Page 377 of 458 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4572

Thread: Election 2020

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid nullnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    The days of bipartisan cooperation are over. Get your people into power and Jam through as much legislature from your platform if you can even if you scorch the earth to do so (not actually scorch the earth, but you get it)
    no you're right. don't be shy. it literally does scorch the earth sometimes.

I understand jamming through as much legislation as you can from your platform, because you think it helps the country. I can understand pushing through as many judicial confirmations as you can, because you want to restore balance and justice in the courts. But I can't support things like gerrymandering and trying to disenfranchise the Republican Party's voters. I think that would be both wrong and counterproductive in the long run.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I understand jamming through as much legislation as you can from your platform, because you think it helps the country. I can understand pushing through as many judicial confirmations as you can, because you want to restore balance and justice in the courts. But I can't support things like gerrymandering and trying to disenfranchise the Republican Party's voters. I think that would be both wrong and counterproductive in the long run.
    On all of this-we agree.

I'm not here to advocate disenfranchising voters regardless of affiliation, nor do I want to win at any cost.

In fact I believe I have more against the system in general than the GOP (non Trump) platform.

Hopefully Sanders won't have to face this bullshit again and whomever wins the nod, does so in a fair fight.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I liked David Frums point this morning, that using Dershowitz's definition, the more of a deranged egomaniac the president is, the more rights he would have.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.
    Some people think he's playing chess when actually his aides are trying to stop him from eating the pieces.

Amy Klobuchar put away a black 16 year old for life in prison for a drive-by shooting that killed a young girl. Now that it appears Klobuchar locked up this 16 year old until the age of 33 without serious material evidence, and he's been found to be likely innocent, multiple groups are calling for Klobuchar to suspend her campaign. Being the vindictive asshole that she is, of course she disallowed him from attending his mother's funeral while stealing the prime of his life. I have no clue what anybody here likes about her. Not a fun way for her to go into the weekend before Iowa, but I guess at least with impeachment holding her in the Senate she can't be asked about it.

minneapolis-naacp-black-lives-matter-call-on-klobuchar-to-suspend-campaign

In contrast to the scope of expansion debates on the left, Trump is proposing cuts to Medicaid. My sister's partner has all his cancer treatments covered by Medicaid. It is a vital safety net for America's poor. I am surprised he is doing this right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...-medicaid-cuts

https://readsludge.com/2020/01/29/ms...campaign-cash/

A Sludge review of Federal Election Commission records shows Biden is the preferred candidate of the station’s owners, the behemoth Comcast Corporation.

Biden has received 17 large campaign contributions from executives and vice presidents at Comcast, including eight for the legal maximum of $2,800. Of all the other candidates still in the race, only South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg has received any Comcast executive contributions—Buttigieg received a single contribution from Comcast Managing Director Amy Banse.

In addition, Comcast’s top lobbyist, David Cohen, co-hosted Biden’s kick-off fundraiser in April and he is listed as a bundler for the campaign, meaning that he has collected at least $25,000 in contributions from others for Biden.

Despite all the stuff anyone can point to about how he is being propped up by donors or the media, I am still surprised Biden has as much traction as he still has, given his history of snafus and missteps, coupled with those he continues to make, which may be exacerbated by age.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Despite all the stuff anyone can point to about how he is being propped up by donors or the media, I am still surprised Biden has as much traction as he still has, given his history of snafus and missteps, coupled with those he continues to make, which may be exacerbated by age.
    He does have a loyal group of followers apparently

'You're A Piece Of Shit And I Hope Everyone Like You Dies,' Says Biden To Democratic Voter In Stirring Call For Party Unity

Quote Originally Posted by The Onion
    OTTUMWA, IA—As part of his effort to reinvigorate the coalition that once put Barack Obama in the White House, presidential candidate Joe Biden issued a moving plea for party unity when he told a Democratic voter “You’re a piece of shit and I hope everyone like you dies,” reports confirmed Thursday. “Look here, pal, fuck you and fuck anybody who thinks like you,” the former vice president said to a town hall participant in what political experts have hailed as a rousing call for Democrats, independents, and even moderate Republicans to join together in harmony and overcome the divisiveness and rancor that have characterized the Trump era. “If that’s what you believe, you’re clearly an idiot, and I don’t need your vote. Seriously, you and every single person in this fucking town deserves to die. Now back the hell up before I tear your throat out with my goddamn teeth.” After the event, a screaming, red-faced Biden reportedly continued to share his inspiring vision by informing a group of unwitting Iowans that he could beat their asses with one hand tied behind his back.