Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    "We live a happy healthy lifestyle and are really lucky in our minds.

I can't imagine anyone living a similar life being against Sanders and his policies.

Again, I doubt I'll get many answers, but I have to imagine those opposing Sanders are doing much better financially and understandably don't want to risk what they have or the chance the economy might take a hit because his policies alienate the corporate barons and wealthy."

First let me say I am truly glad you are happy with your lives.

Why did you make the comment that those who are doing much better financially would not want to risk it voting for Sanders? Why specifically would that be a risk to them? At what income level would it be at risk?

I have worked hard in my career (I have also delivered pizza to keep my house) to earn my income. I like my job. It provides me and mine with a nice life. We still have to watch it, but our needs are met. Why would I want to risk it
    We've all had menial jobs, we've all worked hard (or at least I'll give everyone else the benefit of the doubt because I know I have) Society rewards certain jobs fiscally over others and not in the importance they serve to society or the general welfare of others.

I guess what I should have said is--If I can get by on 35K a year, so can everybody. Or at least they should be able to. To have more, nicer car, nicer home, clothes, stuff--is nice and I'm sure you feel you've earned every bit of it--but you haven't worked that much harder in your lifetime than I (if harder at all) and yet you have more. Even still--THAT'S OK even to Sanders--He's not targeting you unless Pizza delivery have allowed you to amass 3.5 million in net worth.

As to those not wanting to risk it--I UNDERSTAND--I just wouldn't make the same choice, maybe because I know how to get by on less I'd gladly live on what I have forgoing 'more' to allow others to have at least what I have. BUT it'll never even come to that--Sanders is NOT targeting people like you Or Brian Or anyone here in the forum, he's targeting the machine and even if you lost ALL value in your 401K, you'd still have enough to keep your lifestyle to a point. I guess I see luxury as something people should gladly forgo to contribute to the greater good. Most people who are for Sanders share similar ideology.

I understand it, I just disagree with the reasoning--and not trying to make things similar, I UNDERSTAND the reasoning behind those who support Trump, I just disagree with that reasoning as well--though that's apples and oranges.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Is there any remaining doubt that it's Trump's election to lose?

J
      Gee, J, way to pop back into the discussion when Trump hits his highest approval rating of his presidency. You sure got us this time!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Gee, J, way to pop back into the discussion when Trump hits his highest approval rating of his presidency. You sure got us this time!
        I guess jerking off to Fox News CAN get old...…….
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I'm part of the 9.9% but I supported Sanders in 2016 and will enthusiastically do so again if he's the nominee.

The gilded future of the top 10 percent—and the end of opportunity for everyone else

Most of my closer friends are as well, and they are all all-in no matter who the nominee is as well. Except one guy who wants Bloomberg but probably won't vote for any of the others. He despises Trump though so he wouldn't vote for him.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• wow, just saw this regarding Bloomberg. I have to imagine it will be problematic

---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              wow, just saw this regarding Bloomberg. I have to imagine it will be problematic

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/s...73723720396808
              Nauseating but not surprising really, as everyone recognized it was a racist policy to begin with.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Nauseating but not surprising really, as everyone recognized it was a racist policy to begin with.
                I agree. It isn't surprising, however, these are fairly recent recordings and will make it clear that he is insincere in his apologies. He had recently surged in popularity among Blacks, as Biden sank. I suspect that may change with more scrutiny
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• FWIW, $350 is 1/100th of your annual salary, not 1/10. #NOTmathnerd

$350 a MONTH comes out to $4200 a year and is actually More than a 1/10 of my annual salary, thanks for the Help.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    If every Racist, Homophobe, Misogynist, Bigot, Xenophobe, Nationalist, Science Denying, Fact Ignoring, Lie Accepting, Hypocritical, and/or Fake Christian who is absolutely going to vote only for Trump is joined by the Selfish, Greedy and Callous who are more interested in their own welfare than others or the Nation in general.

Then sure--he has a chance to win another 4 years.
                    Those too, I suppose. Mostly ordinary people that like what this administration has done. Did you know that Iowa had a record turn out for the Republican caucus.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Those too, I suppose. Mostly ordinary people that like what this administration has done. Did you know that Iowa had a record turn out for the Republican caucus.

J
                      That’s absolutely incorrect. There were 32,000 who turned out for the 2020 GOP Iowa Causcus. Your boy Ted Cruz got 52,000 votes alone in the 2016 Iowa Caucus.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        That’s absolutely incorrect. There were 32,000 who turned out for the 2020 GOP Iowa Causcus. Your boy Ted Cruz got 52,000 votes alone in the 2016 Iowa Caucus.
                        Oh but wait I'm sure there's an explanation!
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Oh but wait I'm sure there's an explanation!
                          I will guess it. It was a record for an unopposed incumbent, so a caucus that did not really matter (I am just guessing this, I do not know or care enough to look it up). Of course, that is not at all what 1jay said, but he likes to be blatantly wrong, but using vague language that later allows him to clarify something closer to truth, so us lefties can go ape correcting him, and then he has an out to continue to poke us. In that, he shares something with his esteemed POTUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I will guess it. It was a record for an unopposed incumbent, so a caucus that did not really matter (I am just guessing this, I do not know or care enough to look it up). Of course, that is not at all what 1jay said, but he likes to be blatantly wrong, but using vague language that later allows him to clarify something closer to truth, so us lefties can go ape correcting him, and then he has an out to continue to poke us. In that, he shares something with his esteemed POTUS.
                            The last three Republican incumbents ran unopposed, so there ya go. New world record!

Comment

• My bad, I was wrong, as I just read Bill Weld got a delegste in Iowa, so I guess trump is not unipposed. My new gyess is 1jay will ignore Revo's factual correction, and may instead post a comment about how John McCain stood agaisnt Trump, but that does not matter anymore, because he is dead. Oh wait, he already did that. Darn. I am out of guesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I agree. It isn't surprising, however, these are fairly recent recordings and will make it clear that he is insincere in his apologies. He had recently surged in popularity among Blacks, as Biden sank. I suspect that may change with more scrutiny
                                Although if u see him and Obama in a commercial 3 timea a night maybe a tweet that no one will see wont really matter
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X