certified by state officials on Monday. Biden has a margin of more than 81,000 votes in the state.

    "In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more," the judge wrote. "At bottom, Plaintiffs have failed to meet their burden to state a claim upon which relief may be granted."

    "The answer to invalidated ballots is not to invalidate millions more," Brann wrote.
    Brann, a Republican, also admonished the Trump campaign for presenting no factual proof of voter fraud or other allegations -- evidence that Giuliani and Trump's supporters have repeatedly said is in the works but has never materialized.

    The Trump campaign on Saturday night said they would appeal Brann's ruling, and quickly, with the intention of taking the case to the US Supreme Court.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/polit...uit/index.html

  3. #7393
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,838
    And now Trump has asked for a recount (another one) in GA, he can because the votes are within the recount margin and because the first recount was done by GA itself. he's like a fucking rash that just won't go away.

    On a brighter note, GA Trump supporters have threatened to destroy the GOP by boycotting the runoff election if GA doesn't give Trump his way and declare him the winner. I say--great fucking Idea Trumpers--give control of the senate to the Dems and then go start your own country cuz if that happens, you'll see more legislations crammed through congress before 2022 than any other 2 year period in history.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #7394
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    21,807
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    And now Trump has asked for a recount (another one) in GA, he can because the votes are within the recount margin and because the first recount was done by GA itself. he's like a fucking rash that just won't go away.

    On a brighter note, GA Trump supporters have threatened to destroy the GOP by boycotting the runoff election if GA doesn't give Trump his way and declare him the winner. I say--great fucking Idea Trumpers--give control of the senate to the Dems and then go start your own country cuz if that happens, you'll see more legislations crammed through congress before 2022 than any other 2 year period in history.
    I love this. GOP is the "party of law & order" -- unless they lose an election, then the rules no longer matter. Fucking hypocrites.

  5. #7395
    All Star madducks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Posts
    6,385
    President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani made a rare appearance as an advocate in a courtroom this week in a baseless and hopeless effort to invalidate Joe Biden's victory.
    Addressing the former New York City mayor, who was parroting Trump's lie about massive voter fraud, US District Court Judge Matthew Brann posed a devastating question at the hearing on Tuesday.

    "You're alleging that the two individual plaintiffs were denied the right to vote. But at bottom, you're asking this court to invalidate more than 6.8 million votes, thereby disenfranchising every single voter in the Commonwealth (Pennsylvania). Could you tell me how this result could possibly be justified?"

    On Saturday, the judge effectively answered his own question by dismissing the lawsuit and saying, "this Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations...and unsupported by evidence."

  6. #7396
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I love how the Times quote Cook. I’ll just note RCP, while not doing really well, kicked Cook on accuracy by a notable margin. Any news source that would trust anyone or anything from Cook right now has essentially zero credibility.
    It was the Times, so there you go.

    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    I love this. GOP is the "party of law & order" -- unless they lose an election, then the rules no longer matter. Fucking hypocrites.
    They are still following the rules, so I don't get your complaint.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

  7. #7397
    All Star madducks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Posts
    6,385

  8. #7398
    Journeyman frae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,264
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    My conclusion: Frae, despite the crap I gave him about the Cunningham race, is ten times smarter than the Cook Political Report. I have spoken.
    First I am definitely not lol but thanks. Secondly I think Rasmussen had republicans winning the house in 2018 so while not a good night for cook on those likely lean D races and definitely not a good night for Dems in the house that 2018 prediction was pretty bad.

    Lastly putting a bow on the 2020 Presidential election Biden moved 4 full points ahead today and over 6 million votes ahead

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...president.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •