Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Wrong again. I fully recognize that the political process in our country is broken and unrepresentative of the people. That doesn't mean that both sides are equally to blame, nor that neither side is preferable. One side is actively promoting the destruction of our planet, stoking racism, blocking the provision of health care to millions, attacking women's reproductive freedom, shifting money to the rich, undermining our education system, and vilifying immigrants. The Democrats have their own issues but to see what the Trump Party has become and still maintain that both sides are equally to blame is just delusional or idiotic.

Of course, when you think billionaires should pay the same tax rate as single mothers living paycheck to paycheck, it is not surprising that you think this way.
    Exactly. One can both see that politics as a whole is broken but also recognize who is doing the most damage to our country and the world right now, and it isn't close. The Republican party lost any chance of equivalency when it became the party of Trump.

Comment

Wrong again. I fully recognize that the political process in our country is broken and unrepresentative of the people. That doesn't mean that both sides are equally to blame, nor that neither side is preferable. One side is actively promoting the destruction of our planet, stoking racism, blocking the provision of health care to millions, attacking women's reproductive freedom, shifting money to the rich, undermining our education system, and vilifying immigrants. The Democrats have their own issues but to see what the Trump Party has become and still maintain that both sides are equally to blame is just delusional or idiotic.

Of course, when you think billionaires should pay the same tax rate as single mothers living paycheck to paycheck, it is not surprising that you think this way.
      No. You just don't understand why a well over a third of the country agrees with Donald J Trump and not you.

You did catch the massive bounce in the polls off the SoTU Address, right?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        No. You just don't understand why a well over a third of the country agrees with Donald J Trump and not you.

You did catch the massive bounce in the polls off the SoTU Address, right?

J
        Well over a third, impressive.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Well over a third, impressive.
          The other two thirds don’t count obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
            The other two thirds don’t count obviously.
            On J's Bizarro World, it's the minority that matters, not the majority. Sheesh!

"Massive bounce" = 39.5% approve to 41.5% approve. Woooo!

Comment

• Amy Klobuchar live town hall from New Hampshire coming up at 10 pm ET on CNN
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                Amy Klobuchar live town hall from New Hampshire coming up at 10 pm ET on CNN

I didn't watch it yet, so this comment doesn't factor in her Town Hall. I'll make a long shot bet right now. Klobuchar, the uninspiring, abusive and vindictive centrist so many on here like, will finish with less votes than populist Dem candidate Andrew Yang. Takers?

Yang just had a decent showing on Joe Rogan, then made another fun appearance on Fox Business with Stuart Varney discussing Yang's $1000/mth UBI plan (universal basic income). Yang explains "no American watching this is going to quit their job on $1000 a month. That is not enough to do more than to survive marginally in any situation. What they're going to do is take that money and start businesses. They're going to go back to school, and they're going to frequent their Main Street economy, and we're all going to be better off for it."... To which Varney hilariously mumbles "good... paradise, right?". "Well, we have to start thinking bigger about what direction we want to move in as a society because the truth is - I was just in Silicon Valley last month - we are going through the greatest technological and economic shift in human history and we need to make much bigger moves towards an economy that's sustainable over the long term for all Americans." Incrementalist policies will be dead in the water, I think. Just my very early prediction.

Warren has face planted, and kindly cleared the far left lane for Bernie, if he runs. Same with Ojeda dropping out. Also love the enormous field of indistinguishable centrists pretending to be progressive right now. It all aligns well for Bernie. AOC's endorsement of Bernie will carry more weight than any other endorsement in 2020. If only Biden would buy into the polls and run, I'd be thrilled, but I believe he will stay out to appease DNC consensus fave, Harris. Crossing my fingers for a large centrist split.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• this sounds like you are piling your entire bankroll of Beto O'Rourke winnings to gain that 2018 US Senate seat that you promised us into 2020. I don't recall if you also went all-in on Bernie 2016 for President prediction.

good luck!

"I didn't watch it yet"

um, "yet" on the Klobuchar town hall seems to be doing a lot of heavy lifting here.
                  I taped it but didn't get to it yet.
                  you?
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    this sounds like you are piling your entire bankroll of Beto O'Rourke winnings to gain that 2018 US Senate seat that you promised us into 2020. I don't recall if you also went all-in on Bernie 2016 for President prediction.

good luck!

"I didn't watch it yet"

um, "yet" on the Klobuchar town hall seems to be doing a lot of heavy lifting here.
                    I taped it but didn't get to it yet.
                    you?
                    Please show me where I put all my money on Beto, rather than simply needling 1Jay about what a pathetic campaign Cruz ran, talking about Beto banning BBQ and whatnot... I root for the underdog, but held no delusions of the odds of an upset. But now that you've diminished my political acumen with your BS about Beto, let's discuss AK. By the way, highly regrettable that she chose to run now... 2024 she could go with "AK-47" as her campaign slogan.

You think Klobuchar's answers on her abuse of staff ("I'm a tough boss"), non-support for Med4All, non-support of free college, non-support of Green New Deal, and flowery platitudes like "we need to cross the river of our divides together", which she repeated multiple times... you think that's going to get it done? You think talking about incrementalism is a winning strategy? I think she's headed for an early exit. But I absolutely hope that substance-free centrists like her continue to jump in and delude themselves into thinking that premature surrender to Republican positions is a winning strategy. The dejected looks of everybody asking Klobuchar questions is pure gold.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Bernie Sanders officially declares for the '20 race

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Please show me where I put all my money on Beto, rather than simply needling 1Jay about what a pathetic campaign Cruz ran, talking about Beto banning BBQ and whatnot... I root for the underdog, but held no delusions of the odds of an upset. But now that you've diminished my political acumen with your BS about Beto, let's discuss AK. By the way, highly regrettable that she chose to run now... 2024 she could go with "AK-47" as her campaign slogan.

You think Klobuchar's answers on her abuse of staff ("I'm a tough boss"), non-support for Med4All, non-support of free college, non-support of Green New Deal, and flowery platitudes like "we need to cross the river of our divides together", which she repeated multiple times... you think that's going to get it done? You think talking about incrementalism is a winning strategy? I think she's headed for an early exit. But I absolutely hope that substance-free centrists like her continue to jump in and delude themselves into thinking that premature surrender to Republican positions is a winning strategy. The dejected looks of everybody asking Klobuchar questions is pure gold.
                        I still would rather a centrist candidate win than a more progressive candidate lose and am not convinced, at all, that a very progressive candidate would win.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          I still would rather a centrist candidate win than a more progressive candidate lose and am not convinced, at all, that a very progressive candidate would win.
                          Your assumption that a centrist would win and a progressive would lose is merely an assumption. There's a reason AOC is a superstar, and it's not because she beat a superstar, as Crowley hilariously suggested recently. It's because AOC/Bernie represent ideas supported by majorities of the population, and its refreshing to see the will of the people engaged in discourse and enacted in policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            Your assumption that a centrist would win and a progressive would lose is merely an assumption. There's a reason AOC is a superstar, and it's not because she beat a superstar, as Crowley hilariously suggested recently. It's because AOC/Bernie represent ideas supported by majorities of the population, and its refreshing to see the will of the people engaged in discourse and enacted in policy.
                            Sometimes centrist decide to keep the crap they have, as they don't know what the other turd smells like.

I think most everyone is accepting of incremental change. Wholesale change is very difficult.

Until you see a lot of the older Baby Boomers starting to die off, you're going to see a lot of support for Trump.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Latest polls:

Code:
                              General Election: Trump vs. Biden	Emerson	Biden 55, Trump 45	Biden +10
                              General Election: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Sanders 51, Trump 49	Sanders +2
                              General Election: Trump vs. Harris	Emerson	Harris 52, Trump 48	Harris +4
                              General Election: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Warren 53, Trump 47	Warren +6
                              General Election: Trump vs. O'Rourke	Emerson	O'Rourke 53, Trump 47	O'Rourke +6
                              General Election: Trump vs. Booker	Emerson	Booker 51, Trump 49	Booker +2
                              General Election: Trump vs. Klobuchar	Emerson	Klobuchar 51, Trump 49	Klobuchar +2
                              General Election: Trump vs. Brown	Emerson	Brown 52, Trump 48	Brown +4
                              General Election: Trump vs. Biden vs. Schultz	Emerson	Biden 51, Trump 42, Schultz 7	Biden +9
                              General Election: Trump vs. Harris vs. Schultz	Emerson	Trump 45, Harris 43, Schultz 12	Trump +2

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Latest polls:

Code:
                                General Election: Trump vs. Biden	Emerson	Biden 55, Trump 45	Biden +10
                                General Election: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Sanders 51, Trump 49	Sanders +2
                                General Election: Trump vs. Harris	Emerson	Harris 52, Trump 48	Harris +4
                                General Election: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Warren 53, Trump 47	Warren +6
                                General Election: Trump vs. O'Rourke	Emerson	O'Rourke 53, Trump 47	O'Rourke +6
                                General Election: Trump vs. Booker	Emerson	Booker 51, Trump 49	Booker +2
                                General Election: Trump vs. Klobuchar	Emerson	Klobuchar 51, Trump 49	Klobuchar +2
                                General Election: Trump vs. Brown	Emerson	Brown 52, Trump 48	Brown +4
                                General Election: Trump vs. Biden vs. Schultz	Emerson	Biden 51, Trump 42, Schultz 7	Biden +9
                                General Election: Trump vs. Harris vs. Schultz	Emerson	Trump 45, Harris 43, Schultz 12	Trump +2
                                Who are these Schultz supporters? do they care about him or just a none of the above choice.

I was under the impression that he really had no affect

Comment

Working...
                                X