Page 412 of 430 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 4292

Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    I think anything less than 1st place in SC will lead to a private phone call from Obama to Biden saying, ‘it’s over’.
    The biggest question left in the race, in my opinion, is where the support of older/more traditional Black voters goes, particularly if Biden can't recover big time in SC. Per my own social media and work circles, they're loathe to go to Buttigieg or Bloomberg. Is that an opening for Klobuchar or Warren, or can Bernie win those Black voters who have been leaning Biden. If they swing to Bernie, I think that's the ball game.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    The biggest question left in the race, in my opinion, is where the support of older/more traditional Black voters goes, particularly if Biden can't recover big time in SC. Per my own social media and work circles, they're loathe to go to Buttigieg or Bloomberg. Is that an opening for Klobuchar or Warren, or can Bernie win those Black voters who have been leaning Biden. If they swing to Bernie, I think that's the ball game.
    I think at some point if Sanders starts pulling ahead, Obama will endorse someone not named Sanders, and that will be your nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    You're good with Commas?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzMUrB-Um1Y - language warning

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    The timing of when various candidates drop out is the other big factor. As long as Bloomberg, Biden, Pete and Klobuchar are all in the race Bernie will probably be in good shape. If Warren drops out early that could be even better for him (probably, but at this point I'm not sure where here supporters would go)

I think at some point if Sanders starts pulling ahead, Obama will endorse someone not named Sanders, and that will be your nominee.
    I'm usually agreeable that every single Democratic power broker will put their weight into stopping Sanders, but with Obama, I'm not so sure he would make such a public gesture. His main job now is protecting his image and legacy, and his Netflix lifestyle brand contracts, etc. He's too calculated to make a bad bet, and there's nobody with enough cache to catch him, even with an Obama endorsement bounce, I don't think. So he wouldn't make the wager for fear of backing a loser.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I'm usually agreeable that every single Democratic power broker will put their weight into stopping Sanders, but with Obama, I'm not so sure he would make such a public gesture. His main job now is protecting his image and legacy, and his Netflix lifestyle brand contracts, etc. He's too calculated to make a bad bet, and there's nobody with enough cache to catch him, even with an Obama endorsement bounce, I don't think. So he wouldn't make the wager for fear of backing a loser.
    I don’t know about that....he won by 2% in a state very favorable to him. I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion he will be the nominee.

I don’t know about that....he won by 2% in a state very favorable to him. I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion he will be the nominee.
    Yeah, it is great to be positive about Bernie's chances right now, but frankly, I thought he'd do better there. Lotta game left to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yeah, it is great to be positive about Bernie's chances right now, but frankly, I thought he'd do better there. Lotta game left to be played.
    I agree. It's amazing that if Klobuchar hadnt surged as much, Buttigieg could have won NH, and then it would be much more tenuous for Sanders. Klobuchar might have saved his bacon.

Did anyone notice that Klobuchar had more votes than Biden and Warren combined?

I don't buy the Mighty Mike scenario, but Klobuchar might have some legs. A lot depends on who has traction in the three big Super Tuesday regions.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Journeyman
    Doesn’t someone have to take the fall for this debacle? I am not plugged in well enough to know where most of the blame lies, but it would seem that either Perez or the head of the IDP has go to go at this point. Am I wrong?
    Took a little while, but the ax finally fell on someone:
    https://nypost.com/2020/02/12/iowa-d...-caucus-chaos/