Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    "STFU?"

if you read a but more closely, you'll see I am talking about Warren and Harris - not you. same goes for "chickenshit," as you can see. I think you got stuck on a narrative about me and inadvertently morphed the post into it.

meanwhile, there is zero "whataboutism" in my post. it's not in response to any daily dopey Trump did, so that seems like an odd response to me.

finally, you missed the entire point of my post.

we both know that relatively few Democrats are aware that Obama's Attorney General's report didn't back up most of the popular narrative about this tragedy. Harris knows it. Warren knows it. so when they conveniently avoid challenging that report, they are full of shit. either argue that the report is bogus/corrupt/whatever - as I believe you are doing - or, well.... but don't ignore the report, ladies, to try to have it both ways. tell Democrats that you think Obama's AG was in on a coverup, or something.

you have claimed that anyone of any particular political stripe can be reasonably called out for crappy behavior. well, that's what happened.

I hope you'll re-read my post, and choose another response. thanks.
    I did and I misread it (though correct punctuation could have prevented that as I interpreted the new sentence as engaging me in the conversation) And so, I apologize for what i thought was an equitable response to you given the idea you'd said it to me.

I agree not many are versed in Holders report, nor quite a lot outside of Ferguson on fire, BLM and Brown/Wilson. Have you seen the documentary "Whose Streets?" If not, you should. Sure it's slanted, but there are nuggets in everything. Take from it what you will.

I do stand by my assertion that you have lost something recently, maybe due to the constant done in here or maybe something that's none of my business, but again, I hope you find it because I sincerely do miss the tone of the old JJ.

Until then, StayinTheForumUntilwheneveryoufeellike
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• no worries. I can understand how you read it how you did.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Bernie Sanders has called the drug manufacturers who charge too much "murderers". Does that also piss you off? Since they aren't technically murderers? Such a massive outrage in defense of a piece of fucking trash like Darren Wilson shows some truly strange priorities, to me.

But I've been assaulted and threatened up close and personal by a piece of shit police officer for doing the equivalent of "walking in the street", so I have a slightly different perspective than most. I've also seen how completely protected from legal consequence police themselves are. So I do believe that a community bully with a gun, who instigated a fight and ends it with a gun, is a fucking murderer, whether he's wearing a police uniform or gang colors. Call me crazy.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• if only I had posted this:

"the worst part is what they DID find was incredibly disturbing in its own right: a systemic harassment of people of color by the police department over many years, making their lives a living hell. that's the real takeaway."

wait, I did.

but it doesn't matter.

nobody except for GWIH wants to comment on Warren or Harris cynically pandering on a serious issue. ok.

I give up.

if the goal is to extinguish all voices not in lockstep with the majority community sentiment, victory is nearly at hand.

the celebration will be high fives into empty air.

enjoy!
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

if the goal is to extinguish all voices not in lockstep with the majority community sentiment, victory is nearly at hand.
            It does seem like Rotojunkie is becoming more and more an echo (not [echo]) chamber.

It's truly sad that the conservative and moderate voices here have been shouted down and demeaned that they no longer want to post.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• I would still welcome thought out conservative voice - there are less people posting on these threads in general

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                It does seem like Rotojunkie is becoming more and more an echo (not [echo]) chamber.

It's truly sad that the conservative and moderate voices here have been shouted down and demeaned that they no longer want to post.
                Of course the victim narrative. Just like whites are the victims of racism in the USA right? (don't respond as if I'm accusing of stating that because I'm not). The conservatives left because their principles have been exposed as fraudulent with the Trump takeover of their party.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• John Hickenlooper leaves the race, presumably to run for Senate in Colorado.

Comment

if only I had posted this:

"the worst part is what they DID find was incredibly disturbing in its own right: a systemic harassment of people of color by the police department over many years, making their lives a living hell. that's the real takeaway."

wait, I did.

but it doesn't matter.

nobody except for GWIH wants to comment on Warren or Harris cynically pandering on a serious issue. ok.

I give up.

the celebration will be high fives into empty air.

enjoy!
                    You think that systemic harassment of a community, unnecessary arrests, fines, and intimidation are the takeaway? This is standard operating procedure, it's not any giant revelation. I view the term "murderer" as one used in these instances for convenience and expedience. I honestly think if they had gone into detail about police harassment of the community, rather than pointing to Darren Wilson as a "murderer", they would be more likely to be labeled as "anti-police", as they'd be talking about systemic issues instead of one bad apple. Now, maybe someone like Bernie would have the guts to go into detail about police harassment, and make that case. He's not giving poll-tested answers, and he's unafraid to take stances that he might get attacked for later (reparations, Med4All for immigrants, voting rights for felons/terrorists, etc).

Now, I do think that you're right that the issue is systemic and broader than this one wrongful death/murder... but I don't believe that reducing it to "murder" is any great sin. We just have a difference of opinion on the significance of that.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Of course the victim narrative. Just like whites are the victims of racism in the USA right? (don't respond as if I'm accusing of stating that because I'm not). The conservatives left because their principles have been exposed as fraudulent with the Trump takeover of their party.
                      Yup, adding to the narrative with the victim mentality. I don't think any of those on the conservative side of the conversations here have ever been deregatory. Heaven forbid we should have a discourse with those that we disagree with.

But keep making sure that all those who have repeatedly said they aren't Trump supporters are lumped into the basket of deplorables.

Our country deserve Trump because we just refuse to listen to anyone with an differing idea.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Yup, adding to the narrative with the victim mentality. I don't think any of those on the conservative side of the conversations here have ever been deregatory. Heaven forbid we should have a discourse with those that we disagree with.

But keep making sure that all those who have repeatedly said they aren't Trump supporters are lumped into the basket of deplorables.

Our country deserve Trump because we just refuse to listen to anyone with an differing idea.
                        I wish I was as good at reading minds as he is—now we can know for sure why the conservatives all left. Plus, it works out well for him that his mind reading fits his preconceived biases about all those deplorables. Win, win!

Comment

And yet we've seen all too often those Trump "non-supporters" either defend his policies or criticize those pointing out whenever Trump does something despicable which is, you know, daily. It's not our fault your fellow Republicans elected this fucking piece of dog shit. Maybe you didn't vote for him, great, but your party did. Own that shit. Because it's going to own you (i.e., Republicans) for the remainder of our lives.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                            I wish I was as good at reading minds as he is—now we can know for sure why the conservatives all left. Plus, it works out well for him that his mind reading fits his preconceived biases about all those deplorables. Win, win!
                            Sure, must be just a coincidence.

Trump supporters, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, is deplorable. If that includes anyone on this board, oh well.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Sure, must be just a coincidence.

Trump supporters, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, is deplorable. If that includes anyone on this board, oh well.
                              Tell us Swami, what conservatives left because of not supporting Trump? Chancellor? He has dropped out for long periods before—I am sure he will be back.
                              CBB? His dad has ALS or cancer or dimentia? MAybe battling with you isn’t his top priority right now. Baldgriff? He has said many times he doesn’t like Trump, so I doubt that’s the reason. Because I can’t read minds, please tell me which of the Sports Bar’s deplorables left because they couldn’t support Trump.

Comment

Maybe you didn't vote for him, great, but your party did. Own that shit. Because it's going to own you (i.e., Republicans) for the remainder of our lives.
                                I don't agree with this statement. There's no party that I align with currently, mainly because both of our prevailing parties are so polarized that I'm not clear on how anyone can get behind 100% of what is being pushed. But even if I did, the fact that "my" party puts forward a particular candidate doesn't mean that I personally support him.

For example, it's interesting to replace the word "party" with "country" in this instance. In that case, it oddly applies to all of us (well other than you Canadians, eh?)

"Maybe you didn't vote for him, great, but your country did. Own that shit. Because it's going to own you (i.e., Americans) for the remainder of our lives."

Comment

Working...
                                X