Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143
Results 1,421 to 1,429 of 1429

Thread: Election 2020

Intelligent discussion on whether Hillary or Biden is more out of touch, based on his recent comments.

Latest poll from our friends (not) at Fox News shows Biden up 11, Bernie up 5 on Dear Leader:

Code:
    General Election: Trump vs. Biden	FOX News	Biden 49, Trump 38	Biden +11
    General Election: Trump vs. Sanders	FOX News	Sanders 46, Trump 41	Sanders +5
    General Election: Trump vs. Warren	FOX News	Warren 43, Trump 41	Warren +2
    General Election: Trump vs. Harris	FOX News	Harris 41, Trump 41	Tie
    General Election: Trump vs. Buttigieg	FOX News	Buttigieg 40, Trump 41	Trump +1

Big Leaguer
    Latest Fox News Democratic poll shows Biden up 18. He was up 8 in the previous Fox News poll.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...ination_polls/

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I will eat crow if Clinton is invited to speak at the 2020 DNC.
    duly noted
    in my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    8th place as of May 1
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, CSmith 1, Samardzija 1, Roark 8, PLopez 1, Mahle
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Dominguez 10
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B Barnes 8, SS BCrawford 9, 2S Descalso
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, KMarte 10, Dyson 8, NWilliams 2, UT Van Meter
    DL etc: SP Cueto 1, SS EGonzalez 2, OF CDickerson 17, OF Quinn, OF Cooper, OF Daza (minors)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    duly noted
    Just to clarify, I do mean just Bill, not Hillary. I'm sure she will speak.

South of the Cheedar Curtain, in the land of the FIBs
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    there IS a middle ground.

lunatics on the right think she made up the story.
    lunatics on the left don't care, because she might take down an enemy.

sane people tentatively conclude that she was at a party at that age, that she had a traumatic experience, and at some point she came to believe Kavanaugh was involved.

it's not about whether she was "telling the truth."
    it's about whether she was accurate in her independent recall, decades later, about who was involved in an incident she never talked about.

I feel as if I'm on an island: believing that she described the account she recalls as accurate in her mind - without us knowing for sure if she is correct - is not permitted.

either she is the madonna or - well, the other one.

what if she is neither?

she can be respected for her belief in her account, while we also recognize the lack of collaborating evidence and beyond. I have never questioned her personal sincerity. there is no question that the timing of her account was politically motivated by Feinstein - and I don't blame her for that. or anything.

the idea that "she is telling the truth" or "she is lying" is our binary universe.

I'd hate to think that the outrage was only politically selective.

and no one should lump me in with what other posters say. I'm not part of a team.
    JJ, this is a very solid post. I agree with almost everything you wrote.

Although, I’m apparently a part of some team in my blinded opinions and prone to the distortion of facts and evidence (of which, as I recall, there was very little, if any, other than very circumstantial), I don’t believe I’ve ever said she wasn’t believable. She was, and I believe she told her truth, as best as she could remember after nearly (maybe “more than”, not sure) 35 years. I think she was a victim of something 35 years ago but I have no idea of what. I KNOW she was a victim of being turned into a political pawn (unwillingly or willingly) in a game that is vile and will continue to manifest itself through the manipulative power bases leading both sides for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Bernie Brewer; Today at 09:45 AM.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

538.com ran an interesting article looking at states where Trump was more, or less, popular than their lean. In looking at that data, if you took all the states where Trump's net approval rating is underwater (which it is in 28 of the 50 states as well as DC) and assumed the Dems would triumph there, the election would be a major blowout, with 358 EC votes going to the Dems. If you throw the lowest two (Florida & NC, where surprisingly he's underwater in both) back to the GOP based on margin of error, it would still be a rout with 314 EC votes.

Still a long ways to go, but surprising that some supposed strongholds have turned against him.

Here's the article:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-he-should-be/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    What Kavanaugh and his friend did to Christine Blasey Ford is something that I would hope is rare even within Washington. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think most men, even men who have been in power, have attempted forcible rape. For example, the stuff that George HW Bush did was certainly wrong and abused his position of power but came nowhere close to what Ford accused Kavanaugh of doing.
    Based on the evidence presented, I don't think Kavanaugh is one of those men, at least not with regard to CBF. As JJ says, she is not a credible witness. Unlike JJ I think the outrage is entirely politically selective. Where is the outrage over Broaddrick, Millwee, Jones, etc. Look how long they put up with Weinstein.

What should be worrisome is the things that the Obama administration did to then candidate Donald Trump. That's scary stuff.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; Today at 01:41 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    As JJ says, she is not a credible witness.
    I did not say that.

I said that with zero other worthwhile evidence, it would be insane to derail someone's career over a 15-year-old, possibly drunk, youngster's rather incomplete memories. It's quite plausible that she was in a room somewhere with a few boys and she felt threatened. It's much less clear what happened, and whether Kavanaugh was even in the room.

I still hope that someday, people will shake their heads at how little evidence became required to accuse a political foe of all sorts of heinous crimes - and declare that person guilty in the court of public opinion.

And unfortunately within this climate, I fear at least one false claim of sexual assault from decades ago will be lodged at one of the Presidential candidates. remember the standard: a woman with a respectable career/life who steps forward and makes the claim. that's all that is needed. you don't need to have ever told anyone, or even remember where it happened.

that's the problem with opening Pandora's Box.
    Last edited by Judge Jude; Today at 10:35 AM.
    in my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    8th place as of May 1
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, CSmith 1, Samardzija 1, Roark 8, PLopez 1, Mahle
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Dominguez 10
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B Barnes 8, SS BCrawford 9, 2S Descalso
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, KMarte 10, Dyson 8, NWilliams 2, UT Van Meter
    DL etc: SP Cueto 1, SS EGonzalez 2, OF CDickerson 17, OF Quinn, OF Cooper, OF Daza (minors)