Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I'm very disagreeable so I think it's fair game.
    I disagree
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      I CAN say, that as much as I love and respect you Fly--You're not a progressive. You might want to rebrand centrists Dems with that Moniker and push Sanders over into Che Guevara land, but No --You're the status Quo. And that's ok, just don't steal are gloss, cuz you know--Romey don't allow any self glossing here in the Jungle.
      What's your definition of a progressive? I support single-payer government health care. I support restoring FDR-level marginal tax rates. I support free public college. I support decriminalizing marijuana. I support a $15 minimum wage or a guaranteed basic income. I support reparations for slavery/Jim Crow. I support unisex bathrooms and think government health insurance should cover sex change operations. I think it should cover abortion. I think we should pass the Equal Rights Amendment. I could go on.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        What's your definition of a progressive? I support single-payer government health care. I support restoring FDR-level marginal tax rates. I support free public college. I support decriminalizing marijuana. I support a $15 minimum wage or a guaranteed basic income. I support reparations for slavery/Jim Crow. I support unisex bathrooms and think government health insurance should cover sex change operations. I think it should cover abortion. I think we should pass the Equal Rights Amendment. I could go on.
        Then how can you not support Sanders because no ene else in the field supports your platform except him..
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Then how can you not support Sanders because no ene else in the field supports your platform except him..
          He was my second choice and is now probably my first choice. I felt Warren had the skills to design and execute policies more effectively. I think she's brilliant and detail oriented in a way that Sanders is not. I've spent most of my career as a government internal auditor, so I know how the most exciting and most morally-forward ideas can fail if not planned and executed effectively. That's why I've been a Warren supporter. But I will definitely vote for Sanders over Biden. And then I'll enthusiastically back whoever wins over Trump because Trump is uniquely horrible in so many ways, and because I'm practical and will take half a loaf today over none at all if it will make people's lives better and a full loaf isn't achievable today. I won't stop advocating for the full loaf after we've got the half loaf. But I won't reject the half loaf.

Comment

He was my second choice and is now probably my first choice. I felt Warren had the skills to design and execute policies more effectively. I think she's brilliant and detail oriented in a way that Sanders is not. I've spent most of my career as a government internal auditor, so I know how the most exciting and most morally-forward ideas can fail if not planned and executed effectively. That's why I've been a Warren supporter. But I will definitely vote for Sanders over Biden. And then I'll enthusiastically back whoever wins over Trump because Trump is uniquely horrible in so many ways, and because I'm practical and will take half a loaf today over none at all if it will make people's lives better and a full loaf isn't achievable today. I won't stop advocating for the full loaf after we've got the half loaf. But I won't reject the half loaf.
            Demand full loafs

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I misunderstood your answer to Gregg's question of who would be the worst Dem Candidate, I thought your answer was Sanders.

I agree Warren makes better plans, but until I see what path she takes going forward, I still have questions about her motivations.

If your platform is what you state it to be, the--Welcome to the Revolution! I have an extra beret if you'd like one.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• On of the best things about Biden being the nominee is I believe it puts Pa solidly in his column. I know what the polls say about Sanders vs Trump there, but I think that Pa’s age (I believe it has the oldest population in the US) and Sanders wanting to ban fracking (Pa trails only Texas in fracking jobs) would have made it very tough for him to win. If Pa goes to Biden, his path to winning gets much, much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Demand full loafs
                  If you don't your a Loafer? Wait....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• NEW: Top surrogates and allies of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are discussing ways for their two camps to unite and push a common liberal agenda, with the expectation Warren is likely to leave the presidential race soon. From @AnnieLinskey
                    @WaPoSean

Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      NEW: Top surrogates and allies of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are discussing ways for their two camps to unite and push a common liberal agenda, with the expectation Warren is likely to leave the presidential race soon. From @AnnieLinskey
                      @WaPoSean

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1235352750004875265
                      See, that makes sense to me. Together they offer a strong duo to push for change. Biden will need to listen to them if he wants to beat Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        On of the best things about Biden being the nominee is I believe it puts Pa solidly in his column. I know what the polls say about Sanders vs Trump there, but I think that Pa’s age (I believe it has the oldest population in the US) and Sanders wanting to ban fracking (Pa trails only Texas in fracking jobs) would have made it very tough for him to win. If Pa goes to Biden, his path to winning gets much, much easier.
                        I live in PA and I'm not sure about this. I think it will be close with him or without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          NEW: Top surrogates and allies of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are discussing ways for their two camps to unite and push a common liberal agenda, with the expectation Warren is likely to leave the presidential race soon. From @AnnieLinskey
                          @WaPoSean

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1235352750004875265
                          From that link...the reason why caucuses need to be abolished:
                          Stacey Abrams
                          @staceyabrams
                          ·
                          13h
                          Four #SuperTuesday states moved from caucuses to primaries this year.

CO participation is up 517% from 2016 and still counting
                          ME is up 304% and still counting
                          MN is up 264%
                          UT is up 120% and still counting

Democracy is stronger when more people are able to participate.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Speaking of voter turnout, i heard on talk radio that in the state of Texas more than 700 polling locations have been closed since 2008. And that is why voters in Texas have to stand in line for up to 7 hours to vote. That sure smells like voter suppression to me. And i'm hearing similar stories about long waits in California.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• To the people claiming Trump vs Biden in a debate would be a wash, I strongly disagree.

Watch Trump elicit a standing ovation at CPAC for his summary of the Democratic primary race. His comedic timing, stage presence, it's all in top form. He can absolutely embarrass and enfeeble Biden in ways that cannot be fathomed... Biden has been quick to anger and outbursts when questioned by average voters... imagine him facing Trump when he's in peak form, as in this clip.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I misunderstood your answer to Gregg's question of who would be the worst Dem Candidate, I thought your answer was Sanders.

I agree Warren makes better plans, but until I see what path she takes going forward, I still have questions about her motivations.

If your platform is what you state it to be, the--Welcome to the Revolution! I have an extra beret if you'd like one.
                                If you look back, you can see that Sanders was my answer to nots' question about who we thought would win the Democratic nomination. (This was before South Carolina and Super Tuesday. I now suspect Biden will win.) I listed Biden as my least favorite among the top five. But since I now expect him to win, I'm preparing myself to get excited about him and do what I can to support him through to victory should he be the nominee, even though I'm still likely to toss a vote to Sanders in New Jersey if he's still competing at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X