No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to call you elite, Brian. Wealthy post grad liberal Democrat. You are her base.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      I would imagine that the lion's share of undecided/persuadable voters are Christian in one denomination or another by self-identification, and that as undecided/persuadable voters (rather than right-wing diehards) they were willing and able to accept Barack Obama's Christian bona fides based on his self-identification and church affiliation.
      i was a little surprised to find that something like 75% of Americans identify themselves as Christian. It would be great if 75% of Americans could be identified by others as being Christian
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Progressive host warns other progressives not to attack Elizabeth Warren, and she is angry. It almost plays like she's screaming at me. I'll concede her main premise, but I dont think highlighting the major differences is divisive. I think it's better than the lazy narrative that "they're basically the same". But I'm sure it will become more clear in upcoming debates.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Biden playing loose with the truth again:
          Bid farewell to Joe Biden. I say that with regret, for the former vice president is the nicest of fellows, lacking malice, who likes people and likes doing something for them. Yet, his gaffes conti…

Perhaps senility?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            Biden playing loose with the truth again:
            Bid farewell to Joe Biden. I say that with regret, for the former vice president is the nicest of fellows, lacking malice, who likes people and likes doing something for them. Yet, his gaffes conti…

Perhaps senility?
            I remember when Reagan started to go. It was fine one day and then quickly the missteps started, then he disappeared.

Very sad to watch in anyone.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              I remember when Reagan started to go. It was fine one day and then quickly the missteps started, then he disappeared.

Very sad to watch in anyone.
              Reagan fell apart so quickly. Looked great on the 84 campaign trail and by the end of 85 was a shell of his former self. And he was younger than Biden.

Comment

• Latest national poll only has Biden waxing Dopey. The others beat him but not within the margin of error:

Code:
                General Election: Trump vs. Biden	IBD/TIPP	Biden 54, Trump 42	[B]Biden +12[/B]
                General Election: Trump vs. Warren	IBD/TIPP	Warren 49, Trump 46	Warren +3
                General Election: Trump vs. Sanders	IBD/TIPP	Sanders 49, Trump 45	Sanders +4
                General Election: Trump vs. Harris	IBD/TIPP	Harris 49, Trump 46	Harris +3

Two Dem polls has Biden on top (one by a yuuge margin), but in the Investors Business Daily poll, Warren is surging and Sanders is slumping:

Code:
                2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	Harvard-Harris	Biden 32, Warren 13, Sanders 16, Harris 7, Buttigieg 4, Booker 3, Yang 2, O'Rourke 4, Gabbard 1, Castro 1, Klobuchar 1, Bullock, Bennet	Biden +16
                2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	IBD/TIPP	Biden 28, [B]Warren 24[/B], Sanders 12, Harris 6, Buttigieg 5, Booker 4, Yang 1, O'Rourke 0, Gabbard 0, Castro 1, Klobuchar 1, Bullock 0, Bennet 0	Biden +4

Comment

• Marquette University poll shows Biden and Bernie winning the key battleground state of Wisconsin,but only Biden ahead of the margin of error:

Code:
                  Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	Marquette	Biden 51, Trump 42	[B]Biden +9[/B]
                  Wisconsin: Trump vs. Sanders	Marquette	Sanders 48, Trump 44	Sanders +4
                  Wisconsin: Trump vs. Warren	Marquette	Warren 45, Trump 45	Tie
                  Wisconsin: Trump vs. Harris	Marquette	Trump 44, Harris 44	Tie

Comment

• I have always liked Biden, even if I don't agree with him on everything. I think he has been a great public servant who sincerely cares about his job and the people he serves. I still like Biden, but I worry about what I am seeing from him.

I am getting very worried casual voters will keep backing the name without seeing that maybe Joe isn't in tip top shape for a long campaign and a four year term....until it is too late. That last bit is the scariest part. Frankly, I'd vote for a diminished Biden, or Biden in a coma over Trump, but his poll numbers so far indicate that maybe people are not paying as much attention early as I'd hope. I just don't want Biden carried to the nomination and THEN voters go, wait, is this guy up to this?

And now conservative outlets are running with the fact that it looks like Biden burst a vessel in his eye while talking about climate tonight. It isn't a good look, as they smell blood in the water, (or, literally, see blood in his eye) and seem to be running with the narrative that Biden may keel over or forget his own name any day now.

Substantively, I wish he were tougher on climate change. It is one of the issues I am less accepting of a moderate position on. But based on polling so far, I am not sure too many voters have started to pay attention. It is worrying.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-04-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Sour Masher, there's still a ton of time for Biden to crater, have no fear. The bloody eye thing is a seemingly random occurrence, but it's happening in conjunction with him losing his faculties. His climate speech was terrible, rambling, incoherent. He kept saying "what are we doing?", and he looked totally incapable of defending the fundraiser with a fossil fuel exec. I expect him to bow out for health reasons, once he dips to 3rd in polling, or maybe a few months, or maybe whenever something scandalous or health-related happens. But he's not making it through 10 more debates, much higher visibility and scrutiny. Tonight was a horrible showing for him. Next week's debate will be even worse.

In the 3rd debate, for those who don't know, its Biden dead center, Warren and Sanders flanking him left/right. He gonna get whiplash being smacked back and forth.

Comment

• I will be watching out for how Sanders and Warren respond to Biden in the next debate. Will they decide it is time to take him on head on?

One thing that was good in seeing some of the climate town halls is that this is clearly an issue that many candidates realize is serious. Finally. It may be too late, but I do hope whoever gets the nomination and wins the presidency will follow through on this. Harris, especially, surprised me with how aggressive her stated positions were on this. Banning fracking--not sure how that will play, but it was one of her bolder statements. She certainly doesn't seem to be taking a centrist position on this issue. I do hope the Dems can navigate this issue in a way that is both aggressive and forward thinking, but doesn't scare people off with the fears of costs and lost jobs. I'm hoping the sell is well made about innovations in green energy bringing new jobs.

Comment

• Much more concerning about Biden than his physical deterioration, he keeps blatantly lying. When asked about his lies, he refuses to admit them. The story about the soldier and the medal was one thing, but he's been shown to be blatantly lying about the Iraq war. He said recently that he only gave the go ahead to war because Bush told him that it was only to allow inspections, and the minute shock-and-awe happened, he was against it. So it's become apparent Biden is willing to tell whichever lie he thinks folks want to hear. Total opportunist, but his brain is melting, so he cant keep his stories straight. Trump would massacre him.

Comment

• I didn't watch the debate, but reading various synopses of it, I see Biden was caught off guard about a question involving a fossil fuel exec, but besides that I'm not seeing anything about "incoherence" or that he was "terrible." Is this just a review through TW's BernieGoggles?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I didn't watch the debate, but reading various synopses of it, I see Biden was caught off guard about a question involving a fossil fuel exec, but besides that I'm not seeing anything about "incoherence" or that he was "terrible." Is this just a review through TW's BernieGoggles?
                              https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...67776261930174

Comment

• "Former Vice President Joe Biden’s performance at the CNN climate change town hall was roundly panned as offering vague, evasive answers on climate policy and an upcoming fundraiser with a fossil fuel executive — although many viewers were apparently just distracted and grossed out by his left eye, which inexplicably filled with blood during the event.

Numerous online critics called out Biden for noncommittal responses and thought that he struggled to offer coherent replies. That last criticism centered on a question from an audience member who took direct aim at the 2020 presidential candidate’s pledge to refuse money from the fossil fuel industry, by confronting Biden about the fundraiser the candidate has scheduled for the very next night at the home of a natural gas executive."

Comment

Working...
                                X