No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden advisers' want Biden to "scale back" his public exposure to limit gaffes... yikes. Trump jumped all over it. Strange too, Biden was already campaigning with "limited visibility", doing less than half the number of events held by other candidates (10 events in 6 weeks to Bernie 25, Warren 23). He's also had his wife doing events for him and with him, which is just bizarre. If Bernie's wife showed up to speak at a Bernie rally during the primary?... it's all very worrisome. Or if you believe he's a loser to Trump like I do, then this is very encouraging news.

Here's the link:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...o-limit-gaffes
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Joe Biden advisers' want Biden to "scale back" his public exposure to limit gaffes... yikes. Trump jumped all over it. Strange too, Biden was already campaigning with "limited visibility", doing less than half the number of events held by other candidates (10 events in 6 weeks to Bernie 25, Warren 23). He's also had his wife doing events for him and with him, which is just bizarre. If Bernie's wife showed up to speak at a Bernie rally during the primary?... it's all very worrisome. Or if you believe he's a loser to Trump like I do, then this is very encouraging news.

Here's the link:

When you're winning the game, you run the ball to run out the clock...
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Joe Biden advisers' want Biden to "scale back" his public exposure to limit gaffes... yikes. Trump jumped all over it. Strange too, Biden was already campaigning with "limited visibility", doing less than half the number of events held by other candidates (10 events in 6 weeks to Bernie 25, Warren 23). He's also had his wife doing events for him and with him, which is just bizarre. If Bernie's wife showed up to speak at a Bernie rally during the primary?... it's all very worrisome. Or if you believe he's a loser to Trump like I do, then this is very encouraging news.

Here's the link:

It's pretty clear that Biden is losing momentum, which I agree is encouraging. Warren and Sanders both trending up which is great.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          When you're winning the game, you run the ball to run out the clock...
          You don't run out the clock in the middle of the 2nd quarter.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I think the moderates in the Democratic Party would be very wise to migrate to another candidate. I have long thought Biden was the best option for beating Trump, but I think I was mistaken in that belief. He has some serious issues that go beyond policy and I don’t think artificially propping him up or trying to hide them isn’t the right play. Plenty of time to get behind another moderate if you believe that’s the best way to beat Trump.

Comment

Here's the link:

Great reporting...thwap.

“A lot of people are nervous that he’s lost some of his mojo,” said one major Democratic donor. “They’re getting nervous about him going toe to toe with Trump. But the problem is, there doesn’t seem to be an alternative.”
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                You don't run out the clock in the middle of the 2nd quarter.
                Unless, you're in the two minute warning, and want to regroup for the second half. I'm not saying Biden is a sure thing, but he's a very known commodity. Limiting risk is a smart choice by his camp. It will all be interesting once the actual primaries start, and hopefully, we can get down to 4-5 actual candidates in the Democratic Party. Hopefully those five will be a spectrum from moderate to liberal.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                  I think the moderates in the Democratic Party would be very wise to migrate to another candidate. I have long thought Biden was the best option for beating Trump, but I think I was mistaken in that belief. He has some serious issues that go beyond policy and I don’t think artificially propping him up or trying to hide them isn’t the right play. Plenty of time to get behind another moderate if you believe that’s the best way to beat Trump.
                  Who should that be? The only other moderate with any significant traction is Harris, and she's been exposed herself.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Who should that be? The only other moderate with any significant traction is Harris, and she's been exposed herself.
                    I don't think there are clear moderate boxes, but if Biden were convinced to drop out of the race I could potentially see his supporters going to Buttigieg or Klobuchar. I just don't know that he'd drop out.

Comment

I wish Amy Klobuchar would step up her game, and stop with the MN Nice and attack the other candidates. Very disappointing!

Comment

I think most folks would consider Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Harris and Bullock as moderates. YMMV. Maybe Some others

Comment

Here's the link:

Speaking of gaffes, the article doesn't say "advisers" but says "allies" -- as in his 'friends'. That's a big difference than what you wrote. It says his allies are floating the idea to his campaign officials.

In any case, yes, he has to try and tone down the flubs. But again, you can't keep pushing down the aged Biden while pushing up the ancient Sanders as some new kid on the block.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Speaking of gaffes, the article doesn't say "advisers" but says "allies" -- as in his 'friends'. That's a big difference than what you wrote. It says his allies are floating the idea to his campaign officials.

In any case, yes, he has to try and tone down the flubs. But again, you can't keep pushing down the aged Biden while pushing up the ancient Sanders as some new kid on the block.
                            Sanders seems to be able to get thru a public event without drooling on himself....Biden? Not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

I wasn't trying to mislead. Besides, his actual advisers had talked about a "limited exposure campaign" months ago, so they've already put into place the strategy his allies are pushing for here.

Pretty bad sign when all of your biggest supporters are saying "we want to see less of you".
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I wasn't trying to mislead. Besides, his actual advisers had talked about a "limited exposure campaign" months ago, so they've already put into place the strategy his allies are pushing for here.

Pretty bad sign when all of your biggest supporters are saying "we want to see less of you".
                                It's not great, no. But at this point I can only see Warren overtaking him, and she's going to have a million Pocahontas tweets leveled at her head by the dipshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X