Page 398 of 625 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 6245

Thread: Election 2020

It keeps getting better.

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/1225468833458245632

Enough is enough. In light of the problems that have emerged in the implementation of the delegate selection plan and in order to assure public confidence in the results, I am calling on the Iowa Democratic Party to immediately begin a recanvass.

--------------------------

A recanvass is a review of the worksheets from each caucus site to ensure accuracy.

The IDP will continue to report results.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    It keeps getting better.

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/1225468833458245632

Enough is enough. In light of the problems that have emerged in the implementation of the delegate selection plan and in order to assure public confidence in the results, I am calling on the Iowa Democratic Party to immediately begin a recanvass.

--------------------------

A recanvass is a review of the worksheets from each caucus site to ensure accuracy.

The IDP will continue to report results.
    Doesn’t someone have to take the fall for this debacle? I am not plugged in well enough to know where most of the blame lies, but it would seem that either Perez or the head of the IDP has go to go at this point. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    Doesn’t someone have to take the fall for this debacle? I am not plugged in well enough to know where most of the blame lies, but it would seem that either Perez or the head of the IDP has go to go at this point. Am I wrong?
    When Sanders wins, all the heads will roll. That's why they're so blatantly rigging it.

The result (a clear win in popular vote and more or less a tie in delegate count) was great for Sanders regardless. He clearly topped Warren and seems certain to top her in NH, NV and SC as well. Biden finished fourth (and closer to fifth than to third). And while Buttigieg will presumably get a bump off of the strong showing in Iowa, his inability to appeal to Black voters dooms him over the longer haul. All it does is delay a rally around either Biden or Bloomberg by those who don't want Sanders to be the nominee. So Sanders fans should hope Buttigieg stays viable through Super Tuesday.

Tom Perez is stepping on the scales with the weight of a silver back gorilla. If anybody thinks the entire establishment isn't aligned behind stopping Bernie right now, they're blind. The word of the day is rigged.

So they had the big CNN reveal of the DMR poll spiked, which showed Bernie leading due to a completely idiotic excuse that 1 individual didn't get Buttigieg as an option. So they're soooooo concerned about quality control that they spiked the poll.... yet they didn't have the foresight to pre-test the app before caucus day?

They're so concerned with quality control that they put out wildly different numbers than the real reported numbers from precinct captains, one precinct had given massive slices of Sanders vote total, split between Duval Patrick and Steyer. Several districts showing more people voting in the 2nd rd than the 1st rd, which is an impossibility in a fair caucus process.

They keep releasing dribs and drabs of the vote total that show Sanders losing, despite being riddled with what NBC called dozens of clear errors. This is the quality control, taking days to release, riddled with dozens of errors, almost uniformly hurting Sanders vote total to keep him just a hair behind Buttigieg. You think the fact the vast majority of these errors favor Buttigieg and hurt Sanders is a coincidence?

The final straw, when Sanders declared victory yesterday, as he has a 6K vote lead on 1st ballot, 2.5K vote lead after realignment, CNN needed to screw him with narrative again. While NBC and the AP reported that the DNC 99.9% results were too faulty to believe. Reporting is that Buttigieg's campaign complained to the DNC when Sanders started dominating the satellite caucus sites, and that's what Tom Perez was freaked out about in his "enough is enough" statement...

Not only this, but CNN had an 8 pm Sanders Town Hall, 9 pm Buttigieg Town Hall. Guess when they released the latest horribly flawed results? 9 pm! "Hey Mayor Cheat, how does it feel that the DNC confirmed you won Iowa just before you stepped on the stage?"

Isn't it great the DNC are willing to destroy voters faith in democracy to stop Sanders? I told you they care more about stopping Sanders than beating Trump. How much lower will the DNC go in debasing themselves so publicly?

Sanders' campaign responded with details that show about 30 vote equivalent errors that would be enough to move him ahead on the final count comfortably.

C'mon B-Fly, I know you're a DNC cheerleader, but even you have to see past your pom-poms that this is blatant scale tipping, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    C'mon B-Fly, I know you're a DNC cheerleader, but even you have to see past your pom-poms that this is blatant scale tipping, right?
    I'm not a cheerleader. I think they're constantly tripping over their own feet. I just don't think they're deliberately trying to help Buttigieg and hurt Sanders, since as I noted above, I think Buttigieg has no chance without Black support and thus keeping him alive only hurts Biden and Bloomberg.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    I'm not a cheerleader. I think they're constantly tripping over their own feet. I just don't think they're deliberately trying to help Buttigieg and hurt Sanders, since as I noted above, I think Buttigieg has no chance without Black support and thus keeping him alive only hurts Biden and Bloomberg.
    That would make sense if they weren't trying to foster every condition to lead to a brokered convention possible.

They're not trying to elevate a winner, they're just hoping to keep Sanders as far below the 1990 delegate threshold to win the nomination as possible before super delegates can pick their choice on the 2nd round.

Journeyman
    Very interesting interview with James Carville. Worth the read.
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...james-carville

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    Very interesting interview with James Carville. Worth the read.
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...james-carville
    It's really not IMO.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    It's really not IMO.
    Yes, I know nothing penetrates your bubble. You have demonstrated for years in here that anything that doesn’t fit your world view isn’t worthy of your time.
    Carville has had a rather outsized influence in American politics for a couple of decades. Agree or disagree with him, his take on things is interesting and relevant. Shallow is the individual that can’t recognize that.
    Last edited by nots; 02-07-2020 at 06:18 PM.