Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    wHY Not just Call mith a liar !!
    That's just rude.

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    correlation does not equal causation.
    But it also doesn't not equal causation

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    That's where I'm confused now too. He didn't use them initially, and Mith didn't add them, and they aren't there in the original..... ghost?
    I've regained limited Mod powers--I'm the new Grammar Sherriff in town....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm guessing Mith uses an editor that automatically corrects everything he drafts, including inline quotes ... must be some librarian-proprietary thing ...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.
    Some people think he's playing chess when actually his aides are trying to stop him from eating the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    I'm guessing Mith uses an editor that automatically corrects everything he drafts, including inline quotes ... must be some librarian-proprietary thing ...
    But it didn't correct the first word of the quote. Weird librarians!

Quote Originally Posted by ken View Post
    but it didn't correct the first word of the quote. Weird librarians!
    quiet!!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Quiet!!
    Don't worry, my keyboard is completely silent. I have my sound cancelling headphones on to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    So TW you get to tell everyone else here to stop being an asshole, but you get to be an asshole to TS Garp.

Put your big fucking boy pants on, or stop name calling and other's will do the same to you.

I love your passion, don't get me wrong, but you denigrate anyone with a different passion or pokes a hole in your myopic view of Bernie and the Democrats.
    Answer to the questions I posed regarding Klobuchar, please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    Amazing how the tinfoil hats have swung on the pendulum here in 'Merica.

I thought only the far-righties were the conspiracy theorists.
    So this post was about me, when I hadnt addressed you in any way. Instead of addressing arguments, you write me off with an insult like that... and you're the one begging for civility... got it.

Thanks for the lesson in how I should post more respectfully, kind sir. Good day to you.

Fivethirtyeight updated their prediction model. Totals are delegates (1990 for a majority)

Sanders 1492
    Biden 1033
    Warren 613
    Buttigieg 496
    Bloomberg 213

I think they underestimate how hard Biden is collapsing. If Biden finishes 4th in Iowa, he could also finish 4th in New Hampshire, and then his electability argument is gone. If he loses South Carolina, he would have to step aside for Bloomberg's super Tuesday run, you would think.

I'm terrified of Bloomberg, up to 14% in the morning consult poll. I don't know if he can turn it into votes, especially after he joins debates and faces scrutiny, but his first quarter $Bn spent got him to 14% and he just approved another quarter bil.