No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My current avatar sums up the entire Biden campaign message, saying he would work with Republicans, failing to tie the party to the current state of disrepair in the country, instead saying Trump didn't represent the party but was merely an aberration.

Paid losers.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      And that he was deteriorating physically to the point that he wouldn't make it through a tough campaign and was on the verge of full-on dementia.
      Adderall is a wonderful drug. So, i hear. I'm really surprised that they didn't have TV ads for Adderall during the Presidential debates.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Adderall is a wonderful drug. So, i hear. I'm really surprised that they didn't have TV ads for Adderall during the Presidential debates.
        Yeah, I seriously underestimated the power of the uppers they've got Biden on.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          You lie. Show me where I said Biden would lose badly, or that he would lose at all! I said he was running a shitty campaign with flawed strategy, and I was right. His down ballot losses are entirely his fault, messaging that Republicans are good people and that Trump is uniquely bad. That was a shit message.

You said Biden was going to steamroll Trump worse than the polls showed. You were way off.
          Here:
          Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          How do you guys think voting will go in November? With the right wing holding 'end the lockdown' rallies, and Trump voters fanaticism, do you really think enough Biden voters will be willing to go and vote and risk getting the virus during the peak of the Covid 2nd wave? He's done much worse at uniting Bernie voters than Hillary did, so the under 45 vote which Biden lost entirely to Sanders will be out building communes and/or not see any difference between them, or actively despise the compulsive lying, grab-em-by-the-pussy senile prick wearing a D and stay home. I think your optimism is highly misplaced. I'm almost tempted to do a further avatar bet, I'm so convinced he'll lose.

These polls are the same numbers HRC had going into the home stretch in '16, and Biden is a disaster in comparison. I don't think its gonna be pretty.
          And here:
          One can only hope. But it amazes me that some folks are still itching to blame the progressive wing of the party for Biden's loss, even when all the progressives are being actively shut out of the process in favor of Republicans to stand in their place.

Whether you want to go in the direction of AOC or not is irrelevant. Actively benching your biggest superstar is akin to forfeit. How much bigger would the wave of support been if AOC's base was activated? Certainly would only have helped boost enthusiasm, especially among the most critical and difficult to wrangle young voter bloc.

Oh well, its not like the Republicans could manipulate a delayed vote count to steal the presidency while receiving less votes... I'm sure you'll be fine.
          and here:
          If Warren had dropped out before getting embarrassed like she did throughout super Tuesday, narrative from her endorsement as well as her voters moving to him would have been enough to propel him to a win....

What a legit progressive, screwing over the guy she claimed to support in favor of elevating a senile surefire loser like Biden... what incredible political instinct she exhibits. Her campaign manager stated the point of their campaign was to hurt Bernie Sanders. The game is over, she was never a progressive. She's a power hungry "player in the game," she told everyone herself but they didn't listen.
          and here:
          If Sanders and Biden were close enough in pledged delegates at the DNC convention that super-delegates could pick Sanders, even knowing Biden is a grab-em-by-the-pussy piece of shit with dementia who WILL lose to Trump for these reasons... they would STILL vote for Biden. It's not about beating Trump, it's about beating the voters, about maintaining the neo-liberal power structure. Blue no matter who voters are meant to bend over and take it, and most are happy to. Or as Jill Biden said "swallow it". Take your pick.

I'm glad that even you can finally see what an irredeemable piece of human garbage Joe Biden is.
          and here:
          I am admittedly terrified that your prediction could come true. It's all about narrative, so if Bernie wins 10/15 states and leads in delegates, it will be harder for media to ignore Bernie's broad appeal, and Bernie could see the bump. Also very focused on Massachusetts. If Bernie beats Warren, she needs to leave. Her campaign has admitted it's all about hurting Sanders now... such a true progressive that she is.

But you're probably right. I find it sad that you're so gleeful to be quoting Biden's mental collapse. If he does come back to take it legitimately from Samders, Dems are fucked. I will laugh at the idiocy of the decision to push all the chips in for Biden.

And of course... Biden losing will be blamed on the "Bernie Bros", who will be critical on twitter, and just like that demon Susan Sarandon in '16, they'll swing the election to Trump...

Man, I hope Bernie gets a win because he's the only candidate that beats Trump. Seriously, if someone else ran the campaign to beat Trump, I would support them... I started out the primary supporting Richard Ojeda and Gillibrand... I want Trump out because of the climate crisis. Biden won't get anything done, win or lose, so what's the point?

But go ahead and celebrate if Biden wins. It will be short lived.
          I'm sure there are many more. I just have other things to do right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            And that he was deteriorating physically to the point that he wouldn't make it through a tough campaign and was on the verge of full-on dementia.
            Wellll, Teenwolf and I have had some major differences here, but I'm going to defend him on this one. Physically, this was hardly a tough campaign for Biden - whether due to COVID, Democratic strategy, or both, the level of travel and in-person events versus in-basement events was a pretty low ratio. Trump most definitely out-worked Biden relative to in-person events in crunch time. I'm not saying that was a bad strategy - in fact, it was likely a very good one - but the physical demands of the campaign that was needed to be far less than what was perceived when Teenwolf made that statement.

Relative to verge of full-on dementia, I thought that was overly strong, but some of those word salads sure pointed to apraxia/aphasia, which at his age is often a precursor sign to dementia related issues. Given how the polls read in early October, I suspect a lot of other Democrats felt the same way, or there's no way Speaker Pelosi would have brought forth the commission under the 25th Amendment that she did. In fact, her own statement is pretty telling, IMO: "A president’s fitness for office must be determined by science and facts, this legislation applies to future presidents, but we are reminded of the necessity of action by the heath of the current president." Given the odds of being able to leverage Trump out in three months was very low, and the perceived odds of Trump being in office past those three months was also low, to me it's pretty clear who she's pointing this at. Others mileage may vary.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Relative to verge of full-on dementia, I thought that was overly strong, but some of those word salads sure pointed to apraxia/aphasia, which at his age is often a precursor sign to dementia related issues. Given how the polls read in early October, I suspect a lot of other Democrats felt the same way, or there's no way Speaker Pelosi would have brought forth the commission under the 25th Amendment that she did. In fact, her own statement is pretty telling, IMO: "A president’s fitness for office must be determined by science and facts, this legislation applies to future presidents, but we are reminded of the necessity of action by the heath of the current president." Given the odds of being able to leverage Trump out in three months was very low, and the perceived odds of Trump being in office past those three months was also low, to me it's pretty clear who she's pointing this at. Others mileage may vary.
              Wait, what? You think she was referring to Biden and not Trump? That's... pretty out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I'm sure there are many more. I just have other things to do right now.
                Thanks for that. Everyone on this board knows what he said but I wasn't going to bother tracking them down.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Thanks for that. Everyone on this board knows what he said but I wasn't going to bother tracking them down.
                  But... you lie!

Comment

• Two other kudos I'll throw out:

- Again, for Teenwolf, even I thought his denunciation of the press relative to soft-pedaling Biden was too strong. After what happened to Glenn Greenwald; however, Teenwolf was proven correct. While Matt Taibbi officially still writes for Rolling Stone, he's limited in what he can put out there, and has moved the bulk of his writing over to Substack. Glenn Greenwald was outright fired - from a news system he helped create - and also now writes on Substack. These are two very liberal writers who have been partially or fully run off their primary publications for daring to challenge the narrative.

- I'm pretty sure this is the sixth consecutive election GITH has called right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Wait, what? You think she was referring to Biden and not Trump? That's... pretty out there.
                      Embrace the power of "and".

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Two other kudos I'll throw out:

- Again, for Teenwolf, even I thought his denunciation of the press relative to soft-pedaling Biden was too strong. After what happened to Glenn Greenwald; however, Teenwolf was proven correct. While Matt Taibbi officially still writes for Rolling Stone, he's limited in what he can put out there, and has moved the bulk of his writing over to Substack. Glenn Greenwald was outright fired - from a news system he helped create - and also now writes on Substack. These are two very liberal writers who have been partially or fully run off their primary publications for daring to challenge the narrative.

- I'm pretty sure this is the sixth consecutive election GITH has called right.
                        Greenwald and Taibbi aren't liberal, they're contrarian. They both ran with the Biden as rapist story (like TW), and then when that went poof, they jumped on the Hunter's laptop story which was equally absurd. Greenwald, particularly, has come completely unhinged with his hatred of the Democratic Party.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Greenwald and Taibbi aren't liberal, they're contrarian. They both ran with the Biden as rapist story (like TW), and then when that went poof, they jumped on the Hunter's laptop story which was equally absurd. Greenwald, particularly, has come completely unhinged with his hatred of the Democratic Party.
                          I'll have to disagree with you on Taibbi in particular. I guess you could call Greenwald more of a "liberalatarian"; despite my policy disagreements with him, he's always been a staunch First Amendment supporter. He's the reporter version of what the ACLU used to be, but is admittedly no longer.

Comment

• Serious question...other than Biden, which Dems that ran against Biden for the nomination do you think would have also won against Trump if they were the nominee?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                              Serious question...other than Biden, which Dems that ran against Biden for the nomination do you think would have also won against Trump if they were the nominee?
                              I think the only other possible winners would've been Klobuchar, Booker and Harris. None of them would've done as well as Biden IMO, and that is a sad admission.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                                Serious question...other than Biden, which Dems that ran against Biden for the nomination do you think would have also won against Trump if they were the nominee?
                                A lot of them. If you limit it to just the candidates who made the primaries, I've already given my POV that Warren would have won, but I also think Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Bloomberg, and Patrick would have beat him, too. I actually think Sanders would receive more votes, but would have struggled in Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona. But he might have pulled it off, too. Heck, if the DNC would have gotten behind Yang, he could have won, too. If this were a conventional election, that's probably not the case. But this wasn't a conventional election - as, I think it was revo who noted, so many voters voted against Trump and not for Biden, and any of those candidates would have also received those votes. I also think all of them would have outperformed Biden on the campaign trail and especially in the debates to the point that would overcome their lack of name recognition compared to Biden. Again, others mileage may vary.

Comment

Working...
                                X